A Stranger in a Strange Land [Lan Feng intro, Closed]

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land [Lan Feng intro, Open]

Postby Puffin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:12 pm

"A small team, then?" Again, rather odd size, considering the base looked like it was made to hold a lot more people. Before long, their short trip through the halls and up the stairs led them to the barracks. She blinked at 12's newfound nervousness (and he looked like he was starting to get calm, as well). "They are divided by sex, I assume?"

She shrugged, flipping on the light and wandering inside. "As soon as I pick out a bed I can put away my personal things on my own. The only thing I would really need help to put away would be my weapons, and that's just because I don't know where you all keep them during off hours. Could you show me the way, or should I wait until tomorrow?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby 12 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:04 pm

"There used to be a lot more people, but they just...disappeared. I did too. Got lost in the swamp, which was my own fault." 12 grimaced, fiddling with his dog tags. He gave a small sigh of relief when the topic was switched, no matter how briefly it could possibly be. "Mhm. It's uh, gettin' kinda late, so after this, I'll be over in the other side. 'F you need somethin', you can just call. As for the weapons, you can just...keep them under your bunk or something. Doesn't really matter so much." He bit his lip, trying to think of anything else he could possibly be forgetting. Went over the base, explained Gerhard a bit, listed off names, general other stuff...it seemed like he'd gone over everything. Huh. Well, that was a first.

"First night out here can be kinda jarrin', if that makes any sense? So there's that, too. But I kinda figure that's everythin' for now. Can get you all introduced to people tomorrow, when we're all awake." He mustered another small smile, letting his hand drop. Was he supposed to follow her inside, now...? He did have one of her bags. The Scout stood there for a second, awkwardly paralyzed. What was he supposed to do? After a quick mental reboot, he cautiously walked over to stand in the doorframe, not daring to go any farther than that. Past that threshold was unknown territory. Unknown and forbidden and full of secrets. Womanly secrets. You couldn't pay him to go in there.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Lan Feng nodded as the Scout explained, already going inside and looking for a bed to pick out. It was largely empty despite the size of the room, with only one other occupied bed that she could see. She picked out a bunk near the window and dropped the larger bag on the ground, resolving to sort through it tomorrow.

She hadn't realized that 12 hadn't followed her inside, instead expecting him to drop the bag he was carrying on the bed or whatever. She slipped off her boots and undid her belt, unzipping the rubber and letting it pool around her feet, revealing the t-shirt and shorts she worse underneath. It was good to slip out of the hot suit.

It was at that point she still realized that the scout was standing in the door frame, looking scared to take a single step forward. She wasn't quite sure what he was upset about. There wasn't much to see in the room. But she walked over to him anyway and took the bag, smiling gratefully. "So is there a particular time that I should come find you, or should we just wait and see until tomorrow?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby 12 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:29 pm

He turned right around the second the uniform started coming off, staring almost unblinking at the wall on the other side with an unsettled expression. Oh god. This was not what he had intended. This was why you stay out of the chamber of womanly secrets unless you wanted to die. 12 startled when she took the bag, visibly flustered. "Oh, um, th--there isn't really a time or anythin' sooo just. Whenever you want, I guess? Is that--okay?" Bird, what are you even doing. "I'm, uh, gonna be up for a while yet. Haven't finished patrollin' yet." That was pretty much a lost cause at this point, though. He swallowed, trying his best to look somewhere that wasn't at the Pyro or into the room behind her. "So yeah. T-Though it is kinda late, sorta? I dunno. Whenever you think's good."
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:53 pm

She was honestly completely unsure of what he was so nervous about. Was it her removing the suit? Lan Feng hadn't meant to upset him, but it was hot and sticky and she was wearing clothing underneath. He did seem very shy though, maybe she should have considered that. And with that train of thought, she couldn't help but feel a bit bad.

Well, best not to keep him in a place that made him uncomfortable. "I'm sure I'll run into you sometime tomorrow. Nothing to worry about. But thank you in the meantime, you've really been a big help." She smiled and gave him a little wave. "See you tomorrow."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:25 am

"Mhm. I'll be around a-and...stuff." He gave a quick nod, hesitating before returning the wave with an even smaller one. That really hadn't gone too bad, despite his absolutely reprehensible social skills. The Scout turned and walked over to the other barracks, fiddling a little with the scattergun as he went. It was pretty nice to actually have a new teammate, and one that wasn't nuts or anything to boot. That was great; there really were a lot of unsavory types in this line of work, and Lan Feng seemed pretty alright. He couldn't help but wonder why she'd been sent here of all places, but that wasn't really his business anyway. He unloaded the scattergun before setting it down on his trunk, flopping down onto his chosen bunk with a lot less reservations. Yeah, he'd said he would patrol, but he was tired. He was fairly certain that nothing was going to come in, either. He figured he could oblige himself some rest after managing to not totally ruin that entire introduction, and besides, he'd be needing some if he was going to show her around base tomorrow.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Lan Feng watched him leave before returning to the barracks. She folded up her suit and slipped her weapons under the bed before looking at the rest of her things, and then looking up to the clock on the wall. It was a lot later than she had realized. She slipped off her socks and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and her lighter, opening the window. She leaned on the sill and lit it up, listening to the sounds of the swamp. The situation didn't seem so bad, and maybe it would be better with some explanations? Everyone seemed nice enough.
Eventually, she finished her cigarette and climbed into bed. Yes, this situation didn't seem bad at all.
Puffin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Docks