Kleinkuchen

The kitchen and dining area's dividing line is a layer of once-white tile, now covered in grime. Here is the less than perfect kitchen, full of canned goods, counters, and the team bulletin board.

Kleinkuchen

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Cupcakes. He was craving cupcakes. Moist, delicious, red velvet little confectionaries. It had been almost three weeks since he last baked anything, and oooh Fritzle's sweet tooth was killing him! He skipped along towards the kitchen, stopping to look around the corner (because it'd be sooo embarrassing if somebody caught him skipping) before continuing along into what would be his new bakery. He smiled, and looked down at the cupcake tin he was hugging to his chest. He didn't bring much with him, to the swamp, but what he did bring he considered important to him. Most people wouldn't think of a cupcake tin as valuble, but Bartolomaüs was born to be a baker, and didn't know what materials he'd have at this new place. He set the tin down on the counter before looking for another cupcake tin. "Good zhing I brought one.." he remarked, after finding none. With that task done, he headed for the pantry next. He opened the doors and looked about, bent over slightly as the pantry was small, and started humming while eyeing his selection of ingredients.
Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel

Re: Kleinkuchen

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

These bases weren't so easily to maneuver around in; hallways upon hallways, upper floors and lower floors, what seemed like hundreds of rooms, and only a complicated map acting as the one-eyed Russian sniper's guide through this madness. He wasn't so good at reading maps, or Hell, anything really, and perhaps that was why everything seemed like a maze rather than simple directions. Since he had arrived at the base, he thought it best, however, to garner a grip on his surroundings before battle commenced, lest he lose the battle for them by not being able to find a way out of his own base.

So far, trying to get to the few places he saw on the map, he had no success getting to where he needed to be. However, despite this confusing mess, he did manage to find the kitchen, though he had his stomach to thank for that one.

As he walked inside, eye wandering to and fro behind aviator glasses, he almost ran into what looked like someone's backside. Bosko cocked a brow at seeing the BLU and gave a soft shrug before kneeling down next to him, and poking his head inside next to the other's, his cheek pressed against the medic's.

"Vhat ees you doings?
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 pm

There was the sound of many pantry items crashing to the floor, as well as a loud and squeaky, "Eep!" Fritz had jumped, startled, and proceeded to fall forward on his hands and knees. He started scrambling to turn around and face the source of his scare, hand clutching his heart, eyes wide and scared.

"O-oh! G-G-Gott, you scared zhe bejeebuz out of me..." he breathed a sigh of relief. It was just another man, dressed in blue. He still wasn't too sure of this whole.. RED vs BLU thing, but he had learned so far that blue = good, and red = bad.

"Uhm... I vas just looking for some zhings, I vas going to make cupcakes" he glances to the tin still resting on the counter where he left it. "Red velvet. Do you like cupcakes?" he looked up curiously at the man. It was weird, talking to someone when you had no idea where they were looking. He wished this stranger would take his sunglasses off.

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

All through that spectacle, Bosko remained nearly undeterred, giving a soft laugh at the other exclamation and blushing a bit at the realization of having scared the poor BLU. "I ees having many apologies, leetle Doktor! I Ams sorry eef I..."

Wait, did he say cupcakes?

"Um.. Da, I ees likings... Very much!" Bosko replied with a small smile, walking up to the counter to exam the cupcake pan. He proceeded to look to Fritz and give a grimace at hearing the type the man would be making. "Red Velvet?! Vhy voulds you be puttings clothes in cupcakes? Ees not very good, leetle doktor."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

A small grin appeared on Fritzle's face, upon hearing his comrade's enjoyment of his own favourite pastery. He wasn't sure if Gerhard or Vincens would eat them, but there was now at least one confirmed person who would enjoy his baking madness.

"Red velvet? Oh nein nein nein, it's not a fabric," he tried explaining, "it's a flavour, like.. Chocolate, oder vanilla, oder strawberry. It tastes sehr gut! I promise you." This was somewhat surprising to Fritz, as he had not yet met a person who didn't know what red velvet was. This man sure was in for a shock though, as Fritz made the best red velvet cupcakes around.

Realizing he was still sprawled on the floor, he felt a little embarrassment and started lifting himself up, using the shelves for leverage.

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am

A soft, "Oh!" escaped the Russian at that, and when he saw the other trying to pick himself up, he was quick to help. He grabbed Fritz's hands and lifted him off the ground with ease before settling him back down, making sure the other would be able to stay upright. "There! Ees better!" He claimed with a firm nod and a smile.

"So... Ees very delicious non fabric cake in cup?" Bosko almost felt his heart flutter for a moment. He loved food, especially sweets, and at the chance to try something new, he became extremely excited. "And you Ams making them? Oh! Cans I to be helping?! I am... Ah, not so good vith reading, but I can be reachings high places!"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 am

There was a soft gasp of surprise as Fritz was lifted up off the ground. He wasn't expecting the help, but he was thankful for it. Dusting off his coat, he muttered a soft "Danke" to the large Russian.

"Ja, it is. Und zhat vould be nice, I could alvays use anozher hand." He hadn't know this man for five minutes and he was already offering help. "Vhat is your name, by zhe vay?" It'd be nice to match a name to a face.

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:56 pm

At the question, the Russian smiled broadly before proudly puffing out his chest and giving the medic a firm salute. "I am Bosko Vallenski!"

He then bent down a bit, pointing at his aviators before taking them off, revealing his empty eye socket to the other man. "I am sniper! For yous troop!" He then looked the medic over, smile widening as he put his aviators back on. "You ees so leetle and cute! Vhat ees your name, leetle Doktor?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Well the salute sure was.. Different. It caused a small confused smile to crawl upon Fritzle's face. And.. Oh? His vision was restricted to one eye as well? Hm. Fritz's smile softened. "Nice to meet you, Bosko." It wasn't the best thing to have in common, but it was something.

Being called "leetle and cute" caused a roaring pinkness to appear on Fritzle's cheeks. He rubbed the back of his neck and grinned nervously. "Eheh... Mein name ist Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel. C-call me Fritz, bitte." He took off his spectacles and pointed to his pale green eye. "I can only use one eye too!"

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

At the sight, the Russian gasped loudly before leaning down to inspect the eye further. He had never met anyone, let alone a medic, have impaired vision like him. He didn't feel so embarrassed about showing his eye to the other any longer.

"Ees just like me! But I like vay yous eyes look better!" He chuckled. The large sniper proceeded to lean over and kiss the small medic on each cheek with a smile before pulling away and giving him a firm handshake. "I know Ve vill become very good friends, Leetle Fritz! Very nice! ...Oh! and be making leetle cakes in cups! Thees I know."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Fritzle froze just the tiniest bit at being kissed, as well as growing a bit redder. He was familiar with this type of greeting. But being kissed period was just a blush magnet for him. No, wait, it didn't even have to go as far as kissing. The fact that the other's face was not even a foot away was enough to turn him into a small beet. "Z-Zhank you" he meekly replied to the compliment.

The strong handshake somewhat shook him out of his frozen state, and his cheeks started to return back to normal. "Ah, yes! Zhe cupcakes!" he remembered. "Uhm.. Zhere vas some red food colouring up in one of zhe high cabinets, as vell as some baking powder und vanilla extract. Could you get zhem for me?" Fritzle pointed to a cabinet across from the pantry. Being "leetle" had some downsides when tall places were involved.

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

"Of course!" With a firm nod and a broad smile, Bosko walked over to the pantry the medic was gesturing towards and was quick to open it and retrieve the materials. Only... He didn't exactly know what food coloring, baking powder, or vanilla extract looked like, and his understanding of the English language was barely passible. 

A few minutes passed with the Russian just staring into the contents of the cupboard, a single eye darting to and fro in a fit of panic.

"Here!" He knew he had to pick quickly, and as he returned his attention to the medic, he placed the ingredients on the table: only they weren't the right ingredients. The food coloring was correct, but in place of baking powder he brought salt, and rather than vanilla extract he brought mayonnaise. "Now ve starts baking, da?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 pm

By the time Bosko brought his three ingredients, Fritzle had gotten everything else out that he needed. He turned around to his new friend when he came back and smiled at him. Before looking down at his ingredients and giggling. "Heheh" He reached and took the food colouring off the table. "Uhm, zhese aren't exactly zhe right ingredients I vas looking for." There was an obvious language barrier here, and Fritz struggled to think of the few Russian phrases he knew. Which wasn't much, but at least they mostly had to do with baking. Thank gosh for his Russian roommate in college, who also had an interst in the pastry arts. "Err..... в-выпечка порошок? Und uh...." He started drumming his fingers on the table, trying to think of an equivalent for vanilla extract. "ваниль" He knew not extract, but hopefully he would be able to tell what he meant with just vanilla. "Sorry if I sound a bit veird, I haven't used zhose vords in quite a vhile."

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 am

At hearing the smaller man try to speak in his native tongue, the Russian couldn't help but laugh and pat the German on the back.

"You do very vell! Ees very good try, But I know enough English speakings to understands you very Vell enough." He then picked up the tub of mayonnaise, showing it to the other. "I just do not know Vhat eet looks like... Reading ees very difficult, still ees thing I ams practicing vith, so ees maybe vhy I get wrong thing."

With a soft blush, he placed the tub back on the table and went back to the cupboard, and after a few more minutes of shuffling through the cupboards, he brought out the correct ingredients and set them in front of the medic. "I think I ees correct this time... Eet smells like Vhat you ask."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Ah, yes, those were the right ones. "Zhank you Bosko, you did wunderbar. Now, could you get me a bowl as vell? A big one?" He motioned with his hands to show about how big he needed. "Und after zhat, I could show you vhat goes in zhem so you can make zhem yourself too." He grinned up at Bosko and patted him on the shoulder. "It's not zhat hard, really. But if you ever vant, just find me und I'll teach you again." Fritzle never broke his baking promises.

While Bosko searched for a bowl, Fritzle looked around in the silverware drawer, looking for tablespoons and teaspoons, cups and half cups. He had brought along his own set too, but that would require another trip to his room. And it would be rude to just leave Bosko here by himself. Though he found everything but the teaspoons, he thought it would be alright. It wasn't the first time, and he had become good at measuring teaspoons using a tablespoon. After that, he made his way back to the counter of ingredients and unwrapped the butter so that it would soften.

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Bosko smiled at the kind words and the even nicer offer, and he gave the little medic a soft nod of the head before going to go and do as the other requested. He managed to get the correct bowl without any problems, and as he came back to the table, he watched the other set to work.

"You ees beings very nice doktor, even vhen you ees baker instead of doktor!" He laughed, setting the bowl on the table. "You vould make very good nurse...." Bosko lifted up his aviators to get a better look at the ingredients and the supplies, picking a cup up and looking at it with a cocked brow. "You vere not beings baker before you ees doktor, vere you?" Bosko couldn't help but think Fritzle had made cookies shaped like syringes and cupcakes with the medic insignia iced on the top if such a thing were true, and he couldn't help but chuckle softly at the thought.
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:31 am

After blushing a bit at the nurse comment, Fritz started telling Bosko a bit more about himself. "Ah, vell I started baking at a young age." He walked over towards the oven. "Really young. I vould bake mit mein mozher often." He turned it to a toasty 350°F and went back to the counter where Bosko was. "Und I sort of guess I vas a baker before a doctor. I mean, I was never really a baker as a job, I did it mostly for friends und family.." Fritzle started measuring a bit of the dry ingredients and adding them to the bowl. He found a smaller bowl for the eggs he had to crack. "Occasionally I vould accept money for a nice birzhday cake, but zhat vasn't very often."

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Bosko gasped, leaning on the countertop, resting his chin on the palms of his hands. "Wow... Ees very interesting! But why you did not be makings career? Did you not be likings to bake as much as healing?" He asked with a cocked brow, idly watching the younger man begin to mix the ingredients.
Bosko Vallenski

Return to Kitchen