ABSENCE - LIMITED AVAILABILITY LISTING

Where we go to introduce ourselves, post memes, other things of the relatively same nature. Discuss whatever here.

Re: ABSENCE - LIMITED AVAILABILITY LISTING

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Marshall Ames wrote:Okay, I'm calling it.
I seem to be really focused elsewhere lately. Partly school starting again, partly other RP things taking off.
I like it here, and I may well come back/stay, but I figured I'd put that on the table.

Thank you for the head's up, Ames, I really hope you can get things sorted so you can come by again sometime soon.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 pm

so uh

guess who just got a job

Thaaaat means that I will not be able to sit in front of the laptop for all eternity! I will also have to sleep like a normal person! I'll be a bit sparse until my schedule settles into place, unfortunately. Should be off most Wednesdays and Saturdays, though a block of that will likely be spent sleeping. SO YEAH.
Lieutenant

Postby Penultimate Pi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm

In case it wasn't obvious enough, I'm bogged down with a lot of school stuff. That's what I get for joining a choice school, I suppose, but I think it'll be worth the while.

I'll still check the site, but don't expect me to post much at all.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Puffin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 pm

So I thought I was going to have the opportunity during thanksgiving break to catch up on things. But my miserable cunt of a typography teacher decided that he was going to assign a project to be done over thanksgiving break while a) i will be away and won't have access to the program I need to complete it and b) will be getting my wisdom teeth removed. So I guess that's out the window.

But i do actually have things i want to do plot wise, but they're going to be put on the backburner until either the semester slows down or when I stop having mental breakdowns, whichever comes first.

I promise I will keep any of my own outstanding threads tagged. But the only thing I ask of everyone else is to keep things moving while my posting is limited. If Hard Reset doesn't get completed, assume respawn is up and running and things are peachy in that regard. Just keep things moving, the lack of activity is worrying.

Armored and Henry, expect more coherent plans sometime in the near future. It will happen, and I think you'll like it.

Thanks for being patient with me, everyone.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Puffin wrote:So I thought I was going to have the opportunity during thanksgiving break to catch up on things. But my miserable cunt of a typography teacher decided that he was going to assign a project to be done over thanksgiving break while a) i will be away and won't have access to the program I need to complete it and b) will be getting my wisdom teeth removed. So I guess that's out the window.

But i do actually have things i want to do plot wise, but they're going to be put on the backburner until either the semester slows down or when I stop having mental breakdowns, whichever comes first.

I promise I will keep any of my own outstanding threads tagged. But the only thing I ask of everyone else is to keep things moving while my posting is limited. If Hard Reset doesn't get completed, assume respawn is up and running and things are peachy in that regard. Just keep things moving, the lack of activity is worrying.

Armored and Henry, expect more coherent plans sometime in the near future. It will happen, and I think you'll like it.

Thanks for being patient with me, everyone.

Thank you so much for the Head's up, Puff.
I really hope things work out soon and you'll be able to come and play more often, but until such time that things get sorted, we'll miss you and we'll be thinking about you.
Me, personally, I'm trying to get back into the group chat more often before/after work, so maybe that will help things get going again if we can get everybody chattering again.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:20 pm

HEY GUESS WHAT. My internet is being a whiny SOB right now. It's only letting me through to webpages 1/10 times that i try, but for some reason skype and steam still work. it's confusing and terrifying. more importantly though, it means i'm having a little trouble getting onto the site right now, and i sincerely hope it keeps working long enough to post this.
Henry Adams

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm having almost the opposite of Henry's problem right now! I played with my laptop a bit in a place where I had no internet access, and now Steam is acting like I have no internet access at all ever. I'm gonna fuck around with it a bit and try to see if I can't get it working again without having to uninstall it.

And if anyone feels like I've been more ghosting than actually here, well, sorry. Done a lot of work, and a lot of errands, and for a while I was just plum exhausted (possibly because my sleep schedule also got fucked all to hell). I've finally had a couple of days rest, and... Well, there doesn't really seem to be anything that's waiting on me for a reply, so I suppose I'll figure something out for the event. Never got to experience a hurricane, though, but hey! Neither have Tihun or Connal. I think I'll just make up something for Connal first, though. My head's still a little frizzled...
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby 12 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

hey wow guys
SO I am not dead yet, as...well, this post and that other one indicate. I've just had a shit time lately which involved a few weeks of not being in a good place, almost Hulk smashing my manager, tossing in my notice, and prepping for my big ol' continent hopping thing. I've gone and dithered some on things for my guys here, which involved some basic redesigning of...well, just 12 and Kurt for now. I might go through and overhaul some stuff for the other guys, but. The changes aren't big or anything, it's just some refining to appearances and some simplification in areas I've kind of jumped the shark on. Because I am fairly certain I have, somewhere.

anyway. tl;dr I'm attempting to come back. yeah.
Lieutenant

Postby 12 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

'SUP GUYS
I'm going continent hopping from tomorrow to the sixteenth! Will be visiting family in Spain, and will not have internet for the duration of the trip. But that's okay, because I'll have a sketchbook.
Will be around slightly today, but not likely. See you all when I get back!
Lieutenant

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 am

Holy crap, I feel like a dick.

I know I haven't been around much lately, and I apologize profusely for being so negligent. Combination of life issues with mild Brutal Legend addiction, I literally haven't been doing anything but playing that game and occasionally watching anime for the past few weeks.
The hype of it all is starting to wind down, I should be on more.

Again, I am so, so sorry for not being here, I effed up and forgot way too much stuff these past couple weeks.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:59 pm

That was a real assy thing I did, but I'm back.

Various events kept me from speaking with anyone, and it became harder and harder to figure out how to come back.

You may line up single file to deliver gut punches.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Henry Adams » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Some of us were convinced that you were dead. You may take that as you wish. You may also give us real contact information so we don't have to go through that again.
Henry Adams

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:10 pm

I won't be so goddamn evasive in the future. Without being so dramatic, I kind of wished I was dead.

Wondering how I'm going to jump into the newest event. Jasper probably doesn't give a shit about the hurricane. The other one will be more of a challenge.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Tentacles wrote:I won't be so goddamn evasive in the future. Without being so dramatic, I kind of wished I was dead.

Wondering how I'm going to jump into the newest event. Jasper probably doesn't give a shit about the hurricane. The other one will be more of a challenge.

Well, peeps are probably going to get caught up in the generating panic, and I have a feeling that RED base is going to take the brunt of the damage due to it's piece-meal nature, so take that as you will.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Hey so, this is a little early, but i wanted you guys to know, in almost exactly a month and a half, I'll be moving AGAIN, but this time on my own power. I'm returning to my Washington state stomping grounds, and starting university courses and other adult stuff like getting an apartment. August 16th I leave, but I'll try to have everything back up and running by the 18th. As usual, I can check in on my cell, but it's really hard to post replies on that thing, so I'll be able to read stuff, but my responses might be delayed.
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Henry Adams wrote:Hey so, this is a little early, but i wanted you guys to know, in almost exactly a month and a half, I'll be moving AGAIN, but this time on my own power. I'm returning to my Washington state stomping grounds, and starting university courses and other adult stuff like getting an apartment. August 16th I leave, but I'll try to have everything back up and running by the 18th. As usual, I can check in on my cell, but it's really hard to post replies on that thing, so I'll be able to read stuff, but my responses might be delayed.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BUDDY GONNA BE BACK IN TOWN!!!
8D
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 pm

howdy folks I am gonna just leave this here
SO I uh
appear to have started getting myself into a relationship or something??? Sort of? That and recent explosion of events has led to my untimely vanishing from here. While I do have a date tomorrow and will not be present, I will be gunning at tags the day after and...all the way after. Yeha.

curls up and dies
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to General Chat