General Plotting

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Re: General Plotting

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 am

Gerhard Melsbach wrote:
Connal Reid wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:vivisection roleplay

ALL OF MY YES.

It's really great fun, and fantastic for venting when you feel like shit, seriously.
ATM, the Sniper I'm playing has had his abdomen splayed open, his internal organs played with and his diaphragm slit open, his vocal chords slit and an eye popped from its socket. He's kept from expiring by a low-power MediGun, and there's no pain killer or anesthesia.
And the Medic has so much more planned for him...

*evil cackle*

FUCKING YES.
SERIOUSLY.
I don't know why I love shit like that so much but I totally fucking do.
Mwahaha.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Tentacles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:59 am

Connal Reid wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:It's really great fun, and fantastic for venting when you feel like shit, seriously.
ATM, the Sniper I'm playing has had his abdomen splayed open, his internal organs played with and his diaphragm slit open, his vocal chords slit and an eye popped from its socket. He's kept from expiring by a low-power MediGun, and there's no pain killer or anesthesia.

*evil cackle*

FUCKING YES.
SERIOUSLY.
Mwahaha.

OH SNAP HARDCORE GURO DERP

JUST KIDDING THOUGH I LOVE ALL OF YOU
JUST ARMORED I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON IN THE WORLD INTO THAT
EVERY DAY I FIND OUT SOMETHING NEW AND CREEPY ABOUT YOU PEOPLE

EDIT: ALSO SORRY ABOUT LAST NIGHT (ESP. YOU CONNAL) I FELL ASLEEP AND STEAM WAS HAVING EPELEPTIC FITS
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Tentacles wrote:
Connal Reid wrote:
Gerhard Melsbach wrote:It's really great fun, and fantastic for venting when you feel like shit, seriously.

*evil cackle*

FUCKING YES.
SERIOUSLY.
Mwahaha.

OH SNAP HARDCORE GURO DERP

JUST KIDDING THOUGH I LOVE ALL OF YOU
JUST ARMORED I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON IN THE WORLD INTO THAT
EVERY DAY I FIND OUT SOMETHING NEW AND CREEPY ABOUT YOU PEOPLE

EDIT: ALSO SORRY ABOUT LAST NIGHT (ESP. YOU CONNAL) I FELL ASLEEP AND STEAM WAS HAVING EPELEPTIC FITS

In all honesty, I surprised myself with how much fun I've been having with it.
I'm not usually much of a blood guts and gore kind of person, though I can deal with it better than most of my friend group, but creepy crazy doctors and unwilling patients just hits all of my LET'S FUCKING DO THIS buttons.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 am

12 wrote: If it was possible, Rod would've already taken a few trips to check up on how the little hybrid was managing, but as it stood, sitting around and getting prodded with pens looked like the best he'd be getting. Damn.

Don't worry Rod James will come visit you soon with good news because a certain Spy has found your chip! Of course, it'll be sort of like 'Oh hi Rod we found your chip but we can't do anything with it and by the way i'm dying :C' If anyone else wants to jump in on front porch feel free to.

WHICH REMINDS ME

ENGINEERS

GHOSTS

FIX PLEASE

or at least attempt

also engineers: Henry, is Yvette going to get to use your nervous system as jump rope yet or what?

Also I realized I deleted Jasper's character profile some time ago in a fit of ARKFJNDFSAJKLN. I'll write it up again - needed an overhaul anyway.

Also Jericho what are you doing we were having a civil conversation

we were

Jericho pls go

EDIT: ARMORED. ARMORED IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME SHIT.

HAVE GERHARD TOUCH JAMES' TAIL

DO IT
[
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Tentacles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 am

Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Tentacles » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm

WELL I LOST A TAIL

BTW THAT THREAD'S OPEN IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO STICK THEIR HEAD IN AND GET A FACEFUL OF BLOOD
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I BET JAMES IS WISHING HIS RESPAWN INCIDENTS WERE MORE LIKE 12'S
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Since Tihun's intro thread has been so stagnated that I don't think we're going to get to any kind of resolution with it, let's talk here about the hybrid situation. She's very much not happy about it, but has been talked down into an uneasy, half-truce (possibly after some violence). They stay the hell away from her, and she doesn't send them on a free trip through respawn. She recognizes that the hyenas will bother whoever the fuck they want, so as long as they never come back to her injured, she won't go after anyone they've been playing with. Sound good with everyone?
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Connal Reid wrote:Since Tihun's intro thread has been so stagnated that I don't think we're going to get to any kind of resolution with it, let's talk here about the hybrid situation. She's very much not happy about it, but has been talked down into an uneasy, half-truce (possibly after some violence). They stay the hell away from her, and she doesn't send them on a free trip through respawn. She recognizes that the hyenas will bother whoever the fuck they want, so as long as they never come back to her injured, she won't go after anyone they've been playing with. Sound good with everyone?

Works for me, especially if Gerhard is still allowed to baby and spoil them. He loves dogs. <3
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Connal Reid wrote:Ruth laid in Enrico's lap like a lump, perfectly happy to keep him trapped in place and possibly cause his legs to fall asleep. Now that he actually started petting her, he was amazingly compliant. Good, she wouldn't have to go nipping at his ankles this way.

So apparently I've decided that, while being an enormous cuddle bug, Ruth is vindictive as hell. You refuse to give pets when she demands them, and say hello to a world where getting out of bed can be met with a flash of teeth going for your legs. Seems like a shitty way to start the day. I don't actually know if hyenas would be able to remember that much, but fuggit, it's fiction and more fun this way. I think it's an entertaining way to balance out her domestic lovemepetmelovemepetme side with her "I'm actually a fucking wild animal raised by a gigantic bitch that hates people" side.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Tentacles » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 am

Okay LADIES I have an idea as to why nobody is ever sure of the fucking day (besides we're lazy shits)

Swamp Rat is a time sinkhole. No fuckin' bare with me for a goddamn minute.

Time is relative. Maybe Swamp Rat exists in a time anomoly, slowing down or speeding up in comparison to time in the outside world. What's weeks in real time is days in SR and visa versa.

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL HORROR IS

THE REAL HORROR

IS TIME DISPLACEMENT

OH GOD EVERYONE RUN chttychitchitchttychitchitchttychitchit *trombone downswing, blackout to title*
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Tentacles wrote:Okay LADIES I have an idea as to why nobody is ever sure of the fucking day (besides we're lazy shits)

Swamp Rat is a time sinkhole. No fuckin' bare with me for a goddamn minute.

Time is relative. Maybe Swamp Rat exists in a time anomoly, slowing down or speeding up in comparison to time in the outside world. What's weeks in real time is days in SR and visa versa.

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL HORROR IS

THE REAL HORROR

IS TIME DISPLACEMENT

OH GOD EVERYONE RUN chttychitchitchttychitchitchttychitchit *trombone downswing, blackout to title*

Caused by the radioactivity sunken into the environment and the various malfunctioning equipment around base?
Can we call this fucking awesome and then implement it somehow? I dunno how to make it work, but it would be AWESOME.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

lol The only reason Connal doesn't know the date is because he doesn't really want too, anymore. Because screw calendars.

But this is actually cool sounding.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Puffin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Shit Tenty, I dunno if we have enough knowledge of physics to make this work properly. idk if time travel shenanigans can work in this setting??

In other news, phone's workin, phone calls might actually be a thing that is happening
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, I'd partly blame the lack of time recognition due to boredom, inactivity and inability to see the sky (there's not really much natural light coming in from the massive canopy overhead).

But a time-space distortion using the radioactivity in the swamp? Considering how the TF2niverse is pretty much an alternate history where Australia becomes a global superpower, radioactive isotopes are put into energy drinks and teleporters the size of a doormat made out of scrap metal exist:

It'd be crazy enough to work.
What I would say, though, is that we need to suggest how exactly time is altered in the swamp ingame. Does it go faster, or slower? Does the speed fluctuate at all? Is the backdating on threads actually chronologically canon due to the past being in the future?

In the same vein, we need to know if this is permanent. If we can fix up both Respawn systems and drain the radiation out of the swamp, does the time anomaly disappear? Or is it going to persist no matter what we do?

Time is complex, people. The easy way out is just not to meddle with it in the first place. (Not to disourage you, or anything.)

"Say, Pi, while you're here, why don't you updat-"
lolno, homework
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Penultimate Pi wrote:Is the backdating on threads actually chronologically canon due to the past being in the future?

Oh god, that would fuck with my head so much.
I like not having to worry about shit like this when making a nice, neat little linear Timeline. :V
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Connal Reid wrote:
Penultimate Pi wrote:Is the backdating on threads actually chronologically canon due to the past being in the future?

Oh god, that would fuck with my head so much.
I like not having to worry about shit like this when making a nice, neat little linear Timeline. :V

Good point.
As the Doctor would say- Wibbley wobbly timey wimey... Stuff. 8|
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm

If something like this is going to happen - and i want it made clear that i am doing SO MUCH WORK TO NOT IMMEDIATELY SAY NO - then there do need to be rules for it. First and foremost being, what happens if we can stop it? I don't know about you, but on the ridiculous off chance that we made it to such a point, I wouldn't mind doing a big fuck-off millennial SR celebration. That's just me though, cause I rely partially on following a general tech-development timeline.

On the other hand, if we were just constantly looping through the nineties, that means swamp-rat is effectively an experimental breeding ground for technology, where an endless amount of development can happen in the same ten years of existence.

(Yes i realise that's probably way too much thought to put into it, but I KNOW YOU GUYS LIKE CONSPIRACY THEORIES DON'T LIE MKAY?)
Henry Adams

Postby Tentacles » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 pm

i meant this more as a joke when i didnt have enough sleep goddamn henry stop being henry

you could say the same thing happened in the 1960s with the 'canon' characters oh god

this is just something the companies do

also i love you all but if this makes it to ten years i will personally deep fry you all an entire goddamn cow
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Considering the complexity of the device being proposed and all of the thought and effort that would need to be put into the mechanic outside the actual development of plot, I think we should put this on the backburner for the time being until we're absolutely certain that we want to mess around with it.

On the other hand, we do still have that idea for finding robots in the swamp, and that one is pretty straightforward...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat