This TV Sucks (Connal & Arseni)

Where the tired, worn out mercenaries go for a break. Includes a pool table, a table, a TV, and a couch or two facing the TV. It has the stairwell that leads down into the Dining Room, and connects directly to the Library.

This TV Sucks (Connal & Arseni)

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Not having much else to do, and not feeling up to wandering in the swamp again, Connal had decided to try and see what sort of stations they could get at the base. After all, he told Kettu he would share some of his favorite shows. Might as well see if he actually could watch them or not.

He headed straight for the television, tried to turn the dial to switch it on, and frowned when it simply popped off. Damn thing looked like it was older than he was. Looked like he was gonna have to talk to Gene about borrowing a pair of pliers if they ever wanted to get this thing on. For now, however, the firebug simply gripped the back of the TV with one hand, shoved the dial back in place with the other, and attempted to push forward and turn it at the same time. Stupid dials, why couldn't they have a TV with buttons?

His idea worked, however, and the television blinked to life with a loud click. The victory was short lived, however. After the four or five seconds it took to warm up, there was nothing but snow. "Oh fuck, c'mon!" he complained, now going for the dial that changed channels. It, too, popped off. "Damn it..." he muttered, glaring at the offending electronic. Connal would bet money that the so far useless volume dial would work just fine.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: This TV Sucks (Connal & Arseni)

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Arseni hadn't ended up on the right side of the bed. In fact, he'd managed not to end up in the bed at all. Instead, he'd ended up drunk at 2am without actually having slept at night. And then he fell asleep. And so there was now a blanket cocoon sitting hunched over the table, cradling a bottle of vodka. The pyro's aggravated noises caused the blanket to stir, he mumbling in russian. He groped for the bottle with what little vodka was left, shoving it under his blanket and downing the dregs. Not enough to get drunk, certainly. But it was something.

He whined in Russian about the other's loud interaction with the TV. He peeked out from under the blanket, only his tired eyes visible. He wished he'd used vodka to sleep earlier. He was at least glad he'd woken up to someone else in the room, as he was currently sober. "Vho is makink noise?" He asked, drowsily. He kept himself wrapped up in his blanket. He likes blanket cocoons. His two vodka bottles clinked together loudly, he keeping his gaze on Connal. The firestarter vould not eskape.
RED Demoman - Arseni Pavalov
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

"Hm?" Connal looked up at the strange grumbling he heard. Funny, seeing a man wrapped up like a burrito sitting at the table. Did he fall asleep there? Oops, he must have woken him up while fighting to get the TV to work. That was confirmed when he complained about the noise.

"Ah... That'd be me. sorry, man," he replied, standing up. He set the dial on top the television for now, walking over to his teammate. Who he guessed was his teammate. "Don't think I met you, yet. You just get here, or somethin'? My name's Connal, by the way." Was he a drunk? That didn't seem like the best kind of person to send, but if he was, he must be pretty damn good at fighting while hammered. "'M the Pyro." Maybe he should start introducing himself as Pyro, and see how many of the new guys would ask for his real name. Too bad he hadn't thought of this sooner, to say to everyone on the team.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:10 pm

The Russian nodded. "Is ok. I am understandink." He dug in his blanket cocoon and suddenly, warm vodka. He looked up at the other as suddenly Connal was by him and talking. Oh man. He shook his head, refocusing. "Yes, am just recently arrivink. Is nice to meet you, Konnal. My name is Arseni." The name, true to colors, sounded quite like Connal's favorite thing. He was certainly a drunk, and certainly wasn't a good fighter. But explosions were fun and he liked to watch them happen. So there, Connal. Ha. He smiled at the class declaration. "I am Demoman." He nodded. "You vant drink?" He gestured towards the vodka. "If you do, do not be drinkink it all. I do not vant to go and get more just yet. Blanket is comfy."

He let the blanket uncover his neatly shaved, albeit now stubbly head, looking somewhat hungover. He looked up at the other, taking in the sight. He grinned suddenly. "Is not hair uncomfortable in maskink?" He asked, curiously. A bit of a hangover never stopped him from being curious. Just from thinking very hard.
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Did he hear that right? Was "arson" really a part of this guy's name? That was both weird, and really cool. And he was a Demoman. So his name had "arson" in it, and he blew things up for a living. This was getting better and better. Now he was even sharing his drink. Yes, Connal was sure he was going to get along with this man. "Yeah, thanks," he replied, grabbing the bottle by the neck. He opened it and took a sniff, and holy shit, that smelled strong. Awesome. Careful not to drink too much at once, he tipped it back and took a few swallows. Definitely good stuff, he even had to clear his throat before setting it down.

"Wha? Oh, nah, surprisingly," he replied, with a grin. "It's not really long enough to get in my face or anything. Mostly just sticks to the top of my head, doin' its own thing." Maybe he should get this guy a glass of water. Water was surprisingly helpful when you were hungover. He didn't look too bad, though. "Really the worst part is just how hot the suit is. 'M not really used to the temperatures down here, yet, and the uniform just makes it worse. Where you from, anyway?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Arson remained oblivious to Connal's building like of him; he had no idea of exactly what 'arson' meant, anyway. He smiled irregardless. As soon as the other'd set down the vodka, he reached over. A good amount of the vodka spilled forth into his mouth, he not bothering with restraint as he downed near unto half the bottle. He set it back down afterwards, hand retreating into his blanket cocoon. He looked up at Connal as he cleared his throat. He gave a laugh in response. He made a mental note to give Connal more booze at some point.

He laughed. "That is goot. Voult not want pyro to be more blint then already is beink!" He smiled. He would probably have appreciated water, if he didn't solve hangovers with applying more booze. "I am glat I am not beink havink suit to wear, then! It sounds very uncomfortable." He nodded. "I am from Russia. Is home." He nodded towards his new friend; "And you, Konnal?"
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:59 am

It was Connal's turn to laugh. Arson could really knock 'em back. It would be a bad idea to try and get into a drinking contest with him. "Oh, so y'know what it's like to wear the thing, huh?" The mask, at least, if he didn't know what the whole suit was like. Maybe he had met another Pyro before being shipped out there.

The fire starter took a seat across from the Demoman as he continued talking. A Russian, huh? Despite having grown up through the Cold War, Connal didn't really think bad of Russia for what had happened. As far as he was concerned, it was just as much his country's fault as theirs. Besides, it's not like the people that lived there had any say in what their government did. "I'm from here in the States. Michigan, further up north," he answered, not expecting Asreni to really know much about it.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Arson smiled. "Once, vas pyro who got mat at me. Put heat in mask. Vas not fun." He stuck out his tongue. "Vould not do again, I am thinkink." He shook his head. He looked up at the pyro. "Do not be knowink how you can bear it."

The Pyro's sitting across from him was a welcome advance. He leaned forward, enjoying his warm blanket cocoon. He nodded to Connal. "You are from here? In states?" He asked, "In states is havink no good drink." He offered as conversation. "Ve are drinkink more often zen zis, da?" He nodded as though he refused to take no for an answer. He grinned. He could feel the drink taking effect. He only knew so much about the States, but damn if he was going to give up the chance to convince someone to be his drinking buddy.
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 pm

"I just figure I gotta get used to it same way you get used to a cold lake. Y'know, jump right in and get it over with. Too bad it's gonna take more than a few seconds to get used to this, though." Connal had to laugh as the topic changed. His grandfather had often complained about how there was never any good beer or liquor to drink. "Sure, why not?" Sounded like fun, getting drunk every once in a while. "Maybe you can teach me some Russian drinking games."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 am

Arseni nodded. "I am understandink. If only it vas like that." He took another swig of vodka. "Zen I vouldn't mint pretendink to be pyro!" He smiled. "Beink drunk is nice experience." He nodded sagely. "Is like beink asleep, but not!" Arseni lazily laid forward on the table. His chin touched it, he thinking. "Russian drinkink games? Hm. I am thinkink. Bear Paw. Do you all have alcohol that is not beink vodka?" Even with his mind muddled by the alcohol, he was a little unsure that a twoplayer game of Bear Paw was a good idea. But he didn't care. He looked up at Connal, brain drunkenly connecting his thoughts by loose threads.

"Konnal? Are villink to tell me what team is like?" He asked, shifting a little. "Am only knowink two. Beyont you." He was curious about his team. He offered a muted shrug under his blanket. "Am knowink Gene and bik man zat arrivet with." He hadn't thought to ask Gene at the time, and while he was regretting it, this guy might be more concise. Besides, he coud feel the Pyro growing on him. He was used to his pyro friends being more reclusive and paranoid; don't get him wrong, he understood them on that count, but it kept him from making drinking buddies, sure. The pyro he was talking to seemed outgoing and not crazy enough. It was a nice change of pace. Although it could indicate a lack of experience. He hoped Connal took his first BLU spy to the back well.
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Connal just laughed a bit. Seemed like Arseni was pretty all over the place when he got drunk. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it might make it a bit hard to keep up with the conversation. Bear Paw was definitely an interesting name for a drinking game, though it seemed fitting that it was Russian. "There should be beer around, yeah. It's all RED's brand, though." It wasn't that he didn't like Red Shed, no. It was just nice to have a little more variety.

"Yeah, I can tell you what the team's like, no problem." Big man... Did he mean Yuri? If he had shown up the same time as their Heavy, what had stopped him from joining in on the team meeting? Maybe he'd gone down a different hall, and that's why he missed it. "Th' big guy you're talkin' about's probably Yuri. Never seen anyone as big as him. As for people you haven't seen..." He thought a moment, deciding to go in order of the people he had met. "One of our Spies' name is Anton. It's hard to know what he thinks of anything, since he can't talk and he always looks like he's bored or tired. He showed me around the place, he uses a pencil and paper to talk if he needs to."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Arseni smiled. "Vill be showink you Bear Paw sometime, then. Is fun. But is no winner." He gives a laugh at his simple description, but not more; he moves on quickly. "RET brant vill have to do. I have enough vodka." He stretched a little in his blanket. The game Bear Paw was a game that required three players. No winners; a large mug of beer gets passed around. With each drink, it's topped with vodka. God forbid if anyone reaches a full glass of vodka, it's topped with beer. Rinse, repeat. This continues until everyone's either quit or passed out drunk. That's where it gets its name; it's like getting hit by a Bear's Paw. And that was, of course, why it was what came to mind.

He nodded as the other mentioned Yuri. He had, in fact, managed to entirely avoid that area by exploration. He mostly just managed to get lost, really. He lost sight of Yuri for two seconds, and then he took a wrong hall. That was all. Yet, it'd certainly managed to set Arseni off. He was glad to find the barracks. He nodded at the mention of Anton, though he looked uneasy for a second. His base inability to understand most English writing might turn out to be an issue, here. He wasn't about to admit that, anyway. Even if he was drunk, he still had a little pride. "Goink on."
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 pm

The pyro grinned as Arseni briefly described Bear Paw. A game with no winner? Strange, but that was Russia for you. "There's another Spy, his name's Kettu. He's from Finland, an' he's a friend of mine," Connal continued. "Kettu's kinda quiet, but he seems nice enough. I think he takes his job pretty damn seriously. But it was his idea to have a meeting so that everyone could get to know each other." For the short time he's known those teammates, it seemed to him like it summed them up accurately. Next would be people he had only met the day before.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Arseni Pavelov » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Arseni nodded. Technically, the winner was the one who lasted the longest. But since all his opponents are probably dead drunk by that point, it's a hollow victory anyway. And it's also a given that the winner, since they're about to drink the rest of the mug, will probably join the rest shortly. He nodded to Connal. "I am seeink. Am wishink I vas there for meetink." He offered a smile.
Arseni Pavelov
Recruit

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:14 pm

"Yeah, you kinda missed out, there," Connal replied, stretching a bit in the chair. "Gene baked a cake. It was pretty good, too." Now, time to think on all the different people he had met, yesterday. "There was a Sniper, pretty sure he said his name was Will. Kinda quiet, but he nearly ran into me when he got there. I don't think he's new to this line of work."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Return to Common Room