Well, uh...

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Well, uh...

Postby The Announcer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am

So, what's going on in here?

(AKA I haven't been here in forever and I wanted to say hi. What's up. How y'all doing.)
The Announcer
Site Admin

Re: Well, uh...

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Most everyone's gone, looks like. I'm still here, and so is ArmoredSoul, but other than that Swamp Rat's gone silent. That Hurricane event's never gonna be properly finished, I gather.

I guess the best we could do to keep this place alive is attract some new people. Get some advertising up, or something. We really might benefit from a new generation of mercenaries with new ideas an characters.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm around, kinda. I feel bad, but every time I try to go and type up a reply for the event, I get hit with writer's block.

It probably is a good idea to try and get new people in here. I'll ask my newest RP buddie how he feels about the idea of "A TF2 survival horror future AU roleplay" that... actually kinda lacks the "survival horror" part, what with respawn and all.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby The Announcer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 pm

I can try and get friends from another group I ended up in, if you guys want.

But, I don't know? It seems like the best way to handle this would be to clean up the forum, make it look nice, and then advertise on other places for TF2 RP or something.

Also, respawning doesn't really kill the survival horror aspect! After all, experiencing death isn't pleasant. If the area's deaths are slow and gruesome enough, they stack up. (I figured that'd start with the battles, but then those never started. Maybe I should see about setting up those...)
The Announcer
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Well, we have had more than our fair share of gruesome deaths and unpleasant respawn glitches. So there is that.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby The Announcer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Fair enough, that. Plus considering all the dropped characters as having died and being unable to be recovered.

Even Arseni. I wonder if I could get his muse back by Charahubbing him...
The Announcer
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm

I've actually put together some customized banners and icons and even got part of a background finished, but the problem is that I have no idea on how to properly implement them into the site design. Most of the stuff I've dealt with is really basic html/Tumblr theme type stuff, and this site... It's nothing like it and I have no idea how to access anything properly, which I feel really stupid about since I should have asked about it all before getting things transferred over.
I am MORE than willing to accept any help, and if we can get together an ad, maybe spruce things up, move any dead threads to Archives-

It'd certainly be worth a shot, right?
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

We (us 3 admins) actually had shit planned after this event business, but it never went through. I don't know what happened.

Things have also been hard for me as far as activity goes because, like I mentioned, I have an actual, real-ass job now. With 8.5 hour days and everything. Due to various circumstances my commute into Manhattan every day is fucking long, so on good days I'm not even back until 8 pm. ://// I plan on moving out and into my own place in a couple of months, so that will hopefully be better. What I didn't expect was how draining working full time could be.

Ah, I don't have much of an excuse, though. I feel like a total asshat, sorry everyone. I'm still here on weekends, after all.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 am

It's okay, Puff, we've all gotten distracted with real life, it happens.
The fact that it happened all at once is a little depressing, but -again- it happens.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Return to General Chat