Pyromania Update - Damnit more Achievements...

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Pyromania Update - Damnit more Achievements...

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 pm

So... today marks Day 1 of 3 before Meet the Pyro is released and Valve shoots out a new map with 11 new achievements.

All I can say is "damn it, I haven't even finished Foundry's achievements and you give me this? I'll never get these achievements done! WAAAH!"

Basically what I'm saying and asking is if anyone wouldn't mind partnering up with me on a valve owned server hosting Doomsday and Foundry so I can get these achievements out of the way and back to the much older ones (I also need to work on those achievements for the Replay section, though that's gonna be a lot harder than the others.)

Not sure about scheduling, seeing I have a podcast to watch that starts at 9:30PM EST and usually ends around midnight EST. Tuesday is another one starting at 8PM EST and lasts anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, depending on gameplay (it's a minecraft livestream).

Once those are done, I can open up to some gaming to get achievements done and will help others in gaining theirs.

Let me know what ya'll wanna do and who's volunteering to lend me a hand.

P.S.: Seriously wish we owned our own server so we can farm without grief
Rufus Schmitz

Re: Pyromania Update - Damnit more Achievements...

Postby Puffin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 pm

The reason we don't have our own server is because servers can cost within the vicinity of 35 dollars a month, which is several times more than it costs to run the forum itself. As such, none of us have the money for that, and certainly aren't going to pay for a server just to farm achievements (unless one or more of you wants to pony up the cost for that, and I don't expect that from anyone).

However, playing together with the Swamp Rats sounds like fun, and I think we should get together and do that. Sometime this week, probably, in celebration of the update? We can all hudda hudda together.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm

I agree with the idea of getting together to play.
I can host a private game for us, I've done it before on a basic map, I can easily download whatever we need for play.
We can actually play on the Swamp Rat map, if you like. :)
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 pm

I didn't expect us to buy a server monthly fee, that's expense even for smaller slots.

And yah, I would love to get together, just asking to get through Doomsday and Foundry achievements first, and maybe a few older achievements since they've been stewing on me since I started playing the game. Time for them to go off my to-do list on the game.

Afterwards, we can blow each other's brains out as much as you all want.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Puffin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:I agree with the idea of getting together to play.
I can host a private game for us, I've done it before on a basic map, I can easily download whatever we need for play.
We can actually play on the Swamp Rat map, if you like. :)

That actually sounds like the best idea. So the biggest challenge would be finding a date that works for everyone (probably a weekend).
And hopefully my computer won't get upset over downloading a new map (sometimes it gets weird like that).
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 am

I actually have found an even better solution; My boyfriend has a super awesome badass computer that can host a server for us, and he said he'd be happy to help out. :)
Be warned, though, he is kind of a badass at TF2 and has no mercy.
Just saying.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:04 am

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:I actually have found an even better solution; My boyfriend has a super awesome badass computer that can host a server for us, and he said he'd be happy to help out. :)
Just saying.

Hey, so long as he's willing to derp and (apparently) achieve farm with us, then I got no problem with having a few more serious rounds here and there and getting my ass handed to me.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

Connal Reid wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:I actually have found an even better solution; My boyfriend has a super awesome badass computer that can host a server for us, and he said he'd be happy to help out. :)
Just saying.

Hey, so long as he's willing to derp and (apparently) achieve farm with us, then I got no problem with having a few more serious rounds here and there and getting my ass handed to me.

Awesome~
I personally won't be part of the achievement farming thing, I see no point in it, but I will play Medic and shoot people with my crossbow. :)
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:
Connal Reid wrote:
Just saying.

Awesome~
I personally won't be part of the achievement farming thing, I see no point in it, but I will play Medic and shoot people with my crossbow. :)

Agreed about the farming thing, personally I think if you're going to do something like that take it to another server so the rest of us can play.

So gotta ask, what days are good for everyone? I'm free pretty much most evenings, but I know some of you have responsibilities/obligations so we should figure out a day that works for everyone.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 am

I think we should figure out our Time Zones first, and then figure days. Cause I have weekends off from work, so I can be on all day for play, but I'll need to ask Devin (my bf) if he can have his computer run the server while he's at work or if he has to be there for it, cause he works evenings 7 days a week.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:I think we should figure out our Time Zones first, and then figure days. Cause I have weekends off from work, so I can be on all day for play, but I'll need to ask Devin (my bf) if he can have his computer run the server while he's at work or if he has to be there for it, cause he works evenings 7 days a week.

From what I remember:

Eastern Time Zone - Me, Tenty, Mint, Jarvis, Slinky, Shankie
Central Time Zone - Falco
Mountain Time Zone - Hanry
Pacific Time Zone - Armored

If I didn't list your name it's because I don't know where you're situated. Post it here or send me a PM if you're interested in this whole shindig.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Devin lives in the same area as me, so the server would run roughly like this:

Pacific Time Zone +0 - Armored
Mountain Time Zone +1 - Hanry
Central Time Zone +2 - Falco
Eastern Time Zone +3 - Bird, Tenty, Mint, Jarvis, Slinky, Shankie

So whatever times Devin tells me he can run, add the hours and then consider your available play time.
I know I'll be available after midnight Friday, all Saturday, and Sunday until midnight to 2am, and I know Devin works from 4:30 to 10:30 or later (depending upon the day).
I'm hoping he can run a server while away from his computer so we can be more flexible.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Suddenly farm hate? I get it can get kinda old, guys, and it personally isn't my cuppa, but c'mon. When that's what the thread starts off with, I don't think it's quite... right, I guess, to just suddenly all say "Fuck that." I'm sure we can work something out.

But anyhoozen, sorry to say that soon as it hits midnight for Armored, I won't be able to be online. At least, not if I'm at my mom's house. 3am is the technological curfew, basically. I only get away with later posts when I'm there is because I have a smart phone, and that's one light they can't see under the door. When I'm at my dad's, he don' give much of a crap, so long as I'm not loud while he's tryin' to sleep.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Penultimate Pi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm in the Pacific time zone, so you know. Pretty much any day is good for me unless I say so otherwise, but I'll likely be more available during the later hours; after 4 pm or so in my time zone.

I'd figure to solve the issue between serious gaming and farming: run two servers. It's an obvious solution, but an easy one: the farming server can be a separate, private one while Armored's bf hosts the main one.

Yay/Nay?
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Connal Reid wrote:Suddenly farm hate? I get it can get kinda old, guys, and it personally isn't my cuppa, but c'mon. When that's what the thread starts off with, I don't think it's quite... right, I guess, to just suddenly all say "Fuck that." I'm sure we can work something out.

But anyhoozen, sorry to say that soon as it hits midnight for Armored, I won't be able to be online. At least, not if I'm at my mom's house. 3am is the technological curfew, basically. I only get away with later posts when I'm there is because I have a smart phone, and that's one light they can't see under the door. When I'm at my dad's, he don' give much of a crap, so long as I'm not loud while he's tryin' to sleep.

It isn't 'farm hate'. We're just saying that if we're going to be getting together for a group game, that those looking to farm should take it to another server and let the people who just want to play the game play the game. They're welcome to join us when they're done having a server that is half farming and half not won't mesh well.

Anyway, so I think we should start earlier than midnight PST, since that will mean 3 am here, so the earlier the better most likely for those of us on the east coast.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Um... the reason why I asked for help Achievement farming is because the server I normally lurk in is an Achievement server, but it hasn't been used for that nowadays but as a rdming warehouse. I've gone in several times, asked publicly for help getting achievements out of the way, and blantly ignored. It'll be easier asking friends for help than random strangers now a days.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Puffin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Rufus Schmitz wrote:Um... the reason why I asked for help Achievement farming is because the server I normally lurk in is an Achievement server, but it hasn't been used for that nowadays but as a rdming warehouse. I've gone in several times, asked publicly for help getting achievements out of the way, and blantly ignored. It'll be easier asking friends for help than random strangers now a days.

And that's perfectly fine. If you find someone on here to farm with you that's cool, but we aren't going to set up a server for farming if the majority doesn't want to do that.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm not hating on farming, working to get Achievements can be just as fun as usual fighting and tends to involve actual battle and teamwork, hence the reason they are called Achievements. And we'll be derping around anyway, I don't see anything wrong with doing Achievements and fighting on the same server, just saying.

I'm honestly hoping Devin can run the server from his computer without him being home, cause he'll be at work during optimal playing hours for us. I mean, I can run a Hamachi network on a public server so no one without a password can get in, but that's neither as fast or as reliable as a proper private server.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

wow a really mature post there tentacles

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm

BABIES
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Next

Return to General Chat