Spam

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Re: Spam

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I haven't seen Sykes online period in a great while, I'm not sure what's going on there, but the next time I can catch him I'll remind him that he needs to get back on here at some point.
As for the Administrator, I hoping Henry and I poking her for help will bring her back to us, at least partially.
If anyone sees Tom online at any point, don't hesitate to pester her and try to talk. If we can get Tom back into this, I have a feeling we might just get some more plot background.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:I haven't seen Sykes online period in a great while, I'm not sure what's going on there, but the next time I can catch him I'll remind him that he needs to get back on here at some point.
As for the Administrator, I hoping Henry and I poking her for help will bring her back to us, at least partially.
If anyone sees Tom online at any point, don't hesitate to pester her and try to talk. If we can get Tom back into this, I have a feeling we might just get some more plot background.

So I talked to Tom.

8:13 PM - Mintscream: Out of curiosity, what was the original idea behind SR, anywho?
8:14 PM - notebook [VGS]: Mmm? Oh.. just a creepy, horror-based roleplay, with TF2.
8:15 PM - Mintscream: I kinda ment, like, why did the original team go missing, and other than spookey swamp lace, what kinda scary shit there was supposed to be.
8:15 PM - Mintscream: Hahaha, lace
8:15 PM - notebook [VGS]: Oh, why did they go missing?
8:15 PM - notebook [VGS]: Well
8:16 PM - notebook [VGS]: Hmm... lemme remember..
8:16 PM - notebook [VGS]: Well, the team isn't exactly missing, per say. The old team.
8:16 PM - notebook [VGS]: They're still there.
8:16 PM - notebook [VGS]: They just don't.. they can't really /leave/ the base. Or swamp. Probably the base, there's less contacty from society.
8:17 PM - Mintscream: ?
8:17 PM - notebook [VGS]: Most of the old team is dead, died due to radiation, wounds, or excessive mutations. Some survived, and still live around the swamp, not having enough nerve to just end it already.
8:18 PM - notebook [VGS]: You see-to 'help' mutations occur within the soldiers, and to make them 'better' with spliced DNA and all that, the base itself has a healthy dose of rads laying about.
8:19 PM - notebook [VGS]: Of course it's faded a bit, things sink into the swamp well enough, but the residue is still there.
8:19 PM - Mintscream: So should any of us be showing signs of radiation poisoning, or is it too small a dose for that?
8:20 PM - notebook [VGS]: The radiation poisoning will happen, yes. It will take some time to accumulate but by then it would probably be too late.
8:20 PM - notebook [VGS]: There's also that nasty issue of paranormal activity, mostly by the old team. The living and the dead parts, of course

Then I told her about what we've been doing in her absense and she was all, ":o That's awesome!"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Hmm... that DNA augmentation thing Tom mentioned got me thinking:

When the train runs Josif over, I'm going to reveal one of my crazy sub-plots, showing Xavier's origins and such. I won't spoil much, but I will say that Xavier is the result of a suppressed DNA augmentation earlier attempted by the people behind Josif's Payload incident.
If you think real hard about this and Tom's info, it sorta shows why Josif is here when he was in perfect condition to go back into the field prior to Swamp Rat. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:09 pm

And thus, radiation poisoning for all!

8:23 PM - Mintscream: Also if there's radiation enough to poison, I think seven months is long enough to get Connal sick and dead? lol Ah well.
8:24 PM - notebook [VGS]: :P
8:24 PM - notebook [VGS]: I'm thinking to may take years rather then months, considering the rp's pace

Just, y'know. Eventually. lol
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't know how close we'll actually stick to that. Not that it all isn't great fun and stuff, we've just kind of done our own thing while she's been gone XP
Henry Adams

Postby Tentacles » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Connal Reid wrote:And thus, radiation poisoning for all!

8:23 PM - Mintscream: Also if there's radiation enough to poison, I think seven months is long enough to get Connal sick and dead? lol Ah well.
8:24 PM - notebook [VGS]: :P
8:24 PM - notebook [VGS]: I'm thinking to may take years rather then months, considering the rp's pace

Just, y'know. Eventually. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTiBx5A ... re=related

Connal Reid wrote:notebook [VGS]: There's also that nasty issue of paranormal activity, mostly by the old team. The living and the dead parts, of course

We need to start having hauntings like WHOA.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Puffin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, it's more of a general idea than anything. Plus it gives us a starting point to work with, which is what we need more than anything.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Especially BLU Team. If bringing back one of their old teammates isn't a trigger, I don't know what the hell is.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 am

HOLY SHIT CONNAL YOU ARE FUCKING AMAZING CAN I HUG YOU?!!!!
8D

*ahem*
Fantastic work, gentlemen, you have all made me proud.

Anyway, for the radiation: I think we should treat the levels of radiation as near-harmless background in the general battlefield base vicinity, but with pockets of intense or heightened radiation elsewhere in the swamp, resulting in some of the monsters and stuff.
Also, theory for hauntings: The Respawn chips need power, my personal theory is that they take electricity from the brainstem to function in the more normal installments, but radiation is a form of energy as well. Ghosts caused by semi-powered Respawn chips?
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby The Announcer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 pm

I suppose I'd point out that the effects of radiation would be diluted by respawn. Albeit, since nobody's died too much, there would be some kind of buildup.

In other words, to not die you must die! Perfect sense is made.

And I get the feeling death by radiation poisoning would cause respawn to respawn you, with the diluted rads. So you'd be constantly dying, possibly mutating, and respawning with a little while to live before it builds up enough to happen again.

Sounds increasingly grim.

It's also worth noting the original team's death was because they went outside the range of the (somewhat shoddy) respawn setup. I consider the range to be about visible range of Swamp Rat; outside of that, you're most likely not about to respawn on death. Albeit, I am interested in this respawn chip plot I've been reading about.

Would someone fill me in via PM about that?
The Announcer
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:08 am

Ooooo~ Interesting idea for death sequences...
That's be neat to try and incorporate, I like that one. :3

Also, the current Respawn plot is... In flux, so to speak.
The general idea is that teammates have been going missing, either through accidents or getting lost or malfunctions, whatever, ever since the original team was around. Henry's made a device that shows where all the Respawn chips in the systems are, active, inactive, and dormant, and from what I got from it, that same device can be hooked up to the main Respawn system to bring back select individuals, like Enrico.
The others can summarize better, but that's what I've got.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:16 am

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=124

Holy shit this guy has done quite a number on the forums.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah, I'm thinkin' we probably didn' even need to mention ol' Effelsscasp. Pretty sure that it's fairly obvious he's some kinda Brazilian bot.
Anyone speak Portuguese? lol
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Henry Adams » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:37 pm

...COMMENCING POST TERMINATION...
...SPAM POSTS SUCCESSFULLY BALETED...
Henry Adams