Consequences will Never be the Same (Intro, Open)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Consequences will Never be the Same (Intro, Open)

Postby Puffin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 am

"Y'see, dat's de t'ing. No one knows why we ain't battlin'. Almos' everyone here who comes in new an' finds out we don't fight each other asks de same questions. Dis ain't a normal base, I can tell y' dat much. People are jus' sent here wit'out regard to deir class or not'in'. We have almos' no contact wit' de outside world. But even after all dis time we got no real answer."

Madison hesitated for quite some time. She had to be careful how to word this. She wasn't sure if Tihun had experience with hybrids or even knew they existed. But she was going to need to find out at some point, and this was the opportunity for it. "Y' remember de crab man, who was crawlin' about when I found you? He's a lab accident of some sort. Probably some scientist somewhere got tired of him and dropped him out here, 'cause he ain't on eit'er team."

She looked down at the steps, studying the knots in the wood, searching on how to continue. She finally looked back up at the new heavy and leaned in closer, her voice lower than before. "He actually ain't de firs' of his kind. We've had two ot'er creatures like him, bot' of dem bigger an' meaner. Crab man is harmless, all he cares about is smokes an' askin' for food. But dese two were huge. Dey attacked people an' tried t' eat dem. People on bot' teams got hurt. Ask our engineer, he got his leg bit off by one."

She sat back again, sighing and picking out some mud from underneath her fingernails. "Dis is a lot of information, I know, and it don't make no sense, I know. But I can try my best t' tell y'all de details, t'ough dere are other teammates who might do a better job an' can answer questions better."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Inside and down the hall, Tihun's wayward hyena would find a door left cracked open, the gap just wide enough to make a cross breeze with the open window across the room and just about the perfect size for a curious canine muzzle to poke in.
Gerhard looked up from his paperwork covered desk, brow furrowed as he looked to the door.
Was there something...?
Probably just Gray out for a stroll, the big dog did that sometimes. Though where he went... No idea.
The TentaMedic stared a moment longer, then shook his head, going back to filling out yet another packet of paperwork that had been faxed to him that morning. There was less of it then there had been about 2 weeks about, the Company having finally noticed that there was the same signature on 4 sets of documentation, so there was only one packet for him to fill out for medical purposes. But there were seven for the Leader.
He groaned, rubbing a hand across his face before setting aside his pen and leaning back in his chair.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 pm

This was insane. No contact with anyone outside the base? "There is no phone?" It would be stupid to ask about a mail system, since apparently not even the delivery boats were running. And if that wasn't enough, apparently the demons were created in labs by men. By the sounds of things, she was right to be so defensive, even if the one in particular she met wasn't any worse than a stray cat. "This is very strange," Tihun agreed. There had to be some sort of reason for them to send anyone out here to begin with. Still, the no fighting thing had to be the most alien concept so far. That would be like putting a half-starved, stray cat into a room full of pet mice, and expecting all of those mice to live. Well, maybe not quite, but still. "It is not right to treat employees this way." If ever the chance came for her to talk to someone about this, they would sure as hell get an earful.

Meanwhile, the ever curious Saidah wandered about, following her nose and sticking it through the first open door she came across. There was a strange smell, that seemed to be some awkward combination of human, water, and something that might be food. The tamed predator hesitated a moment, a little confused by the scents, and decided to just screw it and go see what it was for herself. What she found inside certainly looked human, but also seemed to be a little... off. It also didn't seem to be paying any attention to her, so she fixed that by letting out a short "whoop."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Puffin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:23 pm

"Dere is a phone," said Madison, slumping against the railing and stretching her feet out. "I dunno if it's jus' dat it don't work, or if de line is disconnected or whatever. Probably ask Henry, he's de engineer. Eit'er way de swamp is already isolated, but we're even more so."

He expression did brighten at the other woman's second comment considerably. She smiled with excitement and more then a little pride. "Yeah, of course dey should. But dey're assholes. An' we gotta suffer for it." She sat up straight again, looking rather pleased. "But y' understand me, an' I explained it okay? I'm glad."

Their conversation was interrupted by the whoop of one of the hyenas coming from inside. "Looks like one o' yer girls found somet'in'. Might wanna get her befo' someone freaks out about a hyena wanderin' around wit'out an owner."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Gerhard jerked up straight at the noise, nearly knocking his glasses from his face and spending an embarrassing few moments fumbling with the eyewear before managing to put them back on his face. Internally thankful no one was around to see his little muck up, he glanced around for the source of the noise.
Only to freeze upon glimpsing the hyena.
He knew what it was, he'd read up on various species in moments of down time while working at the facility, mostly just to be better prepared in case someone made something. But he'd never expected to see a real one up close and personal, especially not in this swamp, in his office.
But... So long as it was...
The TentaMedic slowly rose upright, keeping his motions calm and controlled to keep from spooking the animal, edging around the far side of his desk. When the pseudo-canine didn't come running at him or flee, he took a deep breath and shifted down in a close approximation to a kneeling position, pulling off one of his gloves before hesitantly offering his bare hand.
"Hallo... I von't hurt you..."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Tihun nodded. It was true that BLU didn't always have the best track record of fairly treating their employees, but some, like her, probably didn't deserve much. Still, this went well beyond what she was used to putting up with. Hearing Saidah, she grinned. "Yes, you have a point... Not everyone is so brave." The shorter Heavy called over Ruth, then lead the way inside. It would be easy to follow after her pet, if the muddy paw prints were any indication.

If Saidah wasn't sure what to make of Gerhard by scent alone, the sight, at least, was reassuring. It looked human, it moved like a human, and it definitely sounded human. The offered hand was the final confirmation. The young hyena gave the fingers a few licks, and moved in closer, happy for the attention. Though the scents were almost off-putting, everything else was making up for it.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

sorry for the short post, trying to keep things moving

Postby Puffin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Madison simply shrugged at the mention of bravery. "I t'ink dat's jus' 'cause I saw y'all from far away, didn't get spooked or not'in'." She got up herself and headed inside after the other woman, ready to finally get her situated. The muddy pawprints didn't escape her eye either. They headed inside and turned sharply for the first door to the infirmary. That meant Gerhard was or was going to be meeting a new hyena. Hopefully too much damage hadn't been done and the medic hadn't freaked out or anything. She hadn't heard any high pitched screaming, so the prognosis was good.

"Hey, Ger," she called out, poking her head in through the door. "We got a new teammate. She brought pets."
Puffin
Site Admin

Who's a good dog, hmm? Yes, you are, you're a good dog!

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 pm

"Wer ist der gute Hund, hmmm? Ja, du bist, du bist eine gute Hund!"
The Medic was on the floor, grinning from ear to ear and practically cooing as he lavished attention on the stray hyena, a few cautious pets having developed into some gentle ear scratching that was now a full body rub down of affection. He'd always had a bit of an affinity for animals, had since he was small, and though he claimed to love all animals equally...
Dogs were always, ALWAYS his favorite.
And at times like this, it really showed.

He was in the middle of a particularly long belly rub when he heard Madison speak up, straightening in a rather startled manner. Blue eyes darted from the hyena to the door, and the doctor promptly blushed to his ears.
"Uhmm... I noticed."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

More tummy rubs, I say!

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Saidah was laying on her back, her mouth open and looking like she could be grinning. Whenever a hand (or really, any part of Gerhard's arm) got near enough, she'd give it a few licks before it moved on. When the petting stopped, she looked up to the doctor, head tilted to the side. She rolled to her feet, and nudged Gerhard's hand wither her nose, trying to get him to pet her again.

Tihun followed in after Madison, and just had to laugh at the sight. This man, a medic by the look of things, actually blushing because he was having fun with a hyena? In her experience, most people outside of Harar were just happy they weren't being eaten alive. Of course, her girls weren't usually covered in mud, so maybe that had something to do with it. "I see you are making friends with my Saidah," she began. The shorter Heavy felt something press against her leg, and continued with the introductions. "I am Tihun, and the little one next to me is Ruth."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Previous

Return to The Docks