Dr. Sauvageau - BLU Medic

Builders League United, Now Hiring.

Dr. Sauvageau - BLU Medic

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:38 am

...and when the patient wakes up, his frontal lobe is missing!...anyway that's how I lost my medical license.

EDIT: I may be in over my head with this one; everything I know about neurosurgery I learned from this http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/494/L ... Brain.html

Name: Dr. Yvette Sauvageau
Date of Birth: April 4th, 19XX
Team:BLU
Class:Medic

Nationality:American because I am boring
Ethnicity:French-American
Languages:English (despite the ridiculously French name, attempting to engage in francois will result in a flat 'wat')

Appearance: Well, she doesn't care about it much. A literal ragged mop of brown hair that is rapidly turning grey and very sharp features. Green eyes and coke bottle glasses. She often wears the uniform, not out of conforming to the company's rules, but just simply because its easier.

She was relatively tall before she lost her legs, and the prosthetics only add to her height. (5' 9"). She has a slender unimpressive frame.

Personality: A cold, calculating bitch doctor. Typically working towards her own agenda but will work well with others. Most people find her difficult to approach; most of her conversations will be ridiculously utilitarian unless you're a friend or you're talking about something that gets her interest. Bringing up past failures, however, will get a notable rise out of her. A great way to get your brain displaced from its comfy home would be to taunt her for being such a bad doctor (the RED Spy often found this out the hard way). Has a soft spot for animals and an interest in hybrids.

Sexuality: I don't even. Probably heterosexual. Hasn't bothered much with relationships past the professional or platonic level, and won't even pick up on cues. A particular incident that comes to mind is a Heavy who thought she was trying to get into his pants - turned out she was just trying to get into his skull.

Strengths:
Technological Prowness: Being a neurosurgeon doesn't just mean being good with flesh, but a myraid assortment of mechanical tools and equipment. Won't be able to fix complex equpiment or invent new things, but won't be utterly baffled by Engineers
Detatchment: Not much can faze her. Will remain calm and composed, even if her guts are strewn about.
Dedication: Will stay on task until its completion, and if you manage to get on her good side, you'll have a Medic buddy for life.

Weaknesses:
Fatal single-mindedness: Once she starts something, its difficult to concentrate on anything else, regardless of the consequences. May continue to work on the same menial task if guts are strewn about.
Skewed priorities: See above. In some ways this was a strength back on her old bases, but could be a weakness if you're too busy healing up your Heavy to realize your guts are indeed, strewn about.
Social Idiot: Has trouble with people. May be either too cold and curt, or just the opposite - asking personal questions about one's condition or history (maybe even breaking out a reflex hammer while she does it). Hybrids: expect to be harrased.
Crippled: Regardless of amazing bouncing metal legs, she has...well, no legs below the knee. Being her age has limited her ability to heal entirely from that traumatic injury even with BLU's amazing technology, so she can only wear the legs for limited bouts of time. Doesn't have a complex about it, but might not switch to a wheelchair until her stumps are blistered.

History:

Sauvageau's parents used to joke that their serious minded little girl was either going to be a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon. Or, after her first experience taking a scalpel to a bit of road kill for an impromptu dissection session, a serial killer. well technically two out of three isn't bad. Excelling academically with a trail of honors behind her, Sauvageau was a shoe in for higher education. She found med-school only mildly trying, approaching the challenge as she would anything else: a puzzle to be solved and endured, nothing more and nothing less. Her cool detatchment helped her through it all, but left her bedside manner something to be desired.

In short, she was a terrible physican. The work bored her - an endless stream of 'mild cases', physical exams and vaccinations. Routine. Ordinary. Worse, uninteresting.

Fuck that then. Back into the lion's den. Surgery. They made the mad money, they didn't have to work with people, and hopefully...hopefully...the cases would be more interesting. Or at the least she wouldn't have to deal with the patient until they were under the knife. Unforunately, one of her collegues mistook her general coldness for being level headed and suggested neurosurgery. This was the first step in the wrong direction.

So the long, laborious training to delve into the human brain with a knife began. It was more complex then expected - an errant move in the wrong direction, too much oxygen or too little, and a patient could be disabled for life. But someone with the right state of mind and the right tools could work miracles. It seemed a perfect match.

Until her first delve into the surgery itself during her residency training.

It seemed like a simple enough proceedure that even a beginner like Sauvageau could handle. Some poor sap had a beignin tumor wedged in his head. Remove it. Or specifically, aspirate it out, while leaving the surrounding tissue uneffected. And it was simple enough (well, I suppose for a brain surgeron). But she just couldn't stop. All of it had to go. Every cell of that tumor. Every last molecule. (remember that fatal single-mindedness?). She was so concentrated on the task at hand, when one of her collegues finally cut suction to the aspiratior, their hapless patient had...a sizeable amount of his brain missing.

Then came a whirlwind of court dates and lawsuits. Malpractice suits. Suing left and right. And finally, the confiscation of her medical liscence. And a mountian of fees that would make even the most experienced lawyer blush. Sauvageau would never work in a hospital ever again, and she was black listed so hard the courts made sure she couldn't even hand out bandaids. This. This was awful.

One day while trying to figure out the most painless way to quietly commit suicide, the good doctor recieved a letter from BLU, and the rest is history. She found the men brutal, the battles bloody, and the motives of the company questionable, but at the very least, this was indeed a very interesting job. Her coolness and what her team precieved as a lack of fear made her well recieved, but this was not to last.

Here, the history file cuts out. There's a good deal of text blocked out, and in one area a block of typed text has been pasted on the page

...2fort respawn failure caused by [REDACTED]. Sauvageau was able to prevent the deaths of her team mates but lost her legs in the resulting explosion. The reaction seemed to be mild annoyance. Despite being given a set of running legs by her Engineer, Dr - the text cuts out again, and has been pasted over
IT IS IN THE INTERESTS OF THE COMPANY AND DR. Y. SAUVAGEAU TO REMOVE HER FROM MEDIC DUTY. DR. SAUVAGEAU IS NO LONGER FIT FOR 2FORT IN CURRENT STATE. RE-ASSIGNING TO RESEARCH DEPT.

Boring. Bearable work, but boring. At least things got switched up often. She didn't work in a research lab as horrific as the one Gerhard did, but it was also questionable. She performed autopsies on failed hybrids and victims of respawn failure, studied the fried brains of other victims, and once or twice looked after a small flock of hermit crabs that she swore were actively trying to escape. Sauvageau also worked on [REDACTED], [REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED] during a small stint at [REDACTED]. Who ever is editing this file has just given up and has destroyed the last page of the file.

Loadout:
Primary: Syringe gun
Secondary: Medigun - why mess with a classic?
Melee: Vitasaw

First Person Sample:

DAY 46 OF Coenobita clypeatus STUDY

I ENTERED THE LAB TODAY AND SOMEONE HAD DESTROYED THE MAZE I BUILT TO TEST THE SUBJECTS

AGAIN

PROBABLY NOT THE INTERN AS HAVE ALREADY THREATENED WITH INFORMAL LOBOTOMY

KNOW I AM NOT GOING CRAZY

HOWEVER THE SUBJECTS THEMESELVES REMAIN THE CLEAREST SUSPECTS

FURTHER RESEARCH NEEDED
Last edited by Tentacles on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Dr. Sauvageau - BLU Medic (WIP WTF)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Gender refers to mental orientation, Sex refers to the biological state.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:02 am

I'm gonna finish this shit tonight for approval, but is there enough to go on here?
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Puffin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 am

You forgot her appearance.

I like it otherwise, though
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 am

wow didn't i say i was going to finish this monday night um

i'm not going to intro this lady until after the Kill the Monster event
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Tentacles » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

THERE I FIXED IT
Tentacles
Colonel

Re: Dr. Sauvageau - BLU Medic

Postby Tentacles » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I can has approval?
Tentacles
Colonel

Re: Dr. Sauvageau - BLU Medic

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Tentacles wrote:I can has approval?

Ah, geeze, sorry about that, dealing with spam-bots.
Yes, approved. :)
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Return to BLU Team