The World is My Ashtray [James, Rod]

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

tiny is ok sometimes

Postby Puffin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Len Feng tried to stop her expression from falling, but to no avail. Oh dear, this just made things a thousand times more complicated. She knew that the bases had clearly been around for a long time, but what had happened in the first place? She had a feeling she was about to find out, and an even stronger feeling that it was going to be unpleasant.
Biting her lip, she looked down at the ground, and then back up at the ghost, swallowing. "T-the year..." there was no good way to break this type of news. "The year is 199X."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: The World is My Ashtray [James, Rod]

Postby 12 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 pm

"Ahaha, what? No. Just...no. You're pulling my leg." Rod chuckled, shaking his head and leaning back. There was no way that wasn't some kind of joke. "I get it, I get it, it's fun to mess with people who don't know different. You got me. Now that we've had our fun, how about telling me what year it actually is?" He ran his more-intact hand through his hair, flicking a few loose strands back into place. Yes, he was dead, but that didn't mean he had to look bad. There really was no excuse for that, even if there were some things he couldn't mess with, as far as he knew. "C'mon. What about you, man? You wanna go ahead and run a date by me, see if you can pull one over too?" He grinned, propping himself up against the concrete and getting comfortable. What did they think he was, a buck newbie? Just because he was dead didn't mean he hadn't been around the loop a few times before. He liked to think he knew when he was getting pranked, and this was definitely ringing as one of those times. No way he was wrong.
Lieutenant

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Hurm. He didn't seem to be taking this well.

The Pyro's throat inflated with a rather loud intake, but fortunately he was able to avoid squeaking. "She's not trying to fuck with you, its really 199X." it was unfortunate they didn't have any way of proving it offhand, not that the ghost would have believed a calendar or the like anyway.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Puffin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Feng sighed, reaching into her pouch and taking out the pack of cigarettes and her lighter. She said nothing at first, simply lighting it and taking a drag, avoiding eye contact with the ghost. When she finally did look up at him, she could offer nothing more than an apologetic and slightly guilty look.
"It's true."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby 12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

"You've gotta be kidding me. There's--How in the hell can I have been dead for that long? I would've respawned or something. Twenty ye--No. No no no, that is NOT it." He stood up, storming off to a little bit away before whirling back around, visibly agitated now. "So you mean to tell me that it's been that long? How could that happen? I mean, I guess that would kind of make some sense, what with how the buildings went to shit, but no. There's gotta be some kind of logical explanation for that, and I haven't been dead for twenty years and just--"

That was it, he was done. Rod whipped his sunglasses off and threw them down, the eyewear in question disappearing almost as soon as it left his hand. He'd faded out a good bit since he'd started ranting, now settling at a sort of vague 'something might be there' sort of transparency as he just sank right back into that same pile of rubble he'd come out of.
Lieutenant

Ghost, I...

Postby Tentacles » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:25 pm

The salamander wasn't quite sure what he was trying to accomplish by establishing the date with the ghost, but it definitely wasn't this. Now he just felt like a jerk. Worst of all, there didn't seem to be any way to salvage the situation, except to let the dead Heavy wander off and try to sort things out.

He turned to Feng, an apologetic frown visible from under the rolled up mask. "Well, that went well."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Puffin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Feng said nothing. She gave the other pyro a guilty look, taking the cigarette out of her mouth and exhaling a cloud of smoke. She really wished she could help him, but she knew about as much as the situation as he did. Finishing her smoke, she tossed it on the fire, getting up to gather some more kindling for the fire. She was silent as she built up the flames, taking solace in the warm glow and heat.

The flames had grown considerably brighter and higher by the time she was satisfied. She looked once more at the salamander, taking a deep breath before walking over to where the ghost was sitting, rubber suit squeaking all the way. She stopped several feet away from him, searching for words. "E-excuse me..." she said in a soft voice. "I'm sorry. Are you going to be okay?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 pm

"Y'know, being incorpore-whatever sucks. I really feel like kicking shit, but I'd just go through it or some other bullshit. Seriously." His image flickered for a brief moment before gathering back together, the sunglasses now back in their usual place and a vaguely disgusted look on his face. Every time that happened, it always left him feeling sort of sick. He'd thought that maybe being a ghost would mean that that wouldn't be a problem, but he'd been wrong. Somebody ought to write a pamphlet or something on the undead-style afterlife. Rod took a deep breath, doing his best to settle down and not snap at Feng. That would just be rude, and that was something you didn't be to a lady, ghost or not. "Okay. So it's 199X right now, right? You're not just trying to fuck with me?" He still wasn't entirely convinced. The Pyros didn't really look like they were lying, which was kind of disturbing. He spared himself a quick glance down to find that he was still nowhere near the usual level of opaqueness, and he muttered under his breath, ignoring that for now. He was visible, and that was good enough for right now.
Lieutenant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHtzTMvh4Y

Postby Tentacles » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 pm

EDITORS NOTE: I FUCKIN LOVE TIME PARADOXES

"I think its been pretty well established we're not trying to fuck with you. Honest."

The salamander wandered over to the ghost, looking a bit sheepish and apologetic. "Listen though, I might be able to get our doc out here to see what he can do. He seemed to think he can help the ghost back at the warehouse...uh...well was back at the warehouse." the Pyro was wringing his hands. Why hadn't he mentioned this earlier? Must have been nerves. "He was able to get his respawn chip outta his corpse and now there's a ghost floatin' around the RED base."

"So its not completely fucked up. We could at least get you out of here."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Puffin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

[authors note: i dont know what is going on anymore]

Lan Feng frowned. "I just got here a week ago. Why would I lie, especially since I know less about what is going on than you? Ghosts and monsters... both things I was pretty certain a week ago didn't exist." She sighed, shoulders drooping. The fire did make her feel a bit better, at least.

She was relieved when the other pyro began to talk, however. "So, your doctor... does he have a better idea of what is going on? And you said he can help this man here?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 am

"Man, I don't fuckin' know. That isn't exactly material for easy believing." Rod grumbled, exasperated. "And you have no idea how up for that I am. Problem is, I have no idea where my b--chip IS. Kinda died in water, so." It could pass for a 'kinda' until the whole part where he got mauled by something that might have been a gator (or two) brought up. That sort of foiled that. The RED did seem mildly amused at Lan Feng's comment on ghosts, giving a dry chuckle at that. "I didn't even think this shit was possible. Figured I was just gonna pop right back up in my base, but I think we figured out how well that went. Still not entirely sure how I wound up in the other team's warehouse, though." Combined with his general lack of knowledge relating to where his chip could be (aside from maybe somewhere terrible and wet), that didn't make things any easier.
Lieutenant

should we start wrapping this up soon ladies?

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 am

EDITORS NOTE: Feng I'm sorry we'll get you a real fire someday, without ghosts and drama and exposition and shit

The salamander considered what the hapless ghost had said. "We could always go looking for it - your chip, I mean. Couple of the people here are uh, aquatically inclined." present fucking company included, but admitting that would just raise even further questions at the moment he didn't feel like dealing with. "Would be fucking cake...thing is nobody's going in the swamp with that thing in the water. " ANOTHER goddamn reason to take care of that shit - as if they needed anymore.
Tentacles
Colonel

a couple more rounds should do it

Postby Puffin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Lan Feng looked back at the other pyro. "This monster... how big is it? And has anyone thought of a way to get rid of it? How long has it been here anyway?" Obviously it must have been of considerable size and strength, seeing as it was keeping everyone away from the water.

"And do you think you could ask your doctor to help out... ah..." she looked at the ghost. None of them had introduced themselves. "What is your name?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

"Rod. RED Heavy, though that's probably pretty obvious." He stood up, looking down at the Pyros again. Man, he hadn't seen small Pyros before. It was kind of weird. The last ones he'd dealt with had been a good bit closer to his own height than these two, especially the hybrid. "So. I'm really hoping you over there come back with your doc sometime, because I don't really have that much to look forward to at the present time." The ghost pointed at James, already trying to mentally calculate his chances. "I also have to take it on your word. That's a bit risky, but hell, what all choice do I have here? You know what's goin' on, for one, and you can actually get more than forty feet away from this damn scrap heap." Rod was not convinced that this was a good idea.

He walked over to the smaller Pyro, leaning down to get to James's level and pushing his sunglasses down to look him directly in the eye. "Don't make me come back and possess your ass, Slick. Got it?" With what would've been a pat on the shoulder if he wouldn't have sound up swiping right through the Pyro, Rod turned on his heel, heading back over to the pile and walkin through it to where he was just barely visible. "Anything else we need to go over? You can give her the info on the swamp bastard, because it's kind of useless for me." To put it bluntly, anyway.
Lieutenant

I WILL SHOW YOU THE WORLD

Postby Tentacles » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:47 am

Oh wow that felt horrible. When the ghost's hand fell through him, it took all his willpower to keep from squeaking (again), although some minor flailing did ensue. Rapidly, however, the slippery arsonist regained his composure. "You have my word, Rod, for whatever the hell that's worth." weren't they both REDs? Maybe that didn't mean as much as it used to.

As for the BLU...christ, there was an awful lot to explain, wasn't there? "Come on Hammertime, let's leave the goddamn Heavy ghost to haunt in peace. Your fire's flickerin' out anyway. I'll tell you everything we know about the stupid thing."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Puffin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm

The BLU pyro frowned at the ghost's sudden rudeness, but she didn't say anything. She supposed he had a reason to be upset, being dead for twenty years, but that was a little uncalled for. She let it go, however, simply moving toward the other pyro. It was probably an empty thread anyway, judging by how effective his 'attacks' were in the first place.

"Lan Feng," she said, correcting her RED counterpart. "My name is Lan Feng. Or just Feng." She managed a small smile. "But... I would appreciate it if you could tell me what is going on."
Puffin
Site Admin

sparkling shimmering splenda

Postby Tentacles » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 pm

"I've been tryin' to tell you, Miss Feng, honest to god. This shit's so crazy sometimes I don't believe it myself. And the name's James." the shoved up mask was starting to get tight around his face, not to mention having the lenses pushed up made it impossible to see anything clearly. "Dammit, hang on a minute...don't, uh, freak out or anything." the last time he actively unmasked for someone ended with a minor shitfit. A repeat would be unpleasant.

The mask came off with more of a sticky pop then what would usually be expected of a Pyro, and the slippery arsonist took a moment to relish in the fresh air. Wait, right, she had questions. About the monster.

"The goddamn monster is the size of a fucking city bus, or if you'd prefer the analogy, a conga line of about thirty Heavys. And all the Heavys are pissed." where was he going with this analogy. "What else do you want to know about this shit hole?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Previous

Return to The Docks