Falling Out of the Sky (Intro, Open!)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Falling Out of the Sky (Intro, Open!)

Postby Puffin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 pm

"What the hell is going on out here?" Suddenly, the window to the infirmary opened, and Niklas stuck himself halfway out, leaning on his elbows and looking around at the group gathered. "What are all you arguing abou-- OH MY GOD. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

He stared at the multicolored creature in slack-jawed amazement. He could see that it was a hybrid, an injured one at that, but where the hell had it come from? It was huge, even bigger than Gerhard. He was pretty sure that they would've noticed something that large and brightly colored, so it must've shown up recently.

"All right. You know what? Don't answer that just yet. I'm coming outside. Should I bring anything in particular?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Connal chuckled a bit at James' tumble. He proved he was fine, so it was okay to laugh. Yet, the hybrid seemed to want to put his foot down against this guy. "You really upset by this? What's up, man?" Sure, it seemed James got agitated easy, but it was usually just his way of joking around. This time it seemed like things were really bugging him.

It was then that Nik started shouting. The redhead didn't say anything at first, and when the Medic was done, just offered a simple, "Hi, Nik." After a moment of actually considering the question, he added, "Umm, maybe a tourniquet, or somethin'? The guy got one a his tentacles bit off by the big swamp monster."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 pm

"GUUUH. REALLY." he pushed Jericho aside for a moment; it was fortunate that the tiny Pyro had his gloves on. "Look." he stuck a finger in Anu's mouth, pulling the skin aside. "FANGS." he shook one of the Spy's limp arms. "CLAWS." He gestured to the entire heap of tentacles. "AND ALSO HUGE." the salamander finally threw up his hands in exasperation. "I've had enough of this monster bullshit! Don't bring it in here!"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Henry Adams » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Henry winced for a moment at the broken rail, before hiking the hybrid further up onto his back and taking the first step. "Nik, we've got severe blood loss, and a missing tentacle. I have him sedated, so he should be about for the next hour or so, and he won't give you much trouble when he wakes, but keep an eye on him. He's a little jumpy and he doesn't seem to like company."

Turning his attention to the very close and personal amphibian, he did his best to give a worried look. "I think he's some kind of show breed. He doesn't seem to have any of the combat advantages that the company hybrids usually go for. I mean the claws and fangs, yeah, and he's pretty fast, but he doesn't have the usual camouflage or anything like t-HE WILL NOT LIKE YOU STICKING FINGERS IN HIS GUMS. Learn to respect some personal bubbles, yeah?" With a lumbering turn, he continued up the stairs again. His piece being said, he shouldered through the door and rounded the corner into the med-bay. "Where do you want him, pal?"
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 pm

"Whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I can just treat him outsi-- oh god damn it," he said, watching as his words fell on deaf ears. He gave James a bit of an apologetic look before ducking back inside and closing the window, going to wash his hands and get his gloves.

"On the table," he said in response to Henry's question, getting a first aid kid out of one of the cabinets. "Well obviously those bright colors aren't good for any practical purpose other than to show off. But what, he got into a fight with our swamp beast?" And he was still alive, an impressive feat. Still, the hybrid's circumstances left a bad taste in his mouth. Did they just drop him off here to see what would happen?

Fuck geneticists, seriously. "Honestly, if he has attitude problems, after I treat him I'd rather have him recover outside. If he freaks out he can do it out there," he said, flipping the medigun on as he passed it and plunking the first aid kit on the table next to the wounded hybrid. "The last thing anyone needs is someone of his size tearing up the infirmary."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 pm

"Ah, c'mon, James, lookit 'im!" Connal protested, carrying the lower-half of the hybrid still. "He ain't any more a monster 'an you or Jer." He did give the salamander an apologetic shrug, though. Not wanting to deal with more monsters was pretty understandable, and the way he and Henry were just walking past James probably wasn't helping him feel any better about the situation. When Nik continued, the redhead added, "Oh, yeah, an' not just fightin' with Swampy, either. Pretty sure this guy was in a friggin' plane crash, first. 'Cause, y'know, there's this burnin' plane wreckage out there an' that's where I found 'im." All things considered, this tentacled-man was tough as balls. "I'm almost surprised Henry's tranqs actually worked, but I guess he is bleedin' all over everywhere..."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Jericho had no qualms about trundling in after the Pyro and Engineer, batting the trailing tentacles so they wouldn't drag and get caught on things, and he sat himself down on the floor next to the gurney, ears pricked in curiosity. He'd seen other hybrids before, first Riley then the two doctors, but this one... This one was different. All wild looking and without the more human attitudes of the others he'd met.
More like himself.
An ear twitched, and the chimera huffed.
"Breathing funny."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

FUCK EVERYTHING

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 pm

The slippery arsonist attempted to physically block the Engineer and the bigger Pyro from entering the base as they strode in; too bad being tiny doesn't make you a decent blockage.

The salamander's throat expanded, but instead of a squeak, there was a long, steady hiss. He would have to apologize to Connal about this later. Sure they were all freaks here but there was something about this guy that gave him the creeps like nothing else. Also a fucking AIRPLANE CRASHED WHAT...

None of that mattered right now. Flamethrower casually at hand, the salamander hoisted himself up on a counter to watch the proceedings. The flamethrower he considered health insurance for everyone but the tentacled Spy.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Anu Laar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:30 am

Anu took a deep breath, that slowly went back out. With a slight wheeze as membranes preferring more moisture had gone more dry with nothing but air in his lungs; no risk of danger from dehydration yet, but his skin had taken on a drier quality on the trip, taking some of the shine out of all that bright colour. But that was already duller than it should be from all that blood going places it shouldn't be.

He woke up just enough come to the conclusion this was surgery in the lab, he could hear all those doctors, blah blah blah blaah... sleep. A limb slowly crept, winding itself around the leg of the table, and a finger twitched, while his tongue made a sticky sound as it separated from the roof of his mouth.

The moment of near-consciousness passed, however. He went still again.
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Postby Puffin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 pm

"Wait a minute, did you say a plane crash?! So what, did you just pull him out of the burning wreckage or what?" He was absolutely astonished by a story like that, but it was something so crazy that you really couldn't make it up. "Just tell me the story as I take care of him. This is going to take a while." The colorful hybrid was covered in bite wounds, as well as numerous cuts and bruises, as well as possibly broken bones. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, but things that would take time.

And it was at that moment that the hybrid regained consciousness, however briefly. Niklas raised his eyebrows at Henry. "Sedated, huh?" Did he have to do everything himself? He backed away from the table to the IV stand, getting ready to prepare a drip. He could mix in some of his own sedatives as well as some fluids, the guy was obviously in need of them.

After a few minutes he came back over, wheeling the stand with a full bag hung on top. "You can all stay, but you're going to need to give me some space," he said as he swabbed the hybrid's arm with cotton and inserted the needle. "That means you too, Jericho," he said, gently nudging the chimera with his leg.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Maybe he would have to take James aside later and apologize. Poor guy really didn't want this tenta-guy in their base. They could burn one of the tables in the mess hall. That one that looked like it was about ready to break in half on its own would work. Speaking of the octo-dude, it looked like he was waking up. Or apparently not, as his eyes once again slid closed. Connal wasn't too worried, at least, not yet. This guy was tough, and the Pyro was confident he'd pull through.

"No," he began, taking a step back as asked. "Jer heard some weird noises, an' I saw the smoke, so we went out to take a look. At first I didn't think anyone had survived it, since it was jus' this great big hunk of burnin', sorta plane-shaped metal, an' there wasn' anyone shoutin' for help or nothin'. So I'm standin' there starin' at it for a little while, and all'a sudden I heard this weird ass noise, which I guess was the swamp monster. Next thing I know, this guy's gettin' outta the water fast as 'e can, with swamp-butt on his ass. Dude even managed to climb up a freakin' tree. But when the monster went back inta the water, this octopus guy fell, so I went over to see. He didn't seem too friendly, but fuck, he just was in a plane crash and fought with a swamp monster, was missin' a limb and fell outta a tree. I'd be freaked, too. An' then Henry shot 'im, and we carried him back. Oh yeah, Henry showed up a little after he fell outta the tree." The metalhead then nodded, a subconscious confirmation that his story was both truthful and over.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 am

The chimera grumbled, but consented, moving from in Niklas' way to out of it. By slipping under the gurney.
Hey, it was out of the way and he didn't have to waste time and energy moving around a lot, with the extra bonus that he could keep his ears and nose on the situation at hand.
"Nik? You have a hose? He's not breathing right, sounds dry."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Niklas listened to Connal's tale in stunned silence, working on the hybrid as he went along. There wasn't much he could say to it, really. He knew things around here were anything but normal, but even so, this was a bit much. "Checking out the wreckage of the plane might be an option," he said after an extended silence.

During this entire development he was examining the hybrid's wounds. Definitely some cracked ribs, possibly a fractured clavicle, bruises and scrapes, and those awful bite wounds. Luckily, mostly things that would be healed by the medigun, though he knew he should clean out the wounds first and possibly stitch up some of the more serious ones.

He had gotten started on disinfecting the bite marks when Jericho asked his question. "A hose?" said Niklas, frowning and not taking his eyes off of what he was doing. I think there's one outside, but I'm not spraying it all over the infirmary. The IV drip should help hydrate him, but if you really want to just bring in a pitcher from the kitchen and we can use the sink."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Hiking himself onto a counter, Henry did his best to not position himself in front of or around anything important. "I do my best with these mixes, but I can't account for genetic fuck-uppery, man. This stuff is meant to put down charging maniacs, not Adrenaline-fueled franken-beasts."

With a quirk of the lips, he watched the proceedings with mild concern and general curiosity. "I went out there because I saw the thing go down. I figured I could check for survivors and bring back any usable parts and scrap. This was a little more than I counted on. Do you want me to see if I can find some restraints? Might be something in your dev-lab."
Henry Adams

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Connal wasn't sure he liked the idea of strapping the poor guy down. That would probably just freak him out more. Besides, even if he did still flip out, and got out of hand, there was always respawn to-

Yeah, no, nevermind. Screw respawn.

"Uh, I'll go get the pitcher," he decided, jabbing a thumb towards the door for emphasis. "Be back in a sec!" Henry and Niklas were both smart guys, anyway. They'd be able to handle things better than he could, even if one of them was a BLU.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Jericho huffed, feeling rather dumb about the hose thing. He'd forgotten a moment that this was an actual medical bay, not an experimental laboratory like he had known previously. There was all sorts of random junk around those places that were practically useless in a normal medbay, but an absolute necessity in the labs. Like holding tanks and walk in refrigerators and far reaching spray hoses for keeping aquatic subjects moist while in the middle of a procedure.
Funny how he hated the places, but found himself wishing for their tools...

The chimera perked up at hearing Connal scuttle off, and whined when he found himself unable to follow after without getting in the way of the doctor. Maybe ducking under the gurney wasn't such a great idea after all...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Niklas shook his head at Henry's question about restraints. "Honestly, no. Most of the damage is on his torso, and I need a clear view to patch him up. Besides, our combined sedatives should be enough. I'll just work quickly, and we can let him recover out on the front porch." Besides, if the hybrid woke up while restrained and started thrashing in place he'd only worsen the damage.

He gave a smile and a nod to Connal as the big pyro headed out to bring a pitcher, finally finishing up disinfecting the wounds. Putting the bottle and gauze aside, he took out a suture kit and opened it, and set to work on stitching up some of the more serious bite wounds.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Connal's mind wandered as he jogged down the hall. What if he was wrong about this tentacled guy? What if he really was just as vicious as he had been acting? What if he ended up being a miniature, much more mobile version of the swamp monster? He shook his head, trying to banish those thoughts. Nothing good ever came out of worrying about "what if." Besides, he was still a man, just with a few extra pieces stuck on. Like with James and Jericho. Everything would totally be fine.

The oversized Pyro took a little longer coming back, but only because he had filled the pitcher in the kitchen and was being careful not to spill it. "Back," he announced, holding up the water for anyone to take. He wanted to ask about the guy, and weather or not any of them should be worried about how he'll act while awake, but... Well, it was already pretty apparent what Henry thought, at least, and he wasn't sure he wanted to hear more in favor of tying the poor guy up.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

gonna timeskip this to move things along

Postby Puffin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:35 pm

He gave the tall pyro a big smile when he came in with the pitcher. "Thanks, Connal, I appreciate it. Jericho, could you go get that? My hands are kind of full." This was partially true. His hands were full, but he also wan't entirely sure what to do with the pitcher once he got it. Jericho seemed to know, anyway. He moved out of the way for a brief moment so the chimera could get out from under the gurney.

The remainder of the procedure did take time, what with all the stitching of the more serious wounds, but eventually, Niklas was satisfied. Disconnecting the drip and stripping off his gloves, he turned on the medigun and pressed the lever forward, letting the warm light wash over the hybrid. Briefly checking the newcomer once again to make sure everything had healed properly, he released the lever. "All right, I think we're all set. Help me get him outside, okay?"

And through the combined efforts of those assembled, eventually the colorful octopus hybrid would find himself laying out on the porch. "It'll probably take him a while to wake up from the sedatives," Niklas said, standing up straight and stretching a bit. "He'll likely be groggy for a while, but just give him his space. Let me know if you need something." And with that, he headed back inside to clean up the infirmary.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 pm

{totally forgot I was posting in this 8|}

Jericho did as he was told, wriggling out from under the gurney and getting himself up on his hind legs to take the pitcher in both hands, making absolutely certain he had a good grip before shuffling over to the tentacled hybrid, his ears twitching at the hoarseness of the unconscious man's breathing. It took him a moment to figure out where the man's gills were, having to listen and lean in rather close so he could see, but once he did, he began to dribble water on them, pausing every once in a while to make sure the water was being absorbed properly before pouring more on.
When there was only about an inch left in the pitcher, he dumped the last bit over the man's face, getting a little in the mouth to help him hydrate properly, before shuffling over to the sink to refill the pitcher and repeat the process.
He'd seen the 'Medics' in the labs performing similar motions many times, wetting down the aquatic hybrids so they could remain in the air for longer periods. A misting hose would have worked better, but you worked with what you had.

By the time they got the tentacled hybrid outside, the chimera was already starting to feel tired, the effort of standing and moving upright taking more out of him than he cared to admit, and he turned to Connal with begging eyes and a grumbling stomach.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Docks