Falling Out of the Sky (Intro, Open!)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Falling Out of the Sky (Intro, Open!)

Postby Connal Reid » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

This was the very first time Connal had actually seen this giant monster that had everyone so worried. He expected it to be big, but oh shit, that thing didn't even look like it could fit in the damn swamp. Reacting perhaps a couple of seconds too late, he charged, taking a couple of potshots at the beast, and somehow missed something the size of a fucking barn with a fucking shotgun. That wasn't good.

Neither was the state of whatever (no, whoever, apparently) the monster had chased out of the waters. The oversized Pyro sprinted up to the tentacled man, and dropped to his knees next to him. "Shht shht shht..." he mumbled, words made more incomprehensible thanks to the mask. "Yhh rrkay? Hrr, wiggurh," he added, nudging the guy's shoulder. Was this poor guy even still alive?
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Henry Adams » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Henry finally managed to chop and tear his way through the thick foliage into the scene. As largely oblivious as he was, a crashing plane was still pretty hard to miss, and failing machinery of any classification was his responsibility. He slipped his borrowed machete into his pant-leg for storage, and surveyed the scene. There was plenty of scrap-metal to salvage, and supplies that could very well be intact, so that was good. Finding an unconcious monster covered in blood didn't hurt either.

"Oh hell, man, what happened to you? You're a bit far off from the wreckage to have come out kicking." Looking him over, he was pleased to see that the tenta-beast was still alive, and took special notice of the openly bleeding stump of a tentacle.

Tentacles, missing limb, bleeding horribly. You've just got something in common with everyone around here, don't you?

"Connal, how long has he been here? What the hell happened to the poor guy?" Ripping a portion off of his jeans, he attempted to slow the bleeding with a make-shift torniquet. "Do you think you can help me get him back to the bases?"
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Of course, where there was Connal, his patchworked companion wasn't far behind, and this time was no different. Jericho stumbled, nearly crashing onto his face in his attempts to keep up with the Pyro's longer stride, and very nearly ran into Henry, yelping in a startled manner as he skidded in the mud, sliding down to his elbows before he was able to correct himself.
He could smell blood. Lots of blood.
"Connal...?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Anu Laar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 am

The poking didn't wake Anu up, but the jumble of distant voices and a painful squeeze of the tourniquet did.

His eyes snapped open and he began struggling to move again, hissing and trying to make a good show of how dangerous he was. He could still take people... but he'd rather not try. Not that he'd want to let that on. Or that he was a little terrified again, those were Company people. He couldn't fathom they would do anything but kill him or take him back into captivity; but he also didn't notice that one of them was not really people.

Everything was fuzzy around the edges, thoughts and sight.

Digging at the moss with elbows and slow, squirming limbs that perked up as soon as he did, Anu backed away as well as he could. Which was to say, not very well at all; the teeth marks littered across his torso, and more than one unlucky limb all opened up again, not doing himself any favours at all. The adrenaline rush was all he had to go on, and that was running thin. He was already slowing again and having trouble keeping his heavy eyelids open.
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:08 pm

"Hrrfrrwudah- arrgh, fuggeh." Already sick of not being able to be clearly understood (even by himself), Connal yanked the mask off and stuffed it down the front of his suit. "He come outta the swamp, with that big monster chasin' after him! He even managed to climb up th' tree a bit, 'fore the monster left an' he dropped down," he explained. Bases? Shouldn't they pick which one they were taking him to? "Yeah, I can help carry. Let's take 'im to RED; two Medics are better 'an one, yeah?" Not to mention one of them was a hybrid, but he promised not to tell anyone that.

Then there was a voice from behind him. Just before the Pyro could answer Jericho, however, the tentacled man woke back up. "Whoa, hey, buddy, i's alright!" He held up his hands, showing they were empty. "Look, we're not gonna hurt ya. Honest, listen, I'm Connal, an' this is Henry, an' Jericho." Maybe an introduction would get him to settle. "What's your name?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Henry Adams » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:20 pm

"Aaaah, shit. Connal, he's a little bit rogue, right at the moment. Nobody home right now, y'know? Don't hate me for this, either of you." With a quick clip-swap, and an instinctual split-second of aim, Henry unloaded a few darts of sedative into the man-thing's stomach, and waited for him to lose conciousness. After a moment, when he inevitably fell over, Henry went straight to his job.

Pulling the used darts out of the now limp body, he positioned himself behind it and did his best to lift with his knees. Unfortunately, while the man himself didn't seem to weigh much (probably because about 3/4ths of him was missing, counting the blood loss), the half of him that wasn't quite him was bigger, ehavier, and more awkward than anticipated. Even the weight would have been bearable if they hadn't, in their sedated state, started to flop over and between his legs, making it effectively impossible to walk.

"Connaaal. Bundle up the tentacles and help me haul so we can get this guy checked out, please."

[this final statement said with heavy application of the following face: ;______;]
Henry Adams

Postby Anu Laar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Not going to calm down, and my name is I am going to eat your face.

None of the concern or apparent assistance registered as genuine, trying to keep him alive didn't mean having his best interests in mind, his interests of not being caged up. He'd rather take his chances with the swamp monster. Or just be dead. He couldn't stand the thought of them locking him back up again, could not stand it.

Anu knew a tranq gun when he saw one, and he thought he knew what that meant. He lunged awkwardly, just as the darts struck home. Quick to make the hazy, dizzy world even hazier and dizzier. Anu snarled, tried to drag himself a little closer to the bastard that shot him... but fell down and went still, instead.

An overly generous dose of blood loss and tranquilizers had him down for the count, and he would be for a good while, not giving them any trouble. Except for being unwieldly.

{He's sleepin', I'll hop back in when it's time to come back from dreamland.}
Anu Laar
Mercenary

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am

Perhaps he shouldn't have been as surprised as he was about the new hybrid's reaction. The guy had already been through a plane crash (probably), and had one Hell of a tussle with a fucking dinosaur. Or whatever that thing was. Stood to reason that he'd be a little out of it and high as a flag on the fourth of July on adrenaline. Pretty much anybody would lash out after all that.

Still.

"Hey... Those the same darts you used on me?" was Connal's first question. Funny, now he and the octopus-man had something in common; they both were tranq'ed by Henry first time they met him.

He did get up when prompted, and didn't even bother trying to wipe the mud off of himself. "Yeah, yeah, you don' gotta whine aboud it..." he replied, going so far as to roll his eyes before trying to help. "Damn, these tentacles are slippery-er than they look." Quite a feat, as they looked plenty slippery to begin with. "Uhh... Hey, Jer, think ya could lemme know if somma these get away without me noticin'?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:48 am

The chimera was torn, honestly not sure what to make of the vaguely man-shaped thing that smelled like water and fish and it snarled like something dangerous-!
He attempted to growl, to make himself fierce and put on his don't mess with me face, but he'd gotten out of practice, and he couldn't really tell what was going on in the first place, so he barely managed to bare his teeth before Connal was saying his name and- Wait, what was he supposed to be watching?
Confused and more than a little anxious, he nodded after a moment, moving to follow after his Master and getting a limp tentacle slap to the face for his trouble.
Yelping, he leapt backwards, half-upright before he tripped over his own tail and wound up in a less-than-dignified heap.
"...ow."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh god awkward topic. I don't think he wants to hear about how I've upgraded them and can now knock him on his ass in half the time.

"Er, yeah. Give or take. He should be nice and calm when he wakes up. A good dose of serotonin boosters on top of the normal stuff. Happy-juice that lasts for days if you stay off your feet. I don't know how he'll process it, since he's not exactly human, but generally it should work the same way."

Hearing the soft thumpity-thump noise from the other side of the hybrid was a little bit confusing. "Everything alright back there? No-one's allowed to hurt themselves, thank you. We can only carry so many people at a time, and you two are both heavy."
Henry Adams

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Connal couldn't help but give a chuckle at Jericho. While trying to re-wrangle up the tentacle that hit him, he glanced over his shoulder and apologized, "Sorry 'bout that, buddy, my bad. These little suckers are kinda tough to keep a grip on." Satisfied that he had them all cradled together, he nodded to Henry that he was good to keep walking.

"'Happy-juice,' huh? Heh, here's hopin' he won't get addicted to the stuff, then," the Pyro joked. It was almost surreal. Not so much the fact that he was helping to carry a half-man, half-octopus to a doctor because it fought with a giant swamp monster and lived, no. Heck, his best friend was a chimera and damn near lost a leg to the same monster. The strange part was him laughing and making jokes with someone from BLU team while stone-cold sober. Sure, he'd gone to a party Henry had thrown, but if asked about it he could always fall on the excuse that he was already wasted before heading out. If he kept being this friendly with the opposite team, he might get used to it.

Not that it apparently even mattered anymore. Other teammates he had were more than willing to go hang out with BLUs, and it seemed Henry especially. So far, not once had RED bothered them about it. He had hoped otherwise, but apparently this really was the place the company sent mercenaries that they wanted out of the way, but not enough to fire them flat-out.

"Y'know, if we did have to carry him, I bet I could piggy-back Jericho."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:45 pm

The chimera rolled to his feet, shaking his head and wincing slightly at a twinge from one of his horns. Shit, those had been healing really well too-!
"M'fine. Blu-tard here spooked me."
A moment to check that, no, his horns weren't actually broken, and he turned to see what was going on, cocking his head at what he could see of Connal. And his passenger. He could make out a vaguely familiar shape...
Tentacles?
"Is that the BLU doc?!"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 pm

With the nod from Connal, Henry started to trek. "Hey, man, I just work here. Seems like once a week I have to tranq and pull some half-mad monstrosity out of the swamp. Or fix the damage done by the half-mad monstrosities in the swamp. Or shoot a half-mad monstrosity in the head... Damnit, we've got a lot of these things out here, don't we?"

"Anyway, this guy isn't one of ours. My trusty little beacons would have pointed him out if he was in the Blu database. That makes him either one of yours, or a nightmare from some douchebag's private collection. He's definitely showy enough for it."

Even on a path he had already made, it seemed like the ferns and roots grew back about as fast as he cut them. what had been clear not two minutes ago was right back to slapping him in the face with leaves around every corner. Listening to the altogether silent chimera's words, he tried to send back a joking grin, though how to do it around the hybrid was beyond him. "That seems a little racist there, pal. I bet you say all the tenta-guys look the same. Well, shit, for you they probably do, huh? Your eyes must be all kinds of messed up with all of that genetic clash going on."
Henry Adams

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Connal could only laugh as Henry went on about monsters. Yeah, there did seem to be quite a few, though not all were unfriendly. "RED or neither, huh? Hey, did you see any logos on the plane?" He wasn't sure if he should admit that he was too busy looking at the fire to notice the rest of the wreckage. "Seems like the companies don't use anythin' that doesn't have the name splashed all over it, or at least the color." Maybe it would be funny if he got something blue-colored and then claimed he stole it from BLU... Then again, maybe not. It would work better if the two bases out there were actually fighting. "Heh, racist..." The Pyro liked the irony of that. Then he started thinking maybe "speciesist" might be more appropriate. Was that even a word?

((Edited because I'm a freaking retard and didn't even notice that Connal has, indeed, seen Gerhard full octo-bits before.))
Last edited by Connal Reid on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Jericho shot the Engineer a sharp glare, mismatched eyes narrow as his ears flipped back and he growled his displeasure.
Yes, his eyesight sucked, but his ears and nose more than made up for the lack. No need to make it sound like he was a cripple...

Heaving a sigh, the chimera shuffled out of the way to at least try and help, moving ahead to swat plant life out of the way so his Master and the Engineer could get through easier, even if he did nearly smack himself in the face with a stubborn pricker bush. A good swat from his tail flattened the spiny plant to the ground with a wet splut.
He hated pricker bushes...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:33 pm

"Shit, I didn't think to look for markers. I need to go back once this guy's in the med-bay and salvage whatever usable bits are left. If you want to join me I'll remember to set aside a portion for some repairs on the RED side of the fence. I know I'm not supposed to, but I can't stand watching good machines and structures fall apart like this. If I didn't think I'd be filled full of lead, I'd probably have already patched your roof and repaired the support beams. Those are rotting, by the way. Need to have them looked at."

Speaking of the RED base, it began to come into view through the foliage. The overly accentuated front porch was, as always, sticking out to invite visitors, much in conflict with its intended use.
Henry Adams

goddamn tentacles stop posting

Postby Tentacles » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am

A certain arsonist had been sitting on the porch, watching the ancient bug zapper hanging from the wood construct with pointed interest. So pointed he hadn't noticed just what the fuck was walking up to the RED base.

Actually, wait, what the FUCK was that? It looked a little like the Doc but...oh no.

The salamander REALLY didn't like the look of that thing, wounded or not. "Oh no you don't. I don't know what the fuck that is, but you're not bringing it in here."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Connal grinned a bit at Jericho, watching as the chimera tried to make more of a path for them to walk through. He was always looking for ways to be helpful like that. Then Henry brought up sharing and helping to work on RED base, and some of the Pyro's reluctance returned. "Well, I guess it would be no big deal to split somma the scrap... but hey, we got an Engie now, too, so you dun' gotta worry 'bout our side any more." Oh, but he'd have to remember to mention to Kurt about the rotting support beams. That was kind of important.

Really, wanting the guy gone before he even knew what he was like? The larger of the Pyros couldn't help but laugh, not taking the salamander's concerns too seriously. "Ah, stow it, James, I'll bring in who I want!" he teased, with a wide grin. "Oh an' hey, remind me to tell Kurt that our support beams are rottin'!" Because obviously he'd forget. "Really, though, this guy's cool. He fought with that big-ass swamp monster by his own damn self."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

CRASH

Postby Tentacles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 am

"What?! Our base isn't rotten!" the tiny Pyro leaned against the wood railing of the porch for emphasis. Because this universe is a cruel one, however, that small smidge of pressure collapsed the railing, sending the salamander into a heap of a tangled tail and shattered planks.

One bout of startled croaking and the slippery arsonist was back on his feet. "Regardless...REGARDLESS..." he clacked his jaws. "If it can handle the monster out there it can handle itself. I don't..." he held up his hands in front of him, waving them frantically. "Dude just no man."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Jericho couldn't help a small snort of amusement at catching onto James' moment of clumsiness, trotting ahead once he was sure there were no more brambles and butting his head against the salamander's thin hip.
"Didn't handle. Survived, didn't handle. Can smell the blood."
The tentacled hybrid had been bleeding the whole way, though it seemed to be healing a bit. Hooray for cephalopod regeneration abilities.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Docks