Damage Assessment

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby 12 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

The second he was warned, what Gerhard was about to do clicked in his head, and he paled visibly. God. He'd been in battle before, but there was a difference between this and fighting--at least on-field, things like this didn't generally last more than a minute, and were quickly and easily dealt with with a simple respawn. This wasn't battle. He nodded, biting his lip and turning around to watch the water. Whatever that thing was, it was still out there, and he didn't know if it could come out onto dry land. Having somebody watch anyway probably wasn't a bad idea, and it saved him from having to see Henry get parts chopped off in high-res thanks to his improved sight. The avian hybrid took a few steps toward the docks, mostly to try and get out of hearing range for the bonesaw. That wasn't going to sound pleasant, and he would much rather avoid that if at all possible.
User avatar
12
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Hiding somewhere. // RED base. x2 // BEING DEAD.

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby Puffin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am

Madison envied 12 at this point. Gerhard was right, there wasn't much more that the scout could do. He'd done his part already, and for the moment, it was up to her and the medic to help out Henry. Though she was determined to do her part, inwardly she knew the whole thing was going to suck. She had never really seen a serious medical procedure since... well, ever. And the fact that Gerhard clearly knew what he was doing was reassuring, those surgical tools weren't very friendly-looking. But she bit her lip and nodded at him, wanting to just get the whole thing over with.
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Though it didn't take too horribly long for the job to be done, no one would dare say as much when it felt like so much longer, listening to the rasp of metal on bone as the saw worked its way through the heavy thigh bone.
Gerhard looked even paler than he usually did by the time he was done, lips pressed into a thin line and his pupils nothing more than thin slits of black on the cornflower blue of his irises. He wasn't a surgeon, never had been, and now he was remembering why.
Swallowing, the TentaMedic gave a short nod to the Heavy, telling her it was okay to release the Engineer as he moved to cauterize and bandage the remaining stump, keeping the MediGun trained so that it would keep Henry producing blood. The odd little inventor would be seriously hungry when he woke up...
"Alright, get him inside. Ve'll have to see about getting him a prothesis..."
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby Puffin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Madison found herself unknowingly agreeing with 12. The worst part wasn't the sight, but the sound. Oh, sure, the visuals weren't exactly pleasant, but the worst part was hearing the awful noises that the Engineer's flesh made as Gerhard cut through it, and the sawing... She had never been squeamish, but she had also never witnessed an amputation. But, despite the chills that went up and down her spine, she held steady, and eventually it was over.

She nodded at the Medic's instructions, picking up Henry over her shoulder once again. "Hey, 12, we're done, y'all can come on back if y' want," she called to the scout. Gerhard looked about as disturbed and stressed as she was, and she wasn't exactly sure if that was reassuring or worrying. "Somehow, I'm not too worried about Henry gettin' a prosthesis. Dat'll probably be de easiest t'ing t' deal wit'."
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby 12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 pm

[I accidentally the ball. My bad. ;;]

He hadn't gone far enough to escape the noise, but he'd certainly tried. As if that part wasn't bad enough, it was happening to a teammate, somebody whom he actually considered a friend. There hadn't been any other way, he was sure--if Gerhard had done it, he would have full faith in the older hybrid's actions. He knew what he was doing far better than 12 did, and questioning that didn't really seem like an awesome idea. He approached hesitantly, slightly hunkered down and avoiding eye contact as best he could. God, there was just so much blood...

"Wh--when's he gonna wake up, y'think...?" A reasonable question. If the answer was 'never', he'd probably just skip right on into the swamp and let that thing eat him. That would just be icing on the shitcake. He gave an awkward half-second glance up at Gerhard, worry clear on his face. How did these things even happen? 12 figured that this sort of thing didn't generally start with 'getting an appendage eaten by a gigantic swamp monster from hell.' Not a lot of people would have to deal with that; well, he hoped so. The Scout snapped his attention back to the current situation with a sharp exhale, awkwardly hovering around the Engineer and trying to maintain a safe distance from his other teammates at the same time.
User avatar
12
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Hiding somewhere. // RED base. x2 // BEING DEAD.

Re: Damage Assessment

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 pm

"Zhe shock und anesthetic should keep him under for at least ein hour, but zhat's only ein estimate. Ve need to get him inside sehr I can cauterize zhe vound und make sure zhere ist no furzher trauma."
He'd probably also have to remove that last little chunk of femur still sticking in the Engineer's hip socket, but he wouldn't do that until he was absolutely certain he had to. The additional bit of bone would be helpful for attaching a base plate for whatever prosthetic they were able to acquire...
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Previous

Return to The Docks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron