General Plotting

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Re: General Plotting

Postby Penultimate Pi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Alright, something on my end needs to get done, clearly. I've been ghosting way too much already (if you pardon the pun), and I think it's time I put that one idea of mine into action.

Time to be frank: I want two people kidnapped. Preferably a Medic or other healing-type and someone good with crafting weaponry (Engie, Demo, maybe another Soldier). If you looked real closely at the end of my last sentence, you may realize that I'm implying that Xavier, our renegade zombie Soldier, will be doing the (dis)honors here. And he will be.

Since we've got a hurricane incoming, I might use that chaos as the time to strike. No, I'm not going to blatantly walk out in the middle of a hurricane, grab two random people and drag them all the way back to a likely half-flooded basement (as cool as that might be. Hell, having a battle in a hurricane!?) The best strike, thinking logically, would be after the storm has just stopped. Or better yet, when it seems like it; if Swamp Rat ends up in the eye of our tropical storm, the brief period of rest could quickly go bad as a Soldier busts in and drags away two allies, unable to be pursued due to the again rising storm.

But I dunno. We'd have to plan around that. So, input?

P.S. We haven't used the robot-crawler idea yet; in-character, we haven't even discovered it. Why not use that as a shelter for Xavier's totally unethical plans?
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm

@Pi:
Funny thing you should mention the carrier. We were actually planning on directing the event so people would take shelter inside of it. But the situation's actually a lot more complex.

Well, alright, I can't really explain this too much, since a lot of this is a surprise. But the hurricane event is part of a much larger, in-depth series of events. And when I say big, I mean REALLY big. We (the admins) have actually spent hours and hours working on this. It has structure and a story. We wrote shit down and collaborated together to make things. We can't tell you what it is, but it will begin happening in about a week or so, once we've let the hurricane event run its course (SO GO POST IN IT HOLY BALLS, ALL OF YOU).

Pi, I haven't forgotten about your story ideas and arcs, I promise. But we have been struggling to get our collective shit together, and we've come up with something we think that everyone will hopefully enjoy. So right now I am going to have to ask you to use the kidnapping plot thread for another situation, or something like that. I understand you're probably tired of being told to wait, and that it's frustrating, but we really have something good here. Thanks for posting in the event, btw.

(THE REST OF YOU GET ON IT OR I WILL MESSAGE YOU ON STEAM UNTIL YOU DO)
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Right, I understand. I'll keep my compulsive ideas on hold, then. I do want to do one thing during the event, though:

Craig's been dying to be introduced, so I at least want to try and do that; have him walking in on our mercs, not aware that there's a hurricane in his wake. Maybe he could discover the carrier first and lead people to it, I don't know. I'd be totally fine if you shot this down, too, because juggling 3 character would be kind of a challenge anyways, but I would like some semblance that I'm making progress in this forum sooner or later.

Other than that, go ahead. I would ask exactly what will happen (mainly because my impulsive storytelling self wants to tie it in with my own arc somehow), but I can see you want to do your own thing after SR being in a half-coma for awhile.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Penultimate Pi wrote:Right, I understand. I'll keep my compulsive ideas on hold, then. I do want to do one thing during the event, though:

Craig's been dying to be introduced, so I at least want to try and do that; have him walking in on our mercs, not aware that there's a hurricane in his wake. Maybe he could discover the carrier first and lead people to it, I don't know. I'd be totally fine if you shot this down, too, because juggling 3 character would be kind of a challenge anyways, but I would like some semblance that I'm making progress in this forum sooner or later.

Other than that, go ahead. I would ask exactly what will happen (mainly because my impulsive storytelling self wants to tie it in with my own arc somehow), but I can see you want to do your own thing after SR being in a half-coma for awhile.

Yes, you can introduce Craig. There's a possibility he might've noticed the weather getting bad and took shelter in the carrier so we bump into him then, but either way is up to you. Just keep the details vague until we're a bit more concrete on your plot, ok? Right now for all we know he's just some dude who got lost in the swamp.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:19 pm

HELLO

ANYONE ALIVE HERE
I DON'T MEAN TO ENCROACH ON ANY SUMMER PLANS YOU HAVE BUT WE WERE ACTIVE AGAIN FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS AND NOW IT'S A GHOST TOWN AGAIN
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

God, I dunno. I'll go check around again. Hopefully it's just the summer heat or something and people can be poked...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Penultimate Pi wrote:HELLO

ANYONE ALIVE HERE
I DON'T MEAN TO ENCROACH ON ANY SUMMER PLANS YOU HAVE BUT WE WERE ACTIVE AGAIN FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS AND NOW IT'S A GHOST TOWN AGAIN
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT

MAN I HAVE NO IDEA I'VE BEEN BOTHERING PEOPLE WHEN I CAN BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON ANYMORE

HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL TAKE A TURN FOR THE BETTER

CAPS LOCK

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I THINK THE REAL ANSWER IS BECAUSE SEVERAL PEOPLE (INCLUDING MYSELF) WERE HAVING SOME ACTUAL SERIOUS REAL LIFE PROBLEMS AND IT JUST WAS INTERFERING WITH EVERYTHING. SOME OF THOSE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED NOW SO HOPEFULLY IT'LL GET BETTER.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:13 am

hi, i guess
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi!

So now there's at least one more person checking this place every so often, aside from me an' Armored.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Well, I suppose checking every so often won't do us the most good if we're not expecting anyone. I don't suppose we can advertise the site in any way?
I kept hearing stuff about updating the site with new designs and framework, but it seems it has not happened now or will happen anytime soon. Not to shame anyone, but the extent of this roleplay is reaching the end of it's rope, especially considering how selective the subject is and the lack of major story in [unwilling] favor of individual developments. There nothing wrong with this at all, but if we have no main inspiration to go upon, we can't make our characters react and develop, ESPECIALLY when we have more characters than players (and we don't have a lot of players anymore).
I'll try and attract attention, but I'm not sure there's much that can be done short of an entire reboot, universal or otherwise.

...that was not a coherent train of thought.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 am

I tried to get one of my friends to join, and he did act like he was interested, but I haven't heard back from him regarding this place at all.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Tentacles » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:41 am

tfw you check in on Swamp Rat and a Pyro has gone fucking crazy

If this is the way it all ends I can live with that.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Connal Reid » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:50 am

That video was fucking beautiful, oh my god.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby 12 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 am

fUCK MY ASS i completely missed anything happening, college started and i died a little.
but hello yes i'm here what's good
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to General Chat