An unpleasent encounter (for Niklas, IT'S OPEN NOW)

The place full of old, dusty books from the 1950s. The shelves tend to twist into alcoves you can't see from the entrance. There's a board with the words 'KEEP QUIET' painted on, too, though the paint's peeling.

An unpleasent encounter (for Niklas, IT'S OPEN NOW)

Postby Tentacles » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

(BEEN AWAY FOR SO LONG, BUT I REALIZED THIS NEEDED TO HAPPEN SO BADLY.
AND ITS HAPPENING)

The former Spy was a little confused as to why the base's library was only half filled, large swaths of books missing from the shelves. No sense in complaining though. Most bases didn't even bother with books at all.

Jasper had settled into his reclusive role on the base, coming and going as he pleased, testing the boundaries that respawn had limited him to. He kept a fairly low profile to avoid conflict, but he was getting sloppy.

Like right now.

The hybrid was stretched out on the library's singular couch, languidly lounging on it like a tiger, tail hanging off the edge. He was absorbed in some piece of pulp trash, one of the few fiction books left.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

dis gon b gud

Postby Puffin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 pm

((TENTY I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK ME SO LONG TO TAG
I SAW IT, BUT THE LAST WEEK OF CLASSES WAS A NIGHTMARE
THINGS SHOULD BE BETTER NOW))

His time without eyesight, while soul-crushingly dull and frustratingly long, had come with its own advantages, one of which was the ability to navigate the base without really looking. However that, combined with the fact that he still hadn't gotten used to wearing his glasses all the time meant that Niklas had been frequently taking them off and forgetting to put them back on again before leaving.

Today was one of these such instances. The doctor had searched around the entire lower floor with no results, but nearly smacked himself in the forehead when he remembered that he had spent most of the morning in the library. It made sense, after all. His vision had been growing worse over the years, but his nearsightedness had still allowed him to read without the frames. It was a nice little reminder that while he was growing older, he wasn't that old, and he intended to hold on to that ability for however long it lasted.

The floorboards creaked noisily in protest under his weight as he headed up the stairs and down the hall, their racket much louder than his footfalls. Things were eerily quiet. Though James had come back safely, he still hadn't seen or heard from much of anyone. The streak of boredom and quiet was maddening, and he hoped something would end it before he lost it completely.

When he finally made it to the library, Niklas was surprised to see that though the couch was facing away from him, it was most certainly occupied due to what looked like a long, scaly tail hanging off the edge of the couch. He assumed it was Jericho, though he found it odd that he would be in the library. The hybrid's poor manual dexterity and even worse vision made books and reading almost an impossibility.

Ah, well, he might've just been there for the surprisingly comfortable couch. "Hej, have you seen my glasses?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

We're all bad people

Postby Tentacles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:47 pm

As mentioned, the monster was getting sloppy. Hadn't even smelt the stink of a Viking approaching the library, and the question startled him. It prompted a brief sharp hiss as the tail hanging off the couch curled in agitation, but nothing more.

After a few seconds of shuffling, a scale covered hand shot up straight from the other side of the couch. There indeed was Niklas' glasses, hanging from a wicked black talon.

"Oui."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

especially me who can't tag things properly i am terrible

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

Niklas was just as startled as the couch's occupant was, at least once he heard that hiss. Jericho didn't hiss, at least not to his knowledge (and neither did he speak French). But there was something about that hiss that made his hair stand on end and sent chills down his spine. The sound and frequency sounded so familiar, but he just couldn't place it.

Even from the distance he could see that the hand that reached up over the side of the couch didn't belong to anyone that he knew. He cautiously made his way over, accepting the offered glasses with a muttered "Thanks". They seemed to be unharmed, at the very least. Putting them back on, he took the liberty of unceremoniously leaning over the top of the couch and getting a better look at whoever was laying there.

The visual didn't help him much. Who the hell was this guy? All skinny and scaly and long-necked and stripey and... wait, stripey? Those stripes were just as familiar as that hiss, and made him just as uneasy. His brow furrowed. But where did he remember them from?

Suddenly, everything clicked. Memories of terrible pain, tearing flesh, cold water, and the snapping of bones came flooding back. His upper lip curled in disgust. No, this would simply not do. Without a word, he turned on his heel and left the room as quickly as he had come.

When he returned a short while later, the glasses were again off, but this time he carried his sword in his hand. "You have two minutes to leave this building."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

i would curb stomp you in a terrible person battle

Postby Tentacles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 pm

The Medic's sudden, hasty retreat coupled with that sneer of disgust wasn't entirely lost on the Spy. Didn't take much to put two and two together. Undoubtedly he had done some terrible thing to this asshole as well. He scowled to himself, sitting up. Jasper wasn't going to take getting run out of another base again. If that Medic was going to come back armed he had another thing coming -

- oh. Yes. He did.

The serpent-like Spy crawled up the couch, claws piercing the ancient leather. He perched purposefully on the back of the couch, staring down the Medic. They were at least evenly matched in weight, and the monster wasn't entirely unarmed. He flashed a challenging grin at the man he had murdered.

"Sorry. I'm not going anywhere."
Tentacles
Colonel

i doubt it, i am a pretty shitty person

Postby Puffin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 pm

The doctor was undeterred by that flash of sharp teeth. If anything, it made him want to drop everything and wrangle the overgrown lizard by his skinny neck, engie-style. But still, he kept his composure, keeping an eye on the clock on the wall (which by some miracle or grace of the powers that be, still worked).

"Well, you see, I'd rather not kill you in here if I don't have to. Then the blood is going to get everywhere, and it's a real bitch to clean up, especially when it gets all over the furniture." His voice was noticeably tense, but unwavering. "In fact, if you leave now and don't come back, I probably won't even hurt you at all. Sounds like a pretty obvious choice to me."

Niklas reasoned that if this smug stripe-assed idiot knew what was good for him, he would take the invitation and take advantage of the opportunity presented. Unlikely, judging by his posturing, but at least he would have some fun with it. He glanced at the clock on the wall. A minute and a half.
Puffin
Site Admin

you are the flower of meditation in the wilderness

Postby Tentacles » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:14 pm

"Tsssk. Threatening a team mate. That's awfully poor form, Dr. Lind." the monster had spent many afternoons pouring over the files in the leader's office; he couldn't be sure if this Medic was infact Niklas Lind, but the physical descriptions seemed to be in order. Along with the pigheaded persistence.

"Here, I'll tell you what...go back to your Infirmary and put your museum piece away aaaannndd....I won't kill you. Deal?"
Tentacles
Colonel

tenty that's a lovely thing to say but i dont think so

Postby Puffin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Niklas frowned at the mention of his full name, but he looked more annoyed than angry. That little shrew had read the personnel files, hadn't he? Oh, this meant that Malnourished Godzilla over here would try and use that information against him, wouldn't it? He suppressed a groan. What a miserable individual.

"It's also poor form to harass, injure, and kill your teammates, as well as cutting them off from their only source of food and supplies for eight months. Poorer form than a threat, I would argue."

He laughed aloud at the thread. "I'd like to see you try." He knew that this lizard could probably do some damage with those teeth and claws, but he didn't particularly care at this point. He readied his grip on his sword and looked again at the clock. "Fifteen seconds, tough guy."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:53 pm

"You 'ave no idea how tired I am of hearing that, Dr. Lind. Old news. Water under the bridge. Did I kill you too?" idly, the beast inspected his claws, feigning disinterest.

Without another word, the beast launched himself off the couch, throwing his weight full force at the Medic. Maiming the man wasn't his intention right now; he wanted to get that sword away from him first. They both hit the floor, the monster scrabbling to pry the weapon from Niklas' hands.
Tentacles
Colonel

Re: An unpleasent encounter (for Niklas, open later)

Postby Puffin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Niklas wasn't going to dignify that question with a response anyway ('water under the bridge'? Really?), but before he knew it the scummy lizard was off the couch and hurtling toward him at a speed he didn't think possible with his size. He barely had time to brace himself before the two rather heavy combatants hit the ground with a crash.

It became clear very quickly that the undersized dinosaur was trying to disarm him. He winced as those sharp claws dug into his skin. Deciding to take advantage of his opponent's single-minded effort, he kept one hand firmly gripped around the hilt of the weapon while the other shot up and found its tight grip around that long, skinny, and currently extremely vulnerable neck.
Puffin
Site Admin

SPOILERS: I'm bad at fighting

Postby Tentacles » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Jasper soon found himself in quite a poor position, with a Medic's fingers wrapped around his neck, a thumb against his trachea. At the least, it kept him from making any clever quips. His first instinct was to lunge downwards and bite Niklas' face off, but the Medic's firm grip kept his neck in place, making his snapping attempts absolutely useless.

So, he decided to just answer back in kind.

His vision starting to dim and crackle at the edges, the monster wrapped his talons around Niklas' neck. He added in a little rattling to communicate just how displeased he was with being choked.
Tentacles
Colonel

SPOILERS: I'm bad at most things really

Postby Puffin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm

He should've seen it coming, really. But NIklas had allowed himself to be distracted by the lizard's incredibly satisfying hisses and futile attempts at breathing, and noting how quickly that shit-eating grin disappeared. He had begun to push up against his combatant, raising himself slowly from the floor when all of a sudden he found those sharp claws wrapped around his own neck.

He flinched as talons dug into his skin once again, but that sensation was quickly forgotten for want of air. The assault on his windpipe was so sudden he almost dropped his sword. Almost. The lizard didn't look like he was doing too well himself, though. Deciding to take his chances, Niklas quickly released his grip on the spy's throat, his free hand returning to his weapon. The swing he made was a little slow and more than a little sloppy, but hopefully it would be enough to get the message across at the very least.
Puffin
Site Admin

I'm badder at being bad then you are!

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Jasper was allowed one long ragged gasp for air just before he felt the bite of Niklas' sword to his shoulder. No, it wasn't a particularly graceful swing, but it was enough to send the monster skittering off the Medic, followed by the feral yowling of a wounded creature.

Another suit. Ruined. Unfortunate. He backed up towards the wall, strafing on all fours, keeping his tail as a stiff barrier between himself and the Medic.

He had grossly underestimated this man. And he was fairly certain he would be killed if he tried to keep this up. His untouched shoulder hit the wall. A warning hiss.

Well. Maybe he needed a different approach. "Your last leader was a pretty poor one, if he let the supplies go without delivery for oh so long."
Tentacles
Colonel

WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT

Postby Puffin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Niklas also took a sharp inhalation of breath as the monster's claws left his throat and he felt the heavy weight move off his torso. He couldn't help but smile at the hiss of pain and the skittering of clawed feet and the thump of a body hitting the wall. He rose to his feet, coughing, rubbing at the small puncture wounds and his newly freed windpipe.

And now the lizard was cowering in the corner. Oh, what a satisfying sight, so see the agent of the base's collective destruction fearing for his life. And now he was trying to bargain his way out? That little weasel. He flashed his combatant a wicked grin as he picked himself up off the floor.

"Well, no, the supplies were your fault. He was a poor leader, but for different reasons." He readjusted his grip on the sword, looming closer to the cornered spy. "Though I don't see what that has to do with anything."
Puffin
Site Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx2FDyvt0gI

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

The Spy just returned the grin, bright blood slicked over his fangs. This would either be the gut punch he was hoping for, and if not, there was a very serviceable window to jump out of.

"When was the last time you spoke with Mikaela?"
Tentacles
Colonel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

Postby Puffin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 pm

When was the last time you spoke with Mikaela?

The sword dropped to the floor with a loud clang. In a split second, the lizard would find himself grabbed by the shoulders and slammed into the wall. Niklas immediately regretted the action, knowing the spy would take pleasure out of such a strong reaction. God damn it, he knew something like this was going to happen. The snake had obviously read his file, and he just knew that he would use that information against him. Why didn't he just kill him when he had the chance?

A few seconds ago, Niklas would've been satisfied with simply cutting the spy in two, but now he wanted little more than to literally tear him apart. "Lizard, you are pissing me off. Unless you give me one good reason for throwing that name around, I will kill you," He hissed, tightening his grip on his opponent's shoulders and making sure to put extra pressure on the shoulder wound. He gave a bitter smile. "Two minutes to explain yourself."
Puffin
Site Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSCVAYr4LI

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Despite the pain, the monster kept his hideous grin on, even as he suppressed a hiss as the Medic tightened his fingers around his raw shoulder. He had the Medic right where he wanted him, and he had dished the dirt perfectly. "Outbound calls. I know they're limited here. Nobody pinches a penny harder then RED. Or tries to keep its employees so in the dark."

He snorted, spraying Niklas with a fine mist of blood - some of his capillaries had burst from all the physical exertion and the recent attempt at strangling. "Some of my contacts are still alive. I could put out an international call so you can talk to your dear, dear ex wife. Maybe even get the mail running again."

"That is, unless you'd still like to play St. George there with your little sword."
Tentacles
Colonel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ona42jz8w0k

Postby Puffin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Though he took pleasure from the pain he was undoubtedly causing the spy, it took Niklas every ounce of self control not to continue his assault. Yes, blackmail. As soon as the lizard had said his full name aloud he just knew something like this was going to happen. He dug his fingers a little deeper into the open wound in frustration. "You have the dial codes, don't you?"

And the worst part was that it was going to work. He flinched at the mist of blood, retaliating by spitting in the spy's face. Nonetheless, he released his grip on Jasper's shoulders, taking a few steps back and wiping at his face with his sleeve. "Trust me, I'd love to. But, if your knowledge of the company's communication system is as good as you claim..."

He turned around and pulled a random book off of a nearby shelf, flipping to a blank page and tearing it out. Reaching into his pocket and pulling out a pen, he handed it and the paper to the rather smug spy. "Write it down. Surely the code for one location is of little consequence to you, who can communicate with multiple locations?"
Puffin
Site Admin

shit's probably open now

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 pm

The Spy frantically pawed the spit off his face, hissing. "One location. And in exchange..." he snatched the paper and pen out of the Medic's hands, quickly scrawling down the European access code. "...maybe you won't try to kill me, hmm?"

He practically stuffed the page back into Niklas' hand, turning away from the Medic now with a dangerous air. Though they had come to a truce (possibly), the monster was still riled and tense.
Tentacles
Colonel

IT IS OPEN NOW COME JOIN IN ON THE SHITSTORM

Postby Puffin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Niklas gladly accepted the paper, gingerly folding it and placing it back in his pocket along with the pen. "If you provide this base with information and means of communication, and generally put your knowledge to good use, then no, I won't kill you." He smirked as he watched the spy squirm and try to wipe the saliva off his face.

"However," he said, leaning in as he lowered his voice. "If you harm any person on this team, or anyone else we happen to have good relations with, including the other team..." He flashed a toothy smile. "I will consider your presence to be more of a disadvantage than a benefit. And you'll be out."

He straightened and backed off, picking up the fallen sword and wiping the blood off of the blade with the bottom of his shirt. "Do you understand?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Library