EVENT DISCUSSION AND CHAT

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Which Event would you most like to work with? (All will eventually be worked through)

Returning Rufus to RED Base
38%
Killing the Swamp Monster
38%
Opening the Warehouses
25%
Fixing the Dock
No votes
Other (Please Comment)
No votes

Total votes : 8

EVENT DISCUSSION AND CHAT

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

So, it's been brought to my attention that there are a couple pretty big/important plot related events that have yet to be resolved, chief among them being Rufus over at BLU base in Gerhard's care. There is also the matter of the ruined dock, the as yet unexplored warehouses, offing the swamp monster, and hopefully the return of the supply trains/boats.
What we need to discuss is which of these events is most in need of wrapping up, and in what order we should have them going, and if we can double some of them up.

Also, if anyone has any further ideas for events or plot-related fun shite, please don't hesitate to add them here for discussion.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Re: EVENT DISCUSSION AND CHAT

Postby Puffin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:50 pm

my personal vote goes to rufus, mostly because that's one of the simpler things and can probably be resolved the fastest.
Plus I think we need to kill the monster before we can even think about fixing the dock.

Other event idea: fixing respawn. We do have two engineers now.
Another event idea: team physicals. It's been a while since the last round, plus we have an almost entirely new crew of people. Maybe even make it a joint team effort if we're feeling adventurous.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Henry Adams » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:42 pm

On a side note: MY PLAN. IT IS WORKING. *insert evil laugh*

Soon, through general politeness and the companies being douche-bags, the red and blu teams of Swamp Rat will be one united force! It shall be termed Swamp-Rat Corporation, and our primary income will be mercenaries for hire, lawsuits, and technology >>
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm

-Warehouse Event-
Teammembers open either or both of the warehouses in search of possible supplies, discovering a quantity of base materials (wood, metal, tools, etc) as well as a set of heavy metal doors set into the floor, locked up with a rusted length of chain and a heavy duty padlock. Upon breaking into the doors, discover a large deposit of radioactive material, only partially contained, and a number of 'bodies' that turn out to be dead teammates that were not properly resurrected due to radioactive interferance and left to die in the lead lined vaults.
Some of the chips left in the bodies were able to draw energy from the improperly contained radioactive material, resulting in localized attempts at ressurection as per the Respawn chip protocols. Those closest to the energy source were able to become tangible physical forms, but the radiation degraded the chips and damaged the data they stored, causing the resurrected to be not fully alive or cognizent (zombies). Those further from the energy source did not become as degraded, and were unable to gain a physical form, instead capable of a visual projection of their apperance (ghosts). Upon opening the rad-vaults, the ghosts rush out to try and run off those who opened the caults to prevent them coming to harm at the hands of the zombies. Both ghosts and zombies are radioactive, zombies more than ghosts.
Zombies, being degraded, cannot be salvaged, but the chips of the ghosts may be retrieved from the vaults and put back into the Respawn system to ressurrect those who had died.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Dimitri K. » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 pm

On a side note.
Spoiler: Dimi's among the stuff inside the warehouse.

(aack am i doing it rite)
Dimitri K.

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Dimitri K. wrote:On a side note.
Spoiler: Dimi's among the stuff inside the warehouse.

(aack am i doing it rite)

Yup, yer doin' it right. :3
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cucinotta » Sun May 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Events, events, always fun things. Perhaps I can shake my old, rusted noggin and see if anything good falls out.
Tom Cucinotta

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun May 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Tom Cucinotta wrote:Events, events, always fun things. Perhaps I can shake my old, rusted noggin and see if anything good falls out.

Awesome!
Always looking for new things to do and play with, the more ideas we get, the better!
Oh! Also, check out the Glitch Listing. That shit is going to be FUN to use in game. We already tested it out with Josif, he got a gnarly scar.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Soulknight » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Okay, now that I'm new to this site, and ready to get this show on the road, can someone be as so kind as to direct me to where the latest action is taking place???
Soulknight
Maggot

Postby Puffin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Soulknight wrote:Okay, now that I'm new to this site, and ready to get this show on the road, can someone be as so kind as to direct me to where the latest action is taking place???

You actually haven't had your application accepted yet. I'll take a look at it and possibly discuss it with the other admins, but you'll need to wait a bit first.

Regardless, if you do get accepted, you need to create an intro thread on the docks. It is required for every new character. The last event we had is just ended, and due to the timeline you couldn't participate anyway because your character would have arrived afterward.

I suggest you read some of the latest threads to get an idea of typical posting formats and general conduct. Please make sure you read the rules, the time system is explained there as well as the other things you need to know. If you have any questions, please contact either myself or Gerhard.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Puffin wrote:
Soulknight wrote:Okay, now that I'm new to this site, and ready to get this show on the road, can someone be as so kind as to direct me to where the latest action is taking place???

You actually haven't had your application accepted yet. I'll take a look at it and possibly discuss it with the other admins, but you'll need to wait a bit first.

Regardless, if you do get accepted, you need to create an intro thread on the docks. It is required for every new character. The last event we had is just ended, and due to the timeline you couldn't participate anyway because your character would have arrived afterward.

I suggest you read some of the latest threads to get an idea of typical posting formats and general conduct. Please make sure you read the rules, the time system is explained there as well as the other things you need to know. If you have any questions, please contact either myself or Gerhard.

This reminds me that we need to update the Rules section. I think.
Does the Rules section have all the bits about time slots and general rp format? I forget.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Return to The Docks