Old Bones [Bryce]

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Old Bones [Bryce]

Postby Puffin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Niklas was glad Kurt was here. Few could beat the guy at moral support, that much was certain. Stripping off his gloves and removing his mask, he beckoned Kurt over to the small vial with the chip. "Kurt, come take a look at this, he said, adjusting the medigun nozzle so he could hold up the chip while still in the healing beam. "Can you assess the damage on this thing at all? Or do you need a closer look back home...?"

He handed the little container off to the engineer, adjusting the angle of the gun. "And a better question. Should we go to Henry, or should we bring him to us?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Bryce chuckled softly himself, managing a small smile at the Engineer's efforts to be encouraging, though he caught the faltering of the other man's grin. He opened his mouth to ask after the state of the Respawn system, but Niklas spoke first, and the Medic most definitely took priority, so the marksman let himself go quiet. He would have turned to look and see what the others were looking at, but he had a decent enough idea from the vague sensation of motion and he really didn't want to look back and see his desiccated corpse in the full light of day.
The Sniper hummed softly to himself, bringing a knee up to rest his head on and relax against, using the familiar tune* to keep himself calm. Old battle instincts, paranoid about backstabs and sidelong attacks...
It was difficult to suppress them, especially when there were people behind him as well as something he found unsettling. But music helped, always had, drew his focus to something pleasant and refreshingly familiar, to him if no one else.

- - -
*Note: Yes, I know this is from a movie that came out in 1986 when Bryce was in the bunker, there's a whole lot of backstory and crazy shite to Bryce I really don't want to futz with explaining here on Swamp Rat. Please just go with it so I don't have to waste 3 days summarizing old logs.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 pm

After a few hurried mental promises not to drop the container, he took it from Niklas, settling back down on the crate and peering closely at it. It seemed to be in well enough condition--nothing looked out of place, which was surprising. There was the expected wear, though that wasn't too much to worry about; given respawn's current state, however, maybe it was. He wasn't entirely sure if the damage the radiation caused would be visible right off, and with the headache he was getting from squinting at the thing, he doubted he'd be able to pick it up on his first look.

"It ain't lookin' bad, but I'd be better at this after my little mornin'...uh, escapade wears off. Right now, I'd also go f'r gettin' Henry when we can. He ought'a be able t' spot what all might be wrong better'n I could." Kurt looked back up at Niklas, pulling a face and blinking a bit when that only served to exacerbate the building headache. Well, he knew something he wouldn't be doing in the morning for a while.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:00 pm

The doctor had shouldered the pack and was gathering up his things, taking back the small container as it was offered to him. Unfortunately Kurt was still out of it, and not entirely in the state of mind to examine the little chip. "So we can talk to him tomorrow or in a few days? That's fine. I can keep the medigun running for most of the day anyway." He could probably just 'bring out' Bryce whenever he was sitting around the infirmary, which was to say, most of the time.

"Bryce, we're leaving," he warned the ghost. There still looked like some salvageable stuff that he could look through later, by the ghost was the priority. Once the Sniper had gathered himself up and was ready to go, he turned and left, his hurt leg hurting considerably less, making his way out the door and into the morning light.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 pm

"Hmm? Oh! Ah, okay..."
The ghost scrambled to his feet, image flickering in his haste to follow. He couldn't help feeling rather giddy, finally being able to escape the confines of the dilapidated building, and when they actually got outside...
He couldn't stop smiling, looking around and taking in the surrounding wilderness and life like a child on their first adventure into a toy store. A part of him wanted to whoop and holler and jump around, climb the trees, tumble through the grass and undergrowth- But that was something to enjoy at a later date, when he actually had the physical form to do so.
Even so, he was practically skipping as he kept pace with the limping doctor, humming softly to himself.

It was good to be out.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Docks