Love sick. ((For Gerhard))

Where the medical staff of the base tends to roam. There is an Office hidden in the very back past the Laboratory, where a small number of tanks sit and bubble quietly.

Love sick. ((For Gerhard))

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:43 am

For days, weeks even, Bosko had been bolted up in his room, secluded from the world, flowing in and out of consciousness. The battles hadn't started yet, so he didn't find a plausible reason to bother coming out, and there wasn't really anyone  to lounge around with anyways. Fritz was one of his favorite mercenaries, but he no longer knew where he was or why he disappeared without letting the Russian know . Aime was a nice friend, but being RED made it difficult to talk with. There were also some more... personal affairs, ones that rocked him to his core and had caused him to lock himself away;  alienated from his team out of sheer depression.

However, he had gotten a note from the head medic to meet the German in his office, and although he didn't particularly feel up to it, he knew better than to ignore it. So, with a heavy sigh, there he stood before the medic's door; a dark circles around his single eye, skin pale and hair a mess as he weakly nodded on the door.
Bosko Vallenski

Re: Love sick. ((For Gerhard))

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 pm

He almost didn't hear it, the knock was so faint, but genetically enhanced senses have their benefits at times, so it didn't take long for Gerhard to trundle up to answer the door.
"Hello? Ist zhere-?"
The Medic broke off, his vaguely curious expression lurching to one of utter astonishment upon realizing who it was at his door. And how awful the man looked.
"Bosko?! Ist zhat- Come in, come in, ve'll talk, ja?"
It was obvious the hybrid doctor was bad?ly shaken by his friend and teammate looking so poorly. Sure, he hadn't seen the Russian around much lately, but he'd never-
Gott, had he been sleeping at all? Or eating?
The poor Sniper looked like death warmed over!
Gerhard was quick to usher Bosko into a chair, quickly pulling one up for himself.
"Was happened to you, mein freund?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm

The Russian sat down with a heavy sigh, uncaring of the reaction he received from his fellow mercenary as he looked down at his hands. He scratched at his stubbled chin lightly before looking up to the German hybrid, eye red rimmed from crying.

"I...." He bit his lip, looking back down to the floor. "...Things have been.. Difficults for me. Love... Friends..." He wrung his hands quietly and he tried to find the right words. "...Nothing is right... I am troubled in mind."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 am

Gerhard didn't bother to hide his concern, uncaring of his RED patient sleeping in the far corner as he scooted his chair closer and pulled one of the Sniper's broad hands into his own, worry creasing his features as he kept his voice soft.
"It's alright, Bosko, you can tell me. You can alvays tell me, no matter vhat, okay? Ve'll work it out, und make it besser."
Well, at least he'd try to. There was only so much he could do with things that weren't medically related...
"Schtart at zhe beginning, ja? Ve'll see vhat ve can do."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 pm

With a whimpering breathe, Bosko began.

"I... I have been on base for long time... since last year..." He rubbed the back of his neck, then, eye focused to the ground. "I have met many... Riley, leetle kitty medic Fritz, you..." He had a particular favoring of the shy medic, though he didn't take care to point it out. "... Everyvun is gone..." He looked away, wringing his hands as he spoke. "...And... lovers... I use to have lovers..."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:05 pm

The Medic nodded, rubbed his thumbs across the back of the Sniper's hands in hopefully soothing circles.
"Ve have lost many... But ve made a few new freunds too, ja?"
Madison, Henry, Enrico... 12 had come back, and there were quite a few friendlies on RED...
He swallowed, a tad nervous at the mention of lovers. Despite his age, Gerhard had never really had much luck in relationships beyond friendship. Things always came up, school work, mismatched schedules, transportation issues- He'd never had a girlfriend for longer than a few weeks before something happened that had them parting ways, typically as friends, except for that one... But that wasn't the focus now, he needed to focus on Bosko.
"Do you know vhat happened to zhem? Your loved vones?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:41 am

A soft shake of the head.

"I did not get... any new friends." He admitted softly, biting his lip as a saddened eye gazed at the floor again. "...Old friends did not even tell me... Good bye... They just lefts..." He felt himself begin to tear up a bit, but he quickly bit his lip harder to cause him to focus on the physical pain rather than the mental. What had Gerhard said?

Right... Love...

"I have... Lovers... Had lovers..." He looked back to Gergard, frown deepening as he continued. "...Three I can remember... Who I still speak to. Roza... Sniper vith only vun eye.. She vas... Mean. She make me hers... Is like I had no choice. She Vould keep havings sexes vith me... Alvays vith sex. Is like I vas used for toy." Bosko was becoming easier to understand; speech impediments gone and his voice deep. "She only talk to me for marriage or sex... I could not have close friends or she Vould murder... Vas not fun..."

"Then there ees Cassidy... He... Vas lonely." He shook his head lightly. "He likes sex too; he alvays cling to me for comfort... I did not feel deep connection... I vas there just to comfort him. But I cannot remember having anything in common.."

"Bryce..." He knitted his brows. "Bryce vas first of them all... He vas so nice to me... He cared for me, I thought.. He loved me..." He felt tears burn at his eye, but he fought the urge to cry. "....He leave me... For many months... He said he Vould be back... I sends to him mail.... He never reply for veeks... But... He come back then... I send him mail vhen I am hearing of... But... Ees like he is bothered. He ees not showing excitement... Joy... Anything to hear from me. Every letter I gets back... Ees like I am not talking to anyone at all..." He rubbed his neck, body hunched over. " Ees like... He doesn't care about me anymore... So.. I tells him I leaves him alone... Like he ees busy..." He looked back to Gerhard. "He never speak to me since..."

He rubbed at his eye, then, trying to keep himself under control. "Doktor... I am so alone..." He met his gaze, then, grey eye baring anguish, sadness, and emptiness. "Bosko is so alone..."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 pm

{weeeeehhhh!!! ;n;}

"Bosko..."
Why hadn't he said anything before? Why hadn't the Sniper looked for help, someone to talk to? What had he kept this all so quiet?
Didn't he knew there was always someone here to listen?
Gerhard felt his insides clench, aching from the sadness and neglect his teammate had suffered, and he was actually quite amazed by the fact he managed to keep a dry eye as he reached up to gently brush a few strands of blond hair from the Russian's face.
"You're not alone, mein freund. I'm right here."
And he would do everything he could to keep it that way.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am

"Nyet... You will leave Bosko too. Suddenly go without warning." The Russian stared at Gerhard, and again that lack of speech problems arose once more. "You will go just as everyone else has...."

He averted his gaze to the ground, finding something in the tiles to be much more interesting than the medic's face. "...Noone Bosko knows anymore shows true, sincere love or caring... It is terrible feeling, much like ripping heart from chest. Bosko cannot handle again."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:19 am

The Medic felt like someone had just punched him in the gut, aching and nauseous with his head feeling light from shock.
But what made it worse?
The fact that he couldn't say he would never leave. No one knew how or where everyone had gone missing, not even those rare few that had come back. He'd couldn't promise to be able to resist whatever it was that had stolen so many from their ranks, left them fighting to simply survive in the face of dwindling supplies and a monster that wanted them all dead.
He couldn't say the words the Sniper so desperately needed to here.
They wouldn't be true.

Forcing himself to take a breath, struggling to calm his frazzled nerves, Gerhard moved to stand, the one hand gripping the Russian's gripping tighter as the other fell from the man's face to his shoulder. He swallowed, struggling to find something, anything he could say to try and make it better, to make it so Bosko wouldn't have to hurt like this anymore, and found his vision blurring when he realized there was absolutely nothing he could say.
So he didn't say anything, simply used that hand on the Sniper's shoulder to pull close, fighting to offer some kind of comfort.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Bosko just let the other pull him close, not reacting in the least except with a little grunt. "I told you." He mumbled before pulling away and locking eyes with the hybrid.

"I have been in BLU for many, many years; there is no assurance of security. Time does not make anything anymore bearable, at least not to Bosko." He continued before rubbing at his single eye. "Bosko has lost much. He cannot handle anymore."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Gerhard was... Reluctant to be pushed away, but he realized, in the end, that the gesture was no more comforting that his words had been, so he let himself be put back at a distance, fighting the urge to grab on and hold tight until all the Russian's pain had gone away. It almost physically hurt to look the man in the eye, seeing for the first time really just how old the Sniper was, in fullest sense of the word.
He listened in silence, feeling the weight of those words as Bosko spoke his peace, and he was quiet for a long moment.
"...Ist zhere anyzhing you vould like me to do? Somezhing... Somezhing to help?"
It wasn't in him to leave someone he cared about in such pain, but in all honesty, he didn't know if there was anything in his power for him to do to relieve that psychological agony.
He didn't condone drug use, never was much of a drinker and hated smoking, but if Bosko needed something... He would give it, trying, in some small way, to help.
Heck, pull a few strings, and he'd put everything he had into finding out where those people had gone, the lovers that had vanished and gone their way.
He had to help.
Somehow.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm

"You told us to meet you here; that you would help us." He got out of his seat, then, shaking his head. "You have done nothing but confirm every awful belief Bosko had. Ve Vill not take part in recreational activities with team anymore, I don't find reason too."

He began to walk to the door, emotionless. "Vhen you leave for new base from Swamp, vhenever that may be, make sure to tell all your friends good bye at least."
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm

The Medic stiffened, then frowned, brow furrowing as he grabbed the Russian by the arm, forcing him to turn.
"Now you listen here, Bosko. I am your doctor, und zhat means I can help vizh some zhings. But you have to vant to be helped, you have to vork vish mich, or ve are fighting eachozzer!"
Gerhard shifted, lifting himself up on his tentacles to stand eye to eye with the taller man.
"You came to mich, und I have listened, und offered aid, und you are refusing zhat aid. Zhat I couldt accept, but now you are blaming mich for your lack of acceptance! Zhat I cannot accept!"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 am

The Russian just stared down at the medic; a single grey eye looking over the little German before letting a large frown grace his features.

"Vhat aid vill you give me, then?" He asked. "How vill you help me?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:07 am

((Oh hey, just coming in here to change the scene a bit :3. Operation: Kiwi stud muffin is a go! ))

And just before the Medic could get a word out...

The door to the infirmary was met with a hard knock three times before opening. Without much regard to what was going on inside, in walks Enrico looking a tad distressed. Holding his left arm, one could see a long gash, blood seeping under his right hand. His gaze meets Gerhard first. "Eh, sorry for walkin' in but I kinda took a hard fall out in the swamp and cut mahself setting up some traps but uh... Just wonderin' if ya can give me a patch up?" He asked before glancing at the other Sniper just two inches shorter than him. His eyebrows raised before blinking and cleared his throat.
"Didn't know we had... another Snipes 'ere... Ger ya never told me..." He adds before shifting weight on one foot. His left knee, though covered by his pants legging, had been bruised some. Probably didn't also help he still only wore his sniper vest and bare shaven chest with the Sniper emblem bandanna wrapped around one arm.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Gerhard stiffened at the knock, glancing towards the door with a fiercely unhappy look, but before he could even open his mouth, BLU's other Sniper came stumbling in.
If the man hadn't been visibly bleeding, the TentaMedic would have chased him out and maybe whopped him over the head for good measure. First, the whole incident with Rufus, now barging in without so much as a 'Hey, Doc?'. Absolutely frustrating!
Instead, the doctor huffed and moved to go grab one of the first aid kits, a tentacle looping around Bosko's ankle as if to say 'Stay, please' while the Medic busied himself with the New Zealander.
"Enrico, Bosko. Bosko, Enrico. Now, was zhe heck did you do to yourself?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm

As soon as the BLU marksman walked into the room, the Russian's mind shut off completely and he quickly reverted back to his old self. The blonde blinked in confusion as he looked around the room, trying to regain his thought process before resting his gaze on Enrico.

Heat crept to his face in a fit of embarrassment at feeling Gerhard's tentacle and he looked away with a frown, running a hand through his hair. "Hallo Enrico." He murmured, pulling up a seat as he gave the sniper a glance. He was hoping no one would come in to see him in such a distraught state, and now he was just hoping the other would just get himself fixed and leave.
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 pm

The Kiwi took a moment to realize he was starring at this Sniper, Bosko, a tad too long. Clearing his throat, he returned to Gerhard's side as he leans up against a table. "I was settin' up some traps near a creek fer gators and whatnot so we'd have some sort of meat supply at least. Went to tie the ropes off in a tree and I guess the branch I was standin' on was dead and snapped.. I crashed down an embankment and somehow managed to slice mahself on mah own knife. Thankfully it wasn't the Shiv otherwise I'd be bleeding way more than this." He explained. "Ain't serious, just needs a patch up and I'll be fine."

As he waits for Gerhard to fix his arm, Enrico glances back at Bosko again. His blue eyes follow up and down that man slowly before taking a breath to speak. "How'd you get that scar ova yer eye?" He asked, gesturing with his other hand. His voice sounded very concern and was for real. "Get into a nasty fight with a Spah once?"
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 pm

For probably the first time since his arrival at this godforsaken swamp base of death, Gerhard actually looked visibly irritated, his normal neutral expression marred by a furrowed brow and a frown that kept fighting to grow deeper as he tended to the New Zealander, his motions brisk and professional as he cleaned the injury and opened a suture kit, a roll of sterile gauze set at his elbow.
"I do believe zhat zhere ist a ladder in Henry's vorkshop, be sure to grab it on your vay out to prevent furzher injuries like zhis, ja?"
A moment to rub topical anesthetic over the gash, and the doctor quickly set to stitching the wound closed. It only took three stitches, the wound wasn't that big, and it was quickly cleaned and wrapped in gauze.
"Anyzhing else you vish to bozzer mich vizh?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Next

Return to Infirmary