Medicine Run (for Niklas, others welcome for shenannigans)

The first floor of RED base is where all the action happens, from sparring to medical mishaps to general cooking hi-jinks, this is where it happens.

Medicine Run (for Niklas, others welcome for shenannigans)

Postby Tentacles » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Where was that fucking Soldier when you needed him...?

James was just about done hanging around, waiting for Josif to come assist in making a suicide run across the swamp for supplies. Might be better off without that warm blooded freak anyway, he'd just slow him down, he figured. The fastest way to the BLU base would no doubt be across the expanse of black water that separated the opposing teams; a great way to end up dead, but the slippery arsonist bet he could out swim whatever it was, if it was anything like the giant snapping turtle...

Still, why take chances?

The salamander came bolting down the hallway, shot gun in hand. Something 'borrowed' from Resupply, no doubt someone would be missing it later. It wasn't much, but it might at least stun the thing long enough for him to slip away if it came to that.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

it's funny because james is making a medicine RUN

Postby Puffin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Though his arrival had been exciting, the next few days at his new base weren't. Niklas had spent the majority of his time in the infirmary, cleaning it up as best he could (and doing a fine job, if he didn't say so himself), and taking note of what they needed. Though he was even sleeping on the cot in the back, no one had showed up, for sickness or otherwise. It seemed that in between episodes of excitement and danger were long stretches of boring. He still hadn't quite decided if that was a good or a bad thing.

So when he was looking again through the mostly-empty cabinets, writing down what they did and didn't have, he started at the sound of running footsteps outside in the hallway. Did they have a scout? Sometimes they liked to run laps around when they got bored. He laid the clipboard and pen down on the countertop and opened the door, poking his head out. He was surprised to see that it was a pyro carrying a shotgun. And a hybrid, at that. He would've been surprised, but considering what else went on at this base, he really wasn't. He repressed the urge to yell behind you! and instead called out "Hej, what's the hurry?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

HUR HUR HUR HUR

Postby Tentacles » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:20 pm

FUCK

Well, this was unexpected. The salamander came to a skidding stop, looking back at the new Medic with a touch of panic.

What's the hurry? Oh, just running over to the enemy base to beg for supplies. Just some regular traitor shit, you know?

The Pyro's throat expanded slightly with a soft squeak. Could just keep running, but there would be hell to pay later for dashing off without an explanation. Jesus christ that guy was also twice his size. James had already had enough of getting his ass handed to him by his own team.

Still, there was a man's life at stake, even if he wasn't particularly fond of said man. And he doubted somehow this giant of a Medic had come waltzing to their base with a fresh supply of anti-biotic...

"...swamp rat infestation. Really big ones." he pumped the shotgun for emphasis. The slippery bastard was a lot of things, and a decent liar he wasn't.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

rodents of unusal size? I don't think they exist

Postby Puffin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Niklas looked the little pyro up and down. Oh wow, he was small. that chemsuit looked like it was hanging off his body in folds, if such a thing were possible with the thick rubber. He looked startled and nervous as well. What exactly was he afraid of? There likely wasn't a fight going on, or else he would've heard about it (as would the rest of the team).

So what was this guy's deal? He didn't buy that excuse for a minute. Why couldn't he get a straight answer out of anyone for anything? "Bullshit," he said, simultaneously amused and annoyed. Didn't they realize that telling the truth was a much better way to solve their problems? "It's alright, you can tell me. Is someone hurt or something?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Medicine Run (for Niklas, others welcome for shenannigan

Postby Tentacles » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 pm

As soon as the Medic called bullshit, another pathetic squeak wormed its way through the salamander's throat. Swamp rats? Really? That was the best I could come up with? Shit...

Still, as long as he was caught..."Our Medic...er, Rufus..." he swallowed. "He's pretty fuckin' sick." And THAT'S why I was running through the halls with a weapon! Yes!
Tentacles
Colonel

Let me handle the lying, James

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

"To be blunt, he's going out to-" a mighty strung of coughs was heard here, "...find supplies, ugh."

Josif stepped around the new Medic. He was wearing his combat gear and helmet as normal, but with a mostly- empty backpack slung over his shoulder. The cough was a decent reminder to all that the Soldier's sickness had made no effort to subside or grow.

But that hadn't been why he had been late; after the incident with the Croc-Sniper, his shotgun had gone missing. It hadn't been a concern until this point, where he might actually need it. But the shotgun had been neither in where Josif had left it, or in Respawn, where he checked today. As the infantryman looked upon James, he took note of the beaten weapon in the arsonist's hands. "I'm not sure you'll forgive me for being late, but I couldn't find my shotgun," Josif said, without having the mind to tell James that he had stolen the Soldier's shotgun.

Turning back to the Medic, Josif continued, "The two of us found this old hideaway in the swamp, and some supplies with it. Now that we're more prepared, James and I are going to go get those supplies." Josif could be a darn good liar when he wanted to be; heck, some of the best soldiers would feign their own fear of a situation. Josif had spent some time just concocting an explanation as to why they were heading out into the swamp, and was making good use of it now.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Niklas was just confused now. Why was the pyro squeaking? What the hell was going on? Why was it gong on? Why was he having such an existential crisis right now? Ok, so this little guy was scared, time to take it easy. He could figure out that one pretty easily. "Yeah, that much I've heard," he said in response to James' answer about the sick medic. The man seemed like a mythical creature, everyone was talking about him but no one could find him.

"Oh, hi Josif," he said as the soldier approached. Josif was still sick, it seemed. Niklas would have to take a look at him later. He listened to his explanation, and couldn't help but snigger at the shotgun comment. This was all just getting comical now. But still, a hideaway in the swamp? "Where exactly is this hideaway, and how old is it? A warm, humid environment like this is probably one of the worst places to have a medicine cache, so I doubt anything you find would be useable. Plus I can guarantee none of it would be sterile and fit for medicinal use."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

You want to challenge it? Fine with me, buddy.

"I couldn't tell how old the place was, but- hold it. MEDICAL supplies? Who said we were looking for those?" Josif suddenly started, a grin of friendly exasperation appearing on his face. "I mean, like tools, metal, spare wood, stuff like that. I didn't even check if there was any medical things lying around," Josif continued, looking about to laugh. But just like that, the comical attitude disappeared in favor of a more curious and serious tone.

"The place is an old shack, but it's cellar is where the supplies are. It was actually pretty chilly, so if there was medicine there, however meager, then it would at least be in the right place." Josif's brow furrowed as he talked, and a thoughtful face appeared on him, emitting the words, "Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to check that."

"Shall we, James?" Josif motioned down the hall for the arsonist. Hopefully that would be a good fib to get Niklas off their backs. If it isn't, I'll just show you myself...
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Ok, so this explanation was a little bit better, but still left a lot to be desired. They seemed awfully eager to go on off without him. Did Josif just not remember when they almost got into a fight because the soldier wouldn't tell him what was going on? "Well, the pyro here just told me that you're going out for supplies because the other medic is sick, which would usually imply that you're getting medicine to help him. Wood and tools usually don't help with that sort of thing, unless you're just going to build him a coffin, and that's pretty mean, even by my standards." Niklas made direct eye contact with the soldier, staring at him unafraid, reading his face for any signs of lying.

Where was he going now? Did he honestly think that he could get away without a straight answer? Ah, well, time to keep pressing him with questions. "How far away is this cellar anyway? You do know that there's another monster swimming around, the same one who made work of our dock? If I were you, I would check the supply rooms for whatever it is you're looking for before you go gallivanting off into the swamp."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Josif rolled his eyes where the Medic wasn't looking, and turned around. "I'm just trying to add to our stockpile; James is the one who remembered the medical things, it looks like," Josif said, glancing at the Pyro. The salamander hadn't spoken up since he arrived, and Josif wasn't sure how he would react to what was coming next. It would derail them quite a bit, but if it would satisfy the Medic and anyone else curious, then it may be worth the effort. Just in case, Josif threw a quick "Trust me, I know what I'm doing" look at James, although he wasn't sure the arsonist would get the message.

"Well, perhaps you'd like to join us in our expedition?" Josif then said nonchalantly. "I'm sure if you just tagged along, you'd see the whole thing for yourself, rather than just have me explain it." Again, Josif glanced at James with that "I know what I'm doing" look, almost certain the slippery arsonist would take the first chance he got to knock the Soldier silly.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm

"I..." well, he hadn't been expecting that. Niklas had been expecting a further argument, trying to pry more information from Josif, who he was more than certain at this point wasn't telling him everything yet again. But still, the fact that he was willing to include him on their little trip was reassuring. It would probably be safer with three people instead of just two, especially if one was a medic. "Sure, I'd love to. I don't have much else to do otherwise." He turned to go back inside the infirmary, before realizing he forgot to ask them something and turned back to the other two teammates. "Oh, by the way, is there anything in particular I should bring along? Like my medigun, weapons, liquor?," he said, only half-joking about the last one.
Puffin
Site Admin

)ಠ3ಠ) josif what are you doing

Postby Tentacles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 pm

The salamander blinked a few times at Josif's knowing little glances. The fuck was he up to? The fuck sized hole was he digging the two of them into?! He had half a mind to shove a fist into the bastard's lying mouth and poison the Soldier right then and there...

...the Medic did seem to be buying it however. The slippery arsonist started concocting his own plan; the swamp was still confusing to him, but no doubt he knew it better then this new comer. Josif could lead off the big doc and he could slip away to the BLU base. Hopefully.

"Weapons." the Pyro finally spoke up. "Lots of nasty shit out there besides our dear friend swimming around."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 pm

"Indeed," Josif simply said, in response to James's answer. The shack was far away from the main water, surrounded by trees, moss and vines, so there was no concern of their main monster to be had. Easy to get lost in, too: the crafty Pyro could quickly make his way to BLU base without the Medic noticing. "Let's all meet up at the front porch, no less than a couple minutes. Alright?"

Without entirely waiting for an answer, Josif headed on a quick detour to Respawn, snatching a spare Rocket Launcher from its database and hurrying through the Battlements exit to the front porch. Locating James, the Soldier took the Pyro aside and rapidly tried to explain the situation. "I'm not lying about the shack; it's an actual place where some supplies are. I'll lead the Medic off, but run ahead to figure out where the shack is: you're going to have to show up later after you get those medicines. We don't want the Medic thinking you deserted us, okay?" Josif stated quickly, desperately hoping James was getting onto this.

"And, sorry about the deception, it was a bit short notice, I know," Josif ended off in a rush, hearing Niklas's gradual footsteps approaching.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

josif: MASTER OF SUBTLETY

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 pm

It was highly suspicious to him that these two were admitting the danger of the situation but telling him only to bring his weapon, and not any healing whatsoever. There was clearly something going on here between the two, but he would play along for now. They looked like they thought he was going to go along with it without protest.

Niklas agreed to Josif's terms, stepping back inside the infirmary to get his things. He grabbed his coat off of Erik's shoulders and gloves from the drawer, and went into the office in the back to get his syringe gun. Within a couple of minutes he was ready, heading back to the front porch. When he got there he saw the two engaged in yet another whispering conversation. He pretended not to notice, continuing to play dumb. He would have to keep an eye on these two, especially that little Pyro, who looked like he was pretty good at slinking away unnoticed. "Are you sure you don't want me to bring the medigun?" He said, addressing Josif. "Last chance."
Puffin
Site Admin

roll vs skeptism for bluff

Postby Tentacles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

The Pyro was starting to have second thoughts about this. Bad enough to lie to a new team mate. Bad enough to sneak off. Bad enough to play traitor to the RED team. But to trust Josif to actually be telling the truth about the shack? And expect the Medic to follow them there? The information was dumped on him so quickly he barely had time to glare up at the Soldier incredulously, membranes hanging half over his bulbous eyes. Christ, there was no way this was going to work now.

Smooth move, the slippery arsonist thought to himself as Niklas joined them once again. No doubt he'd heard the whispered conversation. Fuck this had all gone to hell in a hand basket, as most things the salamander found with Josif.

"Ask him he's the one who knows where we're going..." he muttered, snapping his jaws together.
Tentacles
Colonel

Here's subtlety for ya: MY ASS

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:33 pm

"Good call, I hadn't thought about the Medigun," Josif thought out loud. The absence of an official battle had deprived Josif of some of his class-based thinking. "I... don't really think we'll need it. We're going into a more tangled part of the swamp, so I'm not expecting too many beasties." Josif answered, looking thoughtful about his statement. No doubt the Medic still had doubts about the two of them, and he had likely heard some of Josif's relayed plans. This was getting stressful.

"Well, time to shove off..." the Soldier said broadly, and walked off the porch and into the woods, taking a sharp detour away from the water. This scheme was getting closer than he'd like, and he could only pray that the James and Niklas could believe him for long enough.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

james u get a nat 1, rolling for sense motive

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Something snapped inside Niklas' head as the little pyro gave his poorly thought out excuse. He just couldn't take it anymore, no matter how much he was trying. Subtlety wasn't his strong point either. He glared at the little pyro, visibly annoyed now. "If you don't know where we're going, then how come you were running out of the base at full speed, without Josif? It seemed like you knew where you were going then."

He broke eye contact with James, looking at both of them now, rubbing his shoulder angrily. "Look, you two are really bad at this, can you just stop with the bullshit? I'm not stupid." He gathered that they were getting medicine from some place they didn't want him to know about. Where could they possibly be getting medicine from that they couldn't tell...?

Oh, wait.

A sudden look of understanding came on Niklas' face. He was feeling rather smug and exasperated at the same time. "I do want to help you, after all, and I'm more concerned for our team's survival than anything else," he said, hoping the two would take the hint.
Puffin
Site Admin

im so sorry i don't know how to rp sometimes

Postby Tentacles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Well fuck it. Their hasty attempt at lying had failed anyway, might as well face the fucking music.

"The Doc was using liquid anti-biotic injections or somethin." the Pyro piped up, staring at the Medic square in the eyes. "We're clear out of the stuff. But the BLUs might...er...." he stumbled with his words slightly, faltering. "The BLUs might have what we're looking for."

It was time to choke down some humble pie, at least for Rufus' sake. "Unless you think you could fix him without it."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Josif raised an eyebrow at James, but said nothing to him, initially. The Medic did want to help, and perhaps the man could understand that it would need both teams in order to solve problems. "We weren't sure just how forgiving anyone would be about sneaking out to get medication for Rufus. I apologize for trying to steer you on the wrong path," Josif said, subtly not mentioning lies anywhere in his statement. "But if you can help us, or at least pardon us for doing this, there's a good chance we can get Rufus better."

By now, Josif had stopped, heading back to where the other two had barely budged. "Again, I don't know how forgiving you can be, especially now that you know we were trying to deceive you."
Penultimate Pi
Captain

you're doin fine dont worry about it

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Niklas sighed, much of his anger abated. Was that really hard, just to tell him the truth? He sunk back on his heels a bit, digesting both of their words. "Considering that we barely have anything left in the infirmary to speak of, no, I don't think I'd be able to really help him," he said after a short pause. "And I am a little annoyed that you lied, but..." he shrugged. "I'll let it go. We have much larger problems at hand to deal with, and as I said, our survival is much more important than anything. And I would like to help you."

He guessed that they had reason to be suspicious. Some people who were more sticklers for rules wouldn't hesitate to bust these two's asses immediately. The medic wasn't one of those people, however. "From the way Aime was explaining it, it seems like you have a decent relationship with the BLUs anyway." The spy had talked as if making deals with the BLUs was a viable option, after all. He turned back to the pyro. "Did he say specifically what kind of antibiotic he needed?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Next

Return to First Floor