Not Your Bartender [Talbot] [open to others]

A little space before the main entrance that looks out over the Battlefield and the swamps beyond. A nice spot to sit and chat when there's nothing on the television.

Not Your Bartender [Talbot] [open to others]

Postby Puffin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Another evening, another cloned bottle of liquor. Niklas was thankful for Henry's magic microwave, as it made the threat of running out of alcohol practically nonexistent. And with his uncannily high alcohol tolerance and his tendency to drink with friends, that was a blessing.

But there was no one else around at this particular moment, though Niklas didn't particularly mind. He wasn't expecting to get particularly sloshed tonight anyway, and instead decided he would enjoy the mild Louisiana winter and the fresh air. He was even keeping it civilized, as he bothered to get a few shot glasses instead of drinking it straight out of the bottle. Well, as civilized you could get when you were sitting around on the front porch in your boxers drinking straight tequila.

He took a sip. He hadn't had much experience with this sort of alcohol, though he knew it had quite a reputation. But he decided he liked it. He stretched, extending his legs in front of him and reaching upwards with his arm. Well, that certainly wasn't going to stop him. He was going to sit and enjoy this, and if people showed up or not, it was their problem, not his.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Not Your Bartender [Talbot] [open to others]

Postby 12 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:03 pm

The second thing to come out onto the porch wasn't human by any means--instead, it was a particularly large alligator, settling himself down at the edge of the stairs with a huff. Talbot appeared almost immediately afterwards, not even managing a visible reaction to the Medic's very obvious lack of clothing. That wasn't anything he was going to be touching with a ten foot pole, and he deemed it far better to simply ignore it in favor of paying more attention to the booze instead. The Soldier far preferred alcohol to practically-naked Swedish doctors, and now was not the time to be philosophizing about whether or not the tequila sitting so close by would make this whole mess better or worse.

Talbot gave Niklas a nod by means of hello, settling down in a chair at a safe distance from his teammate and fidgeting a little to get comfortable. If this was winter out here, then clearly, whoever was in charge of the general temperature had no idea what they were doing--it was a bit warm for him, and it was only through discipline that he kept his uniform intact. While he didn't really intend to stay too long, he didn't see any reason why a little bit of one-sided socialization would do anything wrong. He'd still have to do his patrols here in a few, but stopping for a moment seemed like an alright idea to him.
Lieutenant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLQCA2h8kA

Postby Puffin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Niklas visibly perked up at the sound of someone approaching, turning around to smile at the newcomer. He wasn't expecting an alligator, however. He froze, visibly nervous at the large reptile's approach. Even when it sat itself down a ways away, he didn't take his eyes off of it for a few moments.

Well, stranger things had happened, he supposed. It looked like by the way it was acting it was the late arrival's pet. In fact, said owner was unfamiliar to him in the first place. It was the taciturn soldier with the mismatched eyes, the one who had barely spoken to anyone, let alone to Niklas.

Well, never too late to start. When he was sure the gator wasn't going to take off any extremities, he returned the nod with the belated smile. "Evening. Care for a drink?" Scantily dressed though he was, his own personal rules for politeness required him to ask.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby 12 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Oh, good. Questions that he didn't have to answer vocally. The Soldier nodded again, the briefest flicker of a smirk showing at Niklas's reaction to Phil. The gator in question didn't really care, far too focused on getting comfortable while he could. He hoped that his fellow RED wasn't going to be expecting a lot of conversation--it was likely that somebody had at least said that he wasn't exactly talkative, but if not, the Swede was just going to have to figure it out the hard way. He didn't even bother asking where the tequila had even come from in the first place; knowing this base and its odd sense of ingenuity when it came to some honestly ridiculous things, it was probably distilled from something that somebody had found dead in the swamp somewhere. Either that, or there had been some technological fuckery going on, and that was another thing that Talbot wasn't going to pry into. He was a Soldier, not an Engineer. That was not his department, and he wasn't going to try invading it. Besides, there were plenty of things in life that probably shouldn't be answered, and he chalked the mystery tequila up as one of them.

He leaned forward in his chair, lightly tugging at his collar as he settled in again. What was Niklas even expecting from this? Tequila did a little more to him than he honestly liked, but even then, that wasn't saying much. Perhaps he just wanted to have a friendly drink with a teammate. Odd, really--at least from Talbot's perspective. He didn't know the doctor, and sitting on the front porch drinking possibly contaminated booze with a scantily-clad man just seemed...sketchy.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, that got a response. A nonverbal one, but a response nonetheless. He didn't think the soldier much of a conversationalist, which was a little disappointing as far as possible people to show up. Long silences made Niklas rather uncomfortable, especially if it was just him and one other person. Hopefully the booze would loosen him up a little.

What was this guy's name, anyway? He felt like it was on the tip of his tongue, but he almost never saw the soldier, and when he did he never spoke. It was something unusual, if he remembered correctly. Well, maybe the whole not talking thing would be a blessing until he remembered.

He pulled out another one of the shot glasses and put his own beside it, filling both with a generous amount. He didn't know the guy, after all, so he might as well be hospitable. The tug at the collar did not escape his notice, however. "It's from Henry's stash. You know, the engineer with the metal leg." They had probably met at the debacle that was the killing of the monster, or at least seen each other. "It should be fine. If not, I'll have words with him." More than words, probably.

He screwed the cap back on the bottle, handing one glass to his companion. He took his own and titled it in Talbot's direction, giving him a small nod. "Skål," he said before knocking the shot back in one fell motion.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

A familiarly redheaded pyromaniac was the next man to reach the front porch, except he arrived from the outside rather than the inside. His usual mohawk was down, having all fallen to his left, and was surrounded by a dusting of peach-fuzz as the rest of his hair stubbornly tried to regrow. All the Michigander was wearing was a pair of jeans that were torn off at the knees, and a white undershirt that was soaked through with sweat. At first glance, it appeared he was at least wearing shoes, but if one took a closer look, they would see that his feet were just caked in mud. In his right hand was the handle to his axe, the blade of which dragged on the ground behind him.

"Oh, hi guys," Connal greeted, not having expected to see anyone. He didn't even seem to react that one of his teammates was damn near naked. "Out for some sun and booze?" he asked, climbing the couple steps up, mindful not to trod on Phil. He had stepped on the grown 'gator's tail once, and never again made the same mistake.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby 12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 pm

[TIME TO NECRO ALL THE THREADS]

Henry, huh? Well, he couldn't say he had anything against the man. Not that he really knew much about him, but that wasn't the point, here. All things considered, BLUs weren't exactly that bad, and Talbot didn't have a lot of problems accepting the drink once offered. The Soldier cocked an eyebrow at the foreign word, slightly curious as to where both that and the Medic's accent had come from. Connal earned a shrug, and he downed the shot with only a slight grimace before clearing his throat. Phil didn't seem particularly bothered by the Pyro's approach, simply wiggling a little to get more of her bulk onto the stairs with as little effort as possible. All things considered, it worked surprisingly well.

"For a little while, anyway." He sounded a bit rougher than usual, he noted with a frown. Oh well. "Where've you been?" That was likely the most he'd spoken in recent memory. Perhaps he should actually get out more instead of just locking himself up somewhere--and perhaps that was a stupid idea. He wasn't precisely sure of that just yet.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:13 pm

The silence was starting to get irritating at this point. The guy didn't even make a toast! But, luckily, the ever talkative and loud pyro showed up.

"Hallå, Connal! Drinking, yes, sun, not so much. It is going down, you see, and my Scandinavian complexion doesn't allow for me to spend to much time in it, unless I want my skin to match my team color." Niklas took out another shot glass and filled it, holding it out towards the rather large pyro expectantly.

He was genuinely surprised when the soldier spoke. It was one of those voices that fit its owner perfectly, quiet and slightly rough. But maybe the presence of someone he was more familiar with would bring out some more words? He took the liberty of refilling his own shot and Talbot's shot while still holding out Connal's. "But I do know for a fact it's much more fun to drink with friends. Right?" Meanwhile, he silently racked his brain in a vain attempt to remember the soldier's name. What was his name? Niklas wasn't even sure he would tell him if he asked.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Connal gave a chuckle at the sunburn joke. "That happened to me, once. Family took a trip down t' Cedar Point, an' I got it in my head that I didn't need sunblock. By the time we got home, my face was damn near the same shade as my hair." He accepted the glass from Nick, and decided to just sit down on the floor of the porch between the two of them.

"Where I've...? Oh, nowhere, really. Just cut down a tree," he explained, holding up the axe for emphasis. "Took a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would. It ain't nothin' like what you see on TV." And by that, he meant cartoons. Because what else would he watch? Connal went ahead and downed his shot, the thought of a toast not even crossing his mind. He grimaced and gave his head a shake, then asked, "What about you guys? What you been up to?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby 12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Scandinavia, huh? That answered one of his questions rather cleanly. He stared down at the rapidly refilled shot glass with some trepidation, eying the Medic with a somewhat suspicious look soon after. If he wanted to share some alcohol, so be it, then. It certainly didn't seem like an exclusive thing, especially after he offered another glass to Connal as well. Speaking of which, the Pyro had cut down a tree, had he? That was an unusual activity, but alright, if that's what he wanted to busy himself with. It wasn't like there was a lot of other things to do here at the moment, all things considered.

"Mm. Patrols and the like." And that was more than enough of an explanation. Still with his second shot in hand, Talbot leaned forward a bit, lightly scratching inbetween some of the ridges on Phil's back. "Why a tree?" He figured he might as well chance the question. Besides, it was a better thing to ponder over than the origins of the drink in his hand.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Niklas couldn't help but give Talbot a sideways smirk when he eyed the refilled shot glass with a degree of trepidation. Looked like he was the strong, silent, and unnecessarily cautious type. Well, enough booze in him would hopefully change that and get him to open up. Niklas just hoped the soldier was a fun drunk, not like one of those sad drunks that would just sit in a corner and cry into their drink or one of those angry drunks who would just start getting belligerent and punching things.

"What have I been doing?" Niklas leaned back in his chair, stretching his long legs out in front of him. Boring official shit. Paperwork, inventory, basically keeping the infirmary in good condition. There's a reason it's the cleanest room in the base. And ever since that lizard made some phone calls we've been getting our regular supplies, so that's no longer an issue. I was even able to make a couple of phone calls back home, managed to get my ex and my kids on the line. They thought I was dead from the communication breakdown."

Things were genuinely looking up at Swamp Rat, for once. But the tree thing had him puzzled as well. "Are you trying to build something?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Connal cocked his head a bit at Talbot's answer. Patrols? What would he be patrolling for? It wasn't like the two teams were fighting, and they didn't have monster problems anymore... He decided to chalk it up to just something to do.

"Lizard? Oh, wait, you mean Jasper? Yeah, he's cool once ya get to know him, despite bein' convinced everyone wants ta kill 'im." Which Nick did not help with, he remembered, what with him fighting him off with his sword and all. Connal still didn't really know what had happened between them. Then, perhaps a little delayed, he asked, "...You got kids?"

But they both seemed to want to know why he cut down a tree. "I'm not... no, huh? I just..." He wasn't really sure how to explain it. "Well, I have this axe, an' all..." He couldn't cut down people with it, since there wasn't any fighting, so what else was he supposed to do? Chop down the base? That seemed like a worse idea than burning half the contents of the library. "I dunno, I just felt like it."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Return to Front Porch