General Plotting

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Re: General Plotting

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Robot graveyard! Woo!
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Connal Reid wrote:Robot graveyard! Woo!

Derelict Carrier Tank out in the Swamp anybody? :3c
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
Yes.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:

That, I can deal with. I can imagine Xavier stumbling upon it and scavenging it for weapons and scrap armor and/or turning on the robots again to fight them.

(Seriously, the right Soldier loadout in MvM will almost never die.)
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Okay, seeing as how the robots were deployed in the late 60's/early 70's, and the fact that swamps are fucking horrible places to keep things clean and running nicely, I think it would be pretty much fucking impossible for Xavier to turn the robots on again. Scrap for weapons and armor, sure. But I think outside of being a robotics expert with the right set of tools, nobody is going to be reactivating machines that have been left exposed to the elements (of a swamp for peat's sake) for around twenty years. Hell, I doubt any of the robots would even still be whole. Most likely they're all in pieces.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Anu Laar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I am always down for finding stuff out in the swamp. Nosing around in it is pretty much what Anu does besides give Crabs dirty looks and sleep.
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 pm

That just gave me the mental image of Anu finding a RoboSpy's head and deciding to keep it and this is incredibly funny to me.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Anu Laar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

He would totally do it, too. /nods
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Postby Puffin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Connal Reid wrote:Okay, seeing as how the robots were deployed in the late 60's/early 70's, and the fact that swamps are fucking horrible places to keep things clean and running nicely, I think it would be pretty much fucking impossible for Xavier to turn the robots on again. Scrap for weapons and armor, sure. But I think outside of being a robotics expert with the right set of tools, nobody is going to be reactivating machines that have been left exposed to the elements (of a swamp for peat's sake) for around twenty years. Hell, I doubt any of the robots would even still be whole. Most likely they're all in pieces.

Agreed with mint. Warm, wet environments are probably one of the worst places to keep untreated machines. That's 20 years of being left out to rust. I'm all for people going out and finding junk and scraps, but it's going to be just that. Junk and scraps. You're free to do what you like with it, but just keep it logical for what 20 year old hunks of metal without any maintenance or protection from the elements will do. you could probably make a pretty cool sculpture or just throw it at people
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Puffin wrote:
Connal Reid wrote:Okay, seeing as how the robots were deployed in the late 60's/early 70's, and the fact that swamps are fucking horrible places to keep things clean and running nicely, I think it would be pretty much fucking impossible for Xavier to turn the robots on again. Scrap for weapons and armor, sure. But I think outside of being a robotics expert with the right set of tools, nobody is going to be reactivating machines that have been left exposed to the elements (of a swamp for peat's sake) for around twenty years. Hell, I doubt any of the robots would even still be whole. Most likely they're all in pieces.

Agreed with mint. Warm, wet environments are probably one of the worst places to keep untreated machines. That's 20 years of being left out to rust. I'm all for people going out and finding junk and scraps, but it's going to be just that. Junk and scraps. You're free to do what you like with it, but just keep it logical for what 20 year old hunks of metal without any maintenance or protection from the elements will do. you could probably make a pretty cool sculpture or just throw it at people

robo-scoot legs on a coffee table
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Connal Reid wrote:
Puffin wrote:

robo-scoot legs on a coffee table

Actually, the tanks were equipped to care for and keep track of their inhabitants, so while things would be worn down a likely out of power, and the tank itself would probably be rusted all to heck, there could be a few salvageable bits of robot. So long as they were still inside the tank, out of the majority of the elements.
Not fighting ready, mind you, but in at least marginally running shape.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm also rather certain the tank itself is able to construct new robots, or at least has the equipment for doing so. That's not to say the tank will be able to construct new robots in it's likely current state, just something to keep in mind should anyone decide to rebuild one.

Slap me in the face if I'm wrong.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I can't say whether or not the carrier tanks have the ability to create more robots, but I don't think they'd need to. From the screenshots we got of them before MvM was released, carrier tanks are fucking huge. Like, bigger than a god damned farm house and silo huge. Only other thing I can add to that is using the power of Spectate to fly over and check out the insides of the carrier tanks in some MvM maps, where it just looks like the inside of any cargo hold or carrier anything you would imagine. Plus, there's the whole "all the waves eventually end" thing.

But yeah, that just suggests that they wouldn't need to produce more robots on the spot, not that they wouldn't physically be able to. This is all actually pretty interesting, guys. I like that we can come up with these things that I otherwise wouldn't have spent much time even thinking about.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 am

I think maybe the tanks assemble some robots on site, and have some robots pre-assembled, simply for storage allowances. After all, its easier to pack parts than it is to pack complete pieces, it'd make sense, and there's plenty of space for there to be a small assembly line inside.
Course, non-functioning due to lack of fuel and maintenance and such, but still a capability the tanks might have.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am

Well, of course the construction wouldn't be entirely from scratch. It's probably quite likely that most of the robots they have are pre-assembled, but I just came up with the idea since there is no obvious 'station' that the carrier returns to, to our knowledge. The waves (and therefore, supply of robots form the carrier) end eventually, so either there is some sort of base with a robot production line the carrier retreats to, or the carrier is just falling back to amass it's own supply.

While I'm throwing out ideas, consider this: robot Engineers are absent in MvM. Maybe they just stay in the carrier, building new robots? Of course, they'll be inactive like all the other bots, but if they existed, I think they'd be close to the most fully-assembled bots we'd find, since they wouldn't be quite as exposed to the elements.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Tentacles » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Penultimate Pi wrote:While I'm throwing out ideas, consider this: robot Engineers are absent in MvM. Maybe they just stay in the carrier, building new robots? Of course, they'll be inactive like all the other bots, but if they existed, I think they'd be close to the most fully-assembled bots we'd find, since they wouldn't be quite as exposed to the elements.

NO ROBOT ENGINEERS BECAUSE BLU ENGINEER IS TRAITOR TO TEAM
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am

Tentacles wrote:
Penultimate Pi wrote:While I'm throwing out ideas, consider this: robot Engineers are absent in MvM. Maybe they just stay in the carrier, building new robots? Of course, they'll be inactive like all the other bots, but if they existed, I think they'd be close to the most fully-assembled bots we'd find, since they wouldn't be quite as exposed to the elements.

NO ROBOT ENGINEERS BECAUSE BLU ENGINEER IS TRAITOR TO TEAM

There's actual documented footage of it in game, for serious.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm

It's happened to me, once. It's a hell of a feeling to be blasting away robots, and then to turn around a corner only to see SUDDENLY SENTRY WAT
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm

OKAY SO

I suppose I actually do have more free time than I'm letting on, mainly because I'm spending it trying not to be stressed (for various reason I'm sure you'd rather not hear me droll on about again.) And then I realized 'oh wait, you guys still exist', so now I'm making a comeback.

But first, an overview:

Josif Arcson, RED Soldier (Ghost): Intermittent
Reason: He's a ghost, can't really do much with him. Will appear in Hard Reset, when the players enter Respawn.

Xavier, RED/Renegade Soldier (Undead): Active
Reason: I'm planning a huge plot with him and my other characters, hopefully ending in a boss battle(!)

Adrian Langer, BLU Demoman: Active
Reason: Never mind.

Craig Synathen, Unaligned Medic: Intermittent
Reason: Not created, but I'm fixing that and throwing him and HARA into the plot. (See the edited HARA post)

Who's up for details?
EDITED AS OF 11/21
Last edited by Penultimate Pi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Henry Adams » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkB5-BHxKZI

Gift-party in the shack, peeps. Get yer finely crafted metals while they're here ^^
Henry Adams

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat