Buried Treasure [EVENT]

The big plot points that create pivotal developments all (eventually) wind up here, whether they like it or not.

Re: Buried Treasure [EVENT]

Postby Tentacles » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 pm

The salamander offered little resistance to the doctor's order; without stitches he'd probably bleed out, and he really didn't want to visit Respawn again. Or worse, Rufus. Shakily he got to his feet, prepared to follow the BLUs.

James couldn't help but notice 12's wariness. Not that he could blame the poor bird. He snorted, wiping away a trickle of blood from his nose with the back of his hand. "Don't worry Feathers, I'm too fucking beat to break your ribs today." he finished that statement with a dry chuckle.
User avatar
Tentacles
Colonel
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Buried Treasure [EVENT]

Postby Puffin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Under normal circumstances, Madison would've protested and insisted on walking under her own power, but these were hardly normal circumstances. Still, she couldn't help but feel a bit frustrated and embarassed. She was supposed to be the Heavy, she was supposed to be the strongest and the one with the most physical stamina, and here she was, hardly able to stand. With Gerhard's help, she stood up, but as she did so, a sharp pain coursed through her side. She wanted to cry out, but her hoarse vocal cords only allowed for a barely audible squeak. What was that? It felt internal. She hadn't broken any ribs, had she? It was entirely possible that it had happened while she was underwater, but she really didn't remember. The monster had also left some cuts along her side and lower back when it had grabbed her by the belt with its spiked appendage, but those wounds were largely superficial, and she barely noticed them.

She was determined to save some of her dignity though, and walked along, albeit slowly, trying to lean on Gerhard as little as possible. She had wanted to say 'Play nice,' when she saw 12 accompany James, but she figured at this point it went beyond saying. The Medic was focused and determined to do his job, and if she couldn't break up a fight, no doubt he would. It gave her a bit of confidence to continue forward, and that she wouldn't be taking a trip through respawn tonight after all.
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Buried Treasure [EVENT]

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Quick as he'd been to wipe off the toxin, Gerhard was still just a little bit woozy, his vision blurring a moment before he blinked and shook his head. He would get that dealt with later, right now he patients in need of care.
The Medic muttered soft condolences at hearing the Heavy's pained little squeak, loosening his grip a little from her lower chest to more waist level. He could feel that, something had been knocked amiss by that brute of an animal...

It was relatively simple getting all the survivors on land from the island, scuttling over to the opposite side of the slowly sinking corpse and wading across along a shallow part that only came up to mid-chest on the doctor. He braced himself firmly on the bottom, making himself a solid support for the others to use as a waypoint/stepping stone so they could get across safely, as he allowed 12 to climb on him so the bird didn't have to get wet again.
He was just a little wobbly by the time he climbed up the opposite side, weaving slightly, but he went back to supporting Madison and trying to get everyone to safety without complaint.
"Kommen Sie, just a little fuzher..."
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Previous

Return to Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron