I feel dumb...

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

I feel dumb...

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 am

But I'm clueless as how to properly customize our site.
I know that we're using phBB and that I can access the site/server base via HostGator, but that's about it.

I've been wanting to give our site a chatbox of some kind and to customize our banner and backdrop, but I have practically NO knowledge of it or its functioning language.
Has anybody here on the site ever dealt with this kind of thing before, building their own website, or should I call my IT friend Brendan and have him take a look?
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Re: I feel dumb...

Postby Anu Laar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 am

Chatboxes, newsboxes, and other related phpBB add-ons are -extremely difficult- to code. They are not on par with the cosmetic add-ons that are easy to install on phpBB at all and you're going to need someone who really knows what they're doing to make it work.
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Re: I feel dumb...

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 am

Anu Laar wrote:Chatboxes, newsboxes, and other related phpBB add-ons are -extremely difficult- to code. They are not on par with the cosmetic add-ons that are easy to install on phpBB at all and you're going to need someone who really knows what they're doing to make it work.

Urgh, I was afraid of that.
The chatbox idea is honestly super LOW priority, just a notion that I got after all the hullabaloo about the Steam chat and the use of IRC and all that, I was thinking an on-site chat would be helpful for communication and stuff, but if its going to be that much of a pain, I don't really want to fret over it.
Getting a banner fixed up, though, that's something I want to work in rather badly.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Return to General Chat