The Hell Do We Do Now (ALL REDS, ATTENDANCE REQUIRED)

The communal, cafeteria-style dining area, with 7 tables and enough chairs to seat everyone in the whole base. It's connected to the Kitchen, and contains the stairwell that leads upstairs into the Common Room.

The Hell Do We Do Now (ALL REDS, ATTENDANCE REQUIRED)

Postby Tentacles » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm

The slippery Pyro was alone in the mess, and as he gazed about at the huge dining quarters, it only made him more nervous. This base was clearly made to hold more...many, many many more...team members then it had. The empty chairs and tables were just a hideous reminder of how ridiculously UNINHABITED this place was.

He had abandoned the mask. Fuck anyone's delicate sensibilities, and the nutcase and the other firebug didn't seem to have a problem with it. Plus...he grinned to himself at the memory...it seemed to make Rufus uncomfortable.

Of course he was keeping the goddamn hazard suit on. Less for his own comfort and more the safety of his teammates, it wouldn't do getting toxin everywhere, much less the dining hall, and getting everyone sick...

Groaning, the Pyro leaned back in his chair, slumping petulantly. Fuck did anyone even see the note besides Sargent Screwball? please leave all weapons at the door, he specified. Except for me, he thought. He idly fingered the flare gun tucked in his suit. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to use it.

James spied a roach skittering past, and mercilessly stomped it underfoot. Glancing around to make sure no-one was watching, he quickly scooped it up, crunching it down. Waste not, want not.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: The Hell Do We Do Now (ALL REDS)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

{This is a post assuming that Connal is either very close by or soon to follow, will edit if needed}

A team meeting.
Not something the chimera had ever been privy to in his past, mostly due to the fact that there hadn't been much of a team left after the last time he'd been on one, but that wasn't what was making him nervous.
The fact that a team meeting meant all of the current team members together in one room, and that Josif was one of those team members...
It stood to reason that Jericho was on edge.
He refused to be more than his own body length from Connal's side, hissing warnings to anyone or anything that happened to pass by a little too close for his taste, and he had abandoned his kennel for the time being, curling up at the Pyro's feet when it was time to sleep and glaring at everyone until he was sure everybody on base was tucked in before settling in to doze himself. He hadn't properly slept since the Incident, and it was starting to show.

Jericho poked his head in through the dining room door, already growling softly, his ears pinned down and his nostrils flared as he checked out the area. Only one present so far, and not a threat. Good.
He shouldered the door open and held it there, sitting down right in the doorway. No one was going to be getting past him without a sniff check and approval from Connal.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Re: The Hell Do We Do Now (ALL REDS)

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 pm

The meeting was a good idea. It would get everyone together, get more comfortable with one another, and eventually, get along. At least, that's what Connal hoped. Ever since the fight in the swamp, Jericho had been acting like no one on the team was trustworthy anymore. He had tried getting the chimera to calm down, even changing rooms so they didn't share one with Josif, but nothing seemed to help. It was getting to the point where he was second guessing the ideas he had, since the ones he had been having either didn't help or just made things worse.

He frowned at Jericho's growls. "C'mon, behave. It's a team meeting. Team means they're on our side," he lightly chastised. For familiarity's sake, he took a seat next to the hybrid Pyro, giving a small wave before he sat. "It's kinda funny... Last time we had a team meeting, I was late, but still one of the first to show up..."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: The Hell Do We Do Now (ALL REDS, ATTENDANCE REQUIRED)

Postby Tentacles » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm

(I'll try not to 'tea-party', but I suppose a little chitchat before the rest of the cavalry gets here can't hurt.)

"Can't even be sure of that anymore..." he muttered to himself as he watched Connal scold the chimera. A little vigilance would probably be a GOOD thing.

"The 'last time'?" the hybrid mused, resting his head in his hands as the other Pyro took a seat. "There were enough members here for that?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Jericho's ears drooped at his Master's disapproval, and he did stop growling, but he was still obviously tense, shifting to have his back to the door for protection's sake with the added bonus of being able to keep an eye on both the hall and Connal at the same time.
Now was not the time to be taking chances, especially now that the protection of team faction had been compromised.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 pm

"Yeah," Connal replied with a nod. "Lesse, there was... Riley, an' Yuri, an' Tom... Kettu, Anton, Gene... Um... Will, yeah, pretty sure Will was around for that." It really was like he was part of an entirely different team, now. He hadn't seen any of those guys in months. The most recent was Anton, and that had been at the Halloween party. Granted not being able to speak would probably make one pretty antisocial, and he was a Spy, but it was still strange going so long without seeing any of them. The redhead sighed, resting an elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. Funny how, back then, things seemed like they would only get better. Apparently not when you didn't let homicidal mercenaries actually fight.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 am

Josif was quite bothered.

It wasn't the insane streak- he'd solved that quickly. Even if he had threatened his own team, he was hoping his apologies and explanations might be enough. What was worrying him was that it wasn't enough. Even after telling Connal just what had made him jump the shark this time, Josif wasn't sure the Pyro had acknowledged that, even after being so relieved to see the lot of them alive. Josif was losing own teammates fast, and would be outcast by them soon if he couldn't tell them otherwise.

This, naturally, was very stressful to the Soldier. The real Josif was an entirely different person than the one who had killed two of his own team, but nobody outside Connal seemed to believe that. It worried Josif enough that he almost considered not even coming to the meeting, just to be out of their hair.

But that would be giving up. The Soldier wasn't ready to do that yet.

So he trod up with an expressionless nature to the cafeteria door, wearing a casual white T-shirt and camo pants. Josif didn't even wear his trademark helmet; just a spare set of boots were the only "official" thing. Josif just stood at the door for a long moment, looking around at the teammates he had killed and been killed by. If the majority had their way, Josif would never see these men again.

"Alright... If you guys want me gone, best say so now."
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 am

Jericho started hissing the moment he saw the Soldier coming down the hall, and by the time Josif made it to the door, he was on his feet, his hackles raised and his ears folded back flat to either side of his head, snarling like a rabid dog.
He would not attack, not yet, not unless he was told to, but he was making it known that he did not like or trust his fellow Soldier, as well as drawing attention to the new arrival.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:10 am

The salamander's boney jaws clacked together. So the bastard had the balls...and the nerve...to show his face after all. He involuntarily patted his suit where the flare gun lay hidden, as if to make certain it was still there.

"No. Sit. Wait with us. Meeting's not even really started. You said you would be late." the slippery Pyro stated flatly, membranes flicking across his eyes. "You are still on this team, officially. For the moment. I suppose."

He drummed his gloved fingers on the table, huffing.
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:38 am

James wasn't happy so see Josif here at all. It didn't take the near-absent sarcasm, nor the cleverly hidden flare gun for Josif to know that. The Soldier just knew. Knew that he wasn't wanted here.

"Funny how that works. I said a lot of things, and out of that you only believed that I would be late. You really don't know who I am, do you?"

Without waiting for an answer, he added, "I suppose that's why I'm here; to tell you what I am. Even if you refuse to admit it, Josif X. Arcson is not the psycho madman who killed you." With that, Josif strode into the room with an air of determination about him. He was going to talk to sense into these men if they killed him trying.

And even if it did, he would have a second chance. Taking it, though, was a whole other matter.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby HauntedParka » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:40 am

" Sorry for bein' late." Miguel muttered, slipping into the mess relatively quietly. He remained by the entrance with his, his hands stuffed into his pockets. He didn't particularly feel the need to draw attention to himself, considering his relative inexperience with the goings-on in the base.
HauntedParka

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Jericho's attention flickered from the Soldier to the new arrival, his nostrils flaring as his growl deepened.
He smelled no metal or gunpowder on the Scout, so he huffed and took a moment to glance down the hall for more attendees before going back to glowering at Josif. He remembered all too clearly the awful pain of have his jaw wrenched apart, and the infantryman had done that with his bare hands...

{Please note that this is basically what he's doing to everyone, so I won't be posting this sort of thing multiple times)
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Josif's attention flicked to the Scout walking into the room. Mags didn't seem too intent on making a show of himself (which seemed pretty well-behaved, for a Scout), but that may have been for a number of reasons Josif couldn't assume. One possible thing was that he had heard of Josif's madness and was possibly frightened, but again, it was best not to assume. Give the kid the benefit of the doubt, should he be thinking that way.

"Hey. No one besides us here yet, so you're on time. Make yourself comfortable," Josif greeted Miguel. The Scout was actually the kind of kid Josif had grown a bit fond of. Even with the untimely entrance, Mags had been a pretty cooperative and handy Scout, being a nice roommate to chat with. Of course, Josif hadn't spoken a word to the kid since the new Incident. The Soldier had kept mostly to himself anyways, but even more so now that he was a prime hate target for some of the team. Hopefully he'd clear that up to everyone.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Rufus was in the middle of an injection when he heard the announcement. He groans out. "Dum eet..." He mutters through a leather belt in his teeth. The belt was tighten on an arm as he self injects a steroid and a pain killer for his tail. Once the drug was administered, Rufus placed fresh bandages on his tail before covering it with the blanket and proceeded from Medbay to the "meeting room."

Once Rufus manage to get into the dining room doors, his eyes slowly gazed across the room and gazes down the group of REDs. He clears his throat, feeling slightly better with the pain killer running through his veins. Slowly he wheels over, sticking to a end of the table away from everyone else. "So..." He speaks flatly. "Vho's in trouble and vhom do I need to bale out vith various medical equipment?" He asked with a frown. Never has there been a team meeting, so he had assume he was summoned for someone being an idiot or there was an accident. "Just a forevarning, I don't have a straight jacket but I can easily construct one." He ends, smirking.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:13 am

Aimé normally didn't prefer meetings but lately from what he had been overhearing it was important and he even decided to be on time rather then fashionably late as he normally liked. He didn't bother wearing his mask as he hurried down the hallway, he had left his weapons behind as requested but he despite being quite capable with his hands he didn't like the idea of being weaponless. But it was more likely the fact that there had been a need among those in his own team to make sure weapons didn't make it into the meeting. He just hoped that because he was still rather new that he wasn't completely lost in the conversation.

Stepping into the room he paused just long enough to light a cigarette and looked around, he hadn't yet met everyone yet but at least since every member was required to attend he'd most likely get his chance all at once. "I'm 'ere" he said "I 'ope I'm not late" he said.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Tentacles » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:01 am

The salamander scratched the back of his neck, glancing around at the gathered team. He half-expected no-one to show up, and he hadn't realized so many of the team were actually still on the base. There was strength in numbers, surely. Or just more probability someone else would snap.

"Hopefully that won't be required, doctor." he cleared his throat, turning to the mad Medic. "Don't get all excited just yet." Prick. Probably was looking forward to poking somebody if he had half a chance. At least they'd have a willing accomplice if things got messy again.

His glance flicked to the incoming Spy, his membranes pulling down across his eyes in anticipation of the coming irritation. The bastard was smoking, goddamn it. Hopefully he'd sit far enough away. "Not really. We're still waiting to see who's going to show up." he folded his hands together, elbows up on the table.

"Is this everyone? Connal, you said there was another Spy...?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:14 pm

{I checked the Active Members, there are 14 total REDs still counted as active. I think we're likely to get a LOT of late arrivals.}

The chimera snorted at the smell of smoke, shaking his head, but that and cologne were the only real strong scents he was getting from the Spy, so he let the man past with only a warning growl.
He continued to linger by the door, but it was obvious he was getting rather antsy, glancing towards Connal and then down the hall as he shifted his weight around. There were others in the base, he was sure of it, but where...?
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:04 pm

The Soldier looked passively at the incoming Spy, and then shifted his attention to James. Despite his encounter with Josif, he still seemed to be acting orderly; moreso than usual, actually. It might've been that Josif's mad snap could be seen as a sort of alarm to keep everyone in check, but that didn't apply to everyone, likely. Regardless, James was maintaining his structure well. Maybe he'd understand Josif's plight yet.

But then came the problem on how to tell everyone else just what had happened. There was a chance someone could jump the gun and accuse Josif of insanity, and a guaranteed thought that Josif was someone to be treated with much caution (which was only slightly true, now). So conveying the event would be tricky.

"James, Connal, can I talk to you two for a moment?" Josif said quietly and calmly. They would have to discuss just how the rest of the team heard this.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby HauntedParka » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:39 am

“Wait, wait wait wait. I know I'm not, y' know, up there with the rest of you guys as far as experience here, but this is bull. shit.” Miguel held is palms up, in an attempt to cut off the Soldier. He refused to believe that he’d hauled himself down to the dining room, out of his own way, just so that he could sit back and listen to some old hags argue.
“There’s a meetin’ goin’ on, yeah?” He paused, stepping fully into the vast dining room. His amber eyes narrowed in mild irritation as he glanced between the Pyro, and Soldier. He’d yet to meet the Medic. “If it’s a meetin’, then talk it out here. I ain’t with this ‘clique’ shit you got goin’- no offence by the way. Go on, meet away.”
HauntedParka

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Connal remained quite as the room started to fill, although he did give a small wave to Aimé for familiarity's sake. Seeing someone in a wheelchair was surprising, perhaps more so than finding out the other Pyro had sort of a frog-like face, but he decided not to say anything about it. Especially after that kind of introduction. "Yeah, there's Anton still, I think. An' maybe another, I hard about him but I never met 'im," he answered. He didn't even try to tell off Jericho for growling; at this point, he didn't even think the chimera would listen. If he did, it would probably only be for a minute or two. When Josif asked about talking to him and James for a quick moment, he was fairly certain what it was about. However, he was thrown off by a member of RED he had not yet met.

Experience? Cliques? The redhead raised an eyebrow, his head tilting slightly to the left. What was this guy even talking about? "I thought I was the least experienced, here," he blurted out, without thinking. With Swamp Rat as his first base, he had yet to participate in a single battle.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Next

Return to Dining Room