General Plotting

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

General Plotting

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Because we can't always be in the same place at the same time for instant communication, I create a thread for discussing random plot bunnies, amusing situations, or just the little things that get into your head that you feel need to at least share if not actually use. Enjoy!

For my own contribution, I've been thinking about the holidays. Specifically that one that rhymes with Smissmass. I think it'd be funny for Connal to try and make his own version of an Australian Christmas tree, by chopping up random little trees and branches and trying to make them look like antlers.

WHAT'S ON THE REST OF ALL YOUR MINDS?
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: General Plotting

Postby Tentacles » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Connal Reid wrote:
For my own contribution, I've been thinking about the holidays. Specifically that one that rhymes with Smissmass.

I love this idea, but I dunno how many of RED will be looking to celebrate. Either way it'll lead to some delicious tears and more clashing.

I still wanna know if we can have a 'monster of the week' sort of thing; I mentioned in the Steam chat that HQ might be getting antsy with no real battles going on, so they could use this opportunity to do some, ah, 'weapons testing'. With Respawn definitely on, of course.

It would give the teams something to fight besides themselves. :lol:

Also we should start some kind of over reaching plot about the missing; perhaps once McCrazy Pants is done beating up the Pyros and the dog we can hold an emergency meeting...
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 pm

I agree on the idea of an Emergency Meeting, especially since RED still doesn't have a proper leader and stuff. Somebody needs to be turned to for advice/help and shit.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

So I was thinking of doing something for a Christmas thread, like a holiday dinner (probably BLU only) or something else out in the swamp to be a bit more inclusive.
But, unfortunately, I don't know if I'll get replies. Any ideas? I figure the more we post on the forum, the more we can encourage people to come back. It also sucks cuz I'm new and don't have anyone's contact info :/
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Bird wrote:So I was thinking of doing something for a Christmas thread, like a holiday dinner (probably BLU only) or something else out in the swamp to be a bit more inclusive.
But, unfortunately, I don't know if I'll get replies. Any ideas? I figure the more we post on the forum, the more we can encourage people to come back. It also sucks cuz I'm new and don't have anyone's contact info :/

The Freinding Meme is actually a good spot to get pretty much everyone's contacts, and the PMs here on site a pretty reliable for the more frequent visitors such as myself and Connal.

As for the dinner idea, I love doing events, and it may be just the thing we need to bring back more of the posse, especially since it'll be during a break and the folks who've been drowned by school work would have some time to spare.
Well, that's the hope anyway. ^^;
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:
Bird wrote:So I was thinking of doing something for a Christmas thread, like a holiday dinner (probably BLU only) or something else out in the swamp to be a bit more inclusive.

The Freinding Meme is actually a good spot to get pretty much everyone's contacts, and the PMs here on site a pretty reliable for the more frequent visitors such as myself and Connal.

As for the dinner idea, I love doing events, and it may be just the thing we need to bring back more of the posse, especially since it'll be during a break and the folks who've been drowned by school work would have some time to spare.

Well, I was thinking of making a Corkboard thread to garner interest, and then make the actual event thread on Christmas or Christmas eve.
The only reason I mention contact info is because you and everyone else probably knows everyone better, plus we're trying to get back as many people as possible, so it might take a mass email or something like that.

As for work/school, yeah, people should have more time now. I've actually been lurking this forum for quite some time, but couldn't join because of the end of the semester myself.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Bird wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:

Well, I was thinking of making a Corkboard thread to garner interest, and then make the actual event thread on Christmas or Christmas eve.
The only reason I mention contact info is because you and everyone else probably knows everyone better, plus we're trying to get back as many people as possible, so it might take a mass email or something like that.

As for work/school, yeah, people should have more time now. I've actually been lurking this forum for quite some time, but couldn't join because of the end of the semester myself.

I actually just sent out a mass e-mail to the currently MIA, also known as "People Who Haven't Been On The Site Since Fecking September".
It's something people should be getting in the next few hours as notification of their new status and the rough plans for the future.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Rough plans for the future definitely sounds like a good idea. If we can get the plot going, I think we'll have more people who will want to stay, and actually start working with the horror part of the storyline.
I'll make a corkboard thread tomorrow at some point, at least to give people a bit of time. Fingers crossed...
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Sent out relevant mass posts to each division currently on the site.
Everyone should be getting at least one e-mail.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

We could probably get away with having the same event for both teams, just split so one's RED only and one's BLU only. Although I'm sure there are certain characters would want to celebrate the spirit of Smissmass by extending a sort of olive branch (or even a few random gifts) to the other team.
Yes, I am thinking of Bosko. :3c Can ya tell I like that guy? lol
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Connal Reid wrote:We could probably get away with having the same event for both teams, just split so one's RED only and one's BLU only. Although I'm sure there are certain characters would want to celebrate the spirit of Smissmass by extending a sort of olive branch (or even a few random gifts) to the other team.
Yes, I am thinking of Bosko. :3c Can ya tell I like that guy? lol

I didn't think of that! An inter-team event would be a lot of fun. Any ideas?
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Sounds like a god idea to me!
Smissmas or Christmas? We could do both or neither, really depends.
It could just be a Winter Solstice party or something. X3c
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:Sounds like a god idea to me!

Well, whatever event you do choose, you might want to send emails specifically stating a holiday event.
It's kinda late in the game so I would assume just Christmas, keep things simple.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Smissmass and Christmas are really the same thing. I think the current joke in the TF2 universe is that Smissmass is like the more traditional Christmas, while they also have Australian Christmas with Old Nick as the evil Santa. But that's just my thoughts.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:34 am

Bird wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:Sounds like a god idea to me!

Well, whatever event you do choose, you might want to send emails specifically stating a holiday event.
It's kinda late in the game so I would assume just Christmas, keep things simple.

Good point...
We need to sort of solidify an event though, what's the plan?
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby HauntedParka » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:25 am

I have the perfect idea...gator wraslin'. I know, I know. Appropriate amirite? But in all seriousness, how about some sort of exploration of the swap?
HauntedParka

Postby Puffin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 pm

HauntedParka wrote:I have the perfect idea...gator wraslin'. I know, I know. Appropriate amirite? But in all seriousness, how about some sort of exploration of the swap?

Swamp exploration sounds like an AWESOME idea. What better way to find creepy shit than poking around in the water?
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Bird wrote:
HauntedParka wrote:I have the perfect idea...gator wraslin'. I know, I know. Appropriate amirite? But in all seriousness, how about some sort of exploration of the swap?

Swamp exploration sounds like an AWESOME idea. What better way to find creepy shit than poking around in the water?

Hahahahaa, both James and Gerhard can attend to that. >:3
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:
Bird wrote:

I know, but could you imagine how crazy things would get if EVERYONE started finding things like that?

Of course, if we went swamp exploration route (gets my vote), we'd probably need an admin or two telling people what they can and can't find, perhaps over PM?
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Bird wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:
Bird wrote:Swamp exploration sounds like an AWESOME idea. What better way to find creepy shit than poking around in the water?

I know, but could you imagine how crazy things would get if EVERYONE started finding things like that?

Of course, if we went swamp exploration route (gets my vote), we'd probably need an admin or two telling people what they can and can't find, perhaps over PM?

Good point. I'd have to get ahold of Tom and ask what's what and what we can do.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Chat