Builders League United, Now Hiring.

BLU - Madison Beaulieu, Heavy

Postby Puffin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

Active Threads:
Error [12, Adrian, Henry, Gerhard] respawn is WEIRD
The Day the Monster Died [EVENT] it'll probably be fine ヽ(。_°)ノ

Ended Threads:
Back to Your Roots, Intro thread
Visiting Hours, Gerhard, In which a medic is nearly crushed by a bookcase, and then almost dies from paper cuts
Not Quite a Phoenix, Two hybrids fight. Hilarity does not ensue!
Gone Fishing it just kinda died ;_;
Buried Treasure [EVENT], X marks the spo---- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
Team-Tracking Orientation [12, Henry, Gerhard] Henry still has his Christmas lights up in January, also plot
Ressurection [Enrico, Henry, Gerhard] You mad, Enrico?
Dig, Dig, Dig [Henry] Digging and FEELINGS
Memories [Enrico, Henry, Gerhard] Attics and MORE FEELINGS
Damage Assessment [Henry, 12, Gerhard] After the destruction of the docks, we haven't got a leg to stand on
Hanging on By a Thread [Rufus, Enrico, Gerhard, Henry, 12] Oh my god Henry you're not a scout you can't just hit people over the head with hunks of metal
Sumpfgebiet! [Hans Intro] Germans are weak against books, WHO KNEW?
Are You Sure? [Henry] what a serious thread who even does that
Cracking the Vault [Event] HELP THE GHOST OF ELVIS IS HARASSING ME
HALLELUJAH [Henry, Gerhard] hey guys we aren't going to die, HUGS FOR EVERYONE
A Stranger in a Strange Land [Lan Feng Intro] HEY HOW'S IT GOING YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED

Name: Madison Anne Beaulieu (will answer to either "Madison" or "Maddy")
Date of Birth: May 3, 19XX
Favorite Color: BLU
Class: Heavy

Nationality: American (Louisiana native)
Ethnicity: White, Cajun
Languages: English, Cajun French

Appearance:
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 6'
Weight: 250 lbs

Tall and broad-framed, Madison's unusual strength is evident in her body type. Her limbs are lean and muscular, with a strong torso concealed by a few layers of fat, giving her a bit of a chubby appearance. Her face has a rounder shape as well, with a smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose and large pale blue eyes that give her a bit of a thousand-yard stare (something not helped by the fact that she does zone out frequently). Her long hair is a darker shade of red, and its style will change with her mood, though if she has work to do she will tie it up tight and away from her face. She is almost never seen without her hat despite the hot Louisiana weather.

Personality:
Most people, when asked to describe Madison, will say something along the lines of "a bit eccentric". This is a gross understatement. She is a total cloud-cuckoolander. Madison generally moves slowly, caught up within her own thoughts. Her mind is constantly moving, and she will often make a series of associations, but neglect to mention this and say something completely unrelated to the conversation at hand. When not saying off-color remarks, she's usually daydreaming. She can be a bit scatterbrained at times and has a hard time staying focused most of the time. She's generally slow to anger, but like most people, she does have a breaking point, and once it's reached, bad things will happen.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Stengths:
Intelligent: Though she spaces out a lot and speaks simply, Madison is not stupid at all. She's a fast learner, has an excellent memory, and can often think outside the box.
Easygoing: She doesn't get angry easily, and lets most small things roll off her back. And once you get past her eccentricities, she's a nice person.
Flexible: If curveballs come her way, she can usually adapt to handle them. She has very few problems making changes to suit a new situation.

Weaknesses:
Socially Awkward: Not in the sense that she has trouble talking, but a bit in the sense that she talks too much. She often misses the more subtle cues of conversation, and often says things that wind up being very strange or even offensive (though she rarely means it). Has also been known to go on and on when talking about subjects she likes.
Short Attention Span: Gets distracted VERY easily, and is constantly zoning out, sometimes in the middle of conversation. Most things tend to bore her quickly.
Unpredictable: Remember how I mentioned she has a breaking point? Well, you won't know you've hit it until the very last second. Her normally mellow demeanor will suddenly tense up and become livid, and you only have a couple of seconds to apologize before you have a fist in your face. And once she gets started, it's very difficult to get her to stop.

History:
Madison comes from a poor family, born in the Louisiana Bayou, not too far from where Swamp Rat is situated. They never had much, her father managing to scrape together a living for her, her fraternal twin sister, and her mother. Life was often difficult, but they managed, using one another as a support system.

At age 10, Madison and her family left the Swamp for New Orleans, where her father took up work as a dock worker. The pay was a bit better, but now Madison had to deal with her new classmates and peers. She had been subject to some mild teasing due to her large size, but a new kid in a new city full of people she didn't know, it grew exponentially worse. She only lashed out at her tormentors a handful of times, but when she did, everyone would stay away from her for a few months.

Her father's health began to deteriorate when she (barely) graduated high school. Years of hard work and long hours had begun to take their toll. Madison and her sister Alice took up work without a second thought, both at the docks where he worked: Alice took up a secretarial position for one of the managers, and Madison took over her father's position.

Life continued on for several years afterwards. She didn't fare much better on the docks than she did in school, but when she knocked someone out on the docks, she didn't get sent to the principal's office, but to the police. She was arrested twice for assault and served brief sentences for each, but had proved herself a valuable worker, and returned after both times. The men began to leave her alone, and even became her friends.

However, there was always one who continued to antagonize her; her ex-boyfriend, George, who never quite got over their breakup. He called her every name in the book, and a few names that didn't seem to be in the book. And for months, she let it roll off her back. That is, until he called her sister a whore and her father a lazy, good for nothing sonofabitch.

Well, long story short, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. She had flown into such a rage that it took three other men to restrain her, and by the time they did the damage had been done. George died a few hours later from head trauma, and Madison found herself back in jail again, this time for much longer than she had anticipated.

It was in prison that she was approached by a recruiter for Builder's League United. With just a simple signature, she would not only find her way out of jail, but with a salary that could support both herself and her family. Though suspicious of the company's intentions, she was left with little choice. After a six-month training program, she found herself back in the bayou, this time with an entirely new career.

Loadout:
Primary: Luc, a modified minigun. It is a smaller version of the standard version, but is lighter. The drawback is that it can only hold 75% of the ammo a regular minigun can.
Secondary: Shotgun
Melee: Eviction Notice
Hat: Tough Guy's Toque

First Person Sample:
In truth, I really don't remember killing George. All I remember was him saying what he said, and then me lunging for him... and then suddenly Sammy and Jim and Tom were all holding my arms and pulling me up off him. It was about then I realized that my hands and shirt were splattered with his blood, and that my throat hurt something terrible from screaming. George was looking even worse for wear, sprawled out on the ground like that. His face looked like a fruit. And not a fruit good for eating, mind you, because I like fruit. It looked like a fruit that someone like me had been punching repeatedly (which was what had been happening). It looked like some sort of face tomato, except that tomatoes are red and smooth, while his head was red and purple and pink and crunched. I heard someone yelling to call an ambulance, but I knew at that moment that it wasn't going to make a real difference.

Third Person Sample
Madison sat down cross-legged on the ground, her back against the wall. The assignment letter was long, full of unnecessary formalities and stupid legal bullshit. She didn't need such flowery language from her employer. In New Orleans there were barely any letters at all, mostly just people who said things like "hey you, do that". And frankly, that had suited her just fine, there wasn't much need for "Dear Sir or Madam" this or "We at Builder's League United..." that. And she had had quite enough of stupid legal bullshit already, thank you very much, so there was no need for more. But still, she was going home. To her original home, her swamp home (or close to it anyway). Had the bayou changed at all since she left? Probably not, since bayous were generally pretty static things, usually. She couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic over the whole ordeal. "Swamp, sweet swamp," she said, smiling.

Trivia:
-Her first language is Cajun French. She has a thick accent while speaking both languages and can be hard to understand.
-Loves reading. A good book is one of the few things that can hold her attention for a long time (sometimes it's hard to get her attention once's she's started reading)
-Is a very heavy sleeper, and snores loudly.
Last edited by Puffin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: BLU - Madison Beaulieu, Heavy

Postby The Announcer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 pm

You’ve been accepted to BLU, space case.

While it's very tempting to state a sentence that causes you to zone out while you think about it, I'm sure you're doing it already, with this sentence.

Remember, your team’s activities can be accessed here.
You are required to make a introductory thread in the Docks, even if you don’t get any replies. This is an important process, and should have been done the same day you were accepted. If it was not, correct this heinous error immediately.

Please remember the rules, and that you are allowed to update your application with information on your character; we have specifically designed the app for this purpose. After beginning your dock thread, tag as you like.

Remember: We at BLU do not support friendships with the enemy. These will be found and destroyed.

The reason our recruiters approached you was not for friendships. I suggest remembering: the enemy team thinks your sister is a prostitute by choice, and your father a slacking, lazy, abusive man.

Enjoy your time on BLU!
The Announcer
Site Admin

Return to BLU Team