Aimé Arrives (Open)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Re: Aimé Arrives (Open)

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:24 am

((I am totally okay with this.))

"Tha-" The word was barely out of his mouth before being cut off by the bark, to which Connal responded with laughter. "Hey, buddy!" he greeted, all smiles as he knelt down. He set his mask and weapon next to him so he would have a free hand, and began patting and scratching Jericho as if he really were a dog. Behind the ears, around the neck, in between the stunted wings; places the hybrid seemed to have trouble getting at himself, without scratching too hard. "Ya big goof, I couldn't've been gone ten minutes!" he joked. Then the Pyro realized he might be being a bit rude, and that he should probably introduce the two of them. "Jer, this here's our newest teammate, Amy," he began, before turning his gaze up to the said Spy. "This here's Jericho. He's a Soldier. Well, at least that's how he's listed."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 am

((Aww... I like Jericho))

Aimé jumped when he heard the bark, he hated dogs, he had been chased by enough of them to develop a severe dislike of them. However the...well... creature that ran up to him was the furthest thing from a dog Aimé had seen and for a moment he could only stare in astonishment. He had seen a lot of things in his time on the various bases but the one Connal called Jericho was the most interesting by far. He didn't even notice that he had been introduced as Amy rather then by his name.

"Oh bonjour Jericho" he said with a smile although he didn't make any attempt to pet him since he didn't know what sort of temperament Jericho had towards strangers. "Very 'andsome Soldier, such interesting colors" he said cheerfully.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 am

That heavy reptillian tail was doing its damndest to express the chimera's glee at having the Pyro back, tip wagging and the rest of it trying to wiggle as well while Jericho eagerly leaned into the attention, humming happily at familiar gloved fingers finding just the right spots to rub and scratch. It was funny how much could change in just a few months, if one happened to recall the hybrid's original almost-cold outlook towards the team in general. A good friend in Connal had done wonders for that unpleasant temperament.
He huffed at mild joke regarding time, and he looked up to the Pyro with a less than impressed look, though he was still smiling rather broadly.
"Ten minutes too long. Can't protect you!"
The introduction of the new person had the chimera pausing a moment, actually a tad startled, since he hadn't even noticed the Spy in his rush to reunite with his Master, but he soon expressed interest, ears pricked up and forward as his nostrils flared, his cocking to one side.
"Amy is female name."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Connal couldn't help but chuckle. He felt much better about all this with the chimera around. "Oh, you're one to talk! Jericho's the name of a city that got destroyed in the bible," he teased, grabbing his things and standing back up. "Alright, 'nough of sittin' on the porch, we're lettin' all the warm air out. In, in," the Michigander ushered, knowing full well the effect of the cold on his quadrupedal friend.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Aimé sighed with a smile, Amy? that was a name he hadn't heard in a long time, he had gotten far better at stressing how his name was pronounced but apparently he had been slipping. "Oh non... my name is not Amy... et sounds similar but listen closely, et's Aimé " he explained patiently. Although according to some, considering his prissy nature Amy seemed like a feminine enough name if he ever decided to throw on a dress and complete the transformation.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:16 pm

The chimera stuck his tongue out at the Pyro, the black forked tip flicking a moment before he pulled it back in and returned his attention to the Spy, an ear flicking curiously at the emphasized pronunciation.
"Aye-May...?"
He huffed, giving the Spy a curious look.
"Amy fits better."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Ignoring Jericho, for the moment, Connal tried mimicking back, slowly, "Aimé... Is that right? Aimé?" It was a little harder to say, but he figured he would get used to it. He had gotten used to the suit, after all. "C'mon, Jer, people like it when you say their names right. Keep at it, can't be that hard to get." This was definitely one way to liven up an otherwise boring day. New arrivals were always interesting, and so far for him it had always been in a positive way. Unless you count that one nut job in the swamp that caught him on his own, but he wasn't RED so he didn't count.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

"Ah oui, very good mon ami" Aimé said with a cheerful grin, Connal was a little off but at least the other was trying, most times people just continued to call him Amy, which made tolerating his teammates far harder then normal. Although admittedly he hadn't met everyone yet so there was still a chance he'd find someone who irritated him, there was always at least one person in each base. But he liked Connal and Jericho, they seemed nice enough, he was looking forward to working with them.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Jericho sighed, giving the Pyro a look that practically screamed 'Do I have to?'.
In the end, though, he simply shook his head and turned to trot back towards the warmer parts of the base, namely: The kitchen.
Hey, a guy his size really had to think around food, it was just a given!
He paused a little ways down the hall, looking back to his Master and the new recruit, his stubby little wings flaring a moment before folding back down along either side of his spine.
"Well? You coming?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Connal nodded, glad his pronunciation was at least close enough if nothing else. His grandmother had made certain he knew the importance of learning other people's names. Not just what they were, but how to say them properly. The schoolyard bullies only cemented that fact. The Pyro noticed his friend seemed impatient, and was trying to lead them towards the kitchen. "Not just yet, I gotta get his stuff upstairs, an' get him a bunk. You wanna wait in there? I'll come cook ya dinner soon as we're done," he promised.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

"What?" Aimé asked surprised "Mon ami, surely you jest, after you've been so 'elpful et's only fair I offer to make you and moisour Jericho a meal" he said with a smile "After all et'll be a nice way to learn my way around, and alzhough I'm 'ardly a gourmet chef I'm still quite capable" he said only partially lying, he could cook meals but only specific ones as cooking for himself just didn't seem a priority, the only reason he had learned what he knew was because it gave people the impression he was a great cook. Cook a few dishes well enough and people thought you were a genius in the kitchen when in reality Aimé was lucky enough not to burn boiling water.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 pm

The hybrid seemed to droop at first, disappointed by the stalling, but perked up immediately at the Frenchman's offer of a meal. He started to prance in place a little, something he'd started to get in the habit of when food was in the near future, and his tailtip began to wriggle happily as he smiled.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 pm

"Sure!" Connal instantly agreed. The team seemed to eat at all different times of the day and night, so he rarely got a break from making meals for himself and Jericho. It may not have been a terrible burden, no, but it was definitely nice to have a break. The last time he had something to eat that he hadn't prepared, himself was... damn, back during the first RED team meeting, when Gene had baked a cake for everyone. Too bad that Gene seemed to be one of the ones to have gone missing... He was a good guy, and they really could use an Engineer to help actually fix things, instead of repeated, temporary patches.

"Bunks are up this way," he stated, taking the stairs. He could drop off his axe and mask on his bed, while they were at it. "There's only a few rooms, and a bunch of bunkbeds in each of 'em, so I hope ya don't mind sharing. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure there's a library up here, too, that I didn't mention when you asked about stuff to do." The Spy had mentioned having a few books, so hopefully the books in the library wouldn't be too old or messed up to read. Connal hadn't paid it much mind, himself, the place smelled far too musty. "Might wanna be careful, though, I heard Riley fell through the floor in there, once."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Aimé grinned "I never pass up an opportunity to share" he said, although in his own mind he had just taken the room out of the equation, but somehow he didn't think Connal would quite appreciate the joke that he wouldn't mind sharing his bed at all "Oh I'll just count ze possibility for horrific injuries as part of zis base's...." he paused for a moment looking around "Charm..." he finished seeming as though it was a good fit, especially since it was the only real complimentary word he could come up with for a place like this. Besides most times he ended up bunking alone considering his daily routine. Especially the real butch men who somehow took offense to Aimé's habit of brushing his hair fifty times, they especially made terrible roommates and never lasted long.

"So... do I get to meet ze team all at once or do I 'ave to just stumble onto zem like you did wiz me?" he asked following Connal up the stairs after waving briefly to Jericho.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 pm

At the top of the stairs, a Soldier appeared. He had been expecting this month's shipment of supplies soon, and was going to go out and check if the delivery boat had appeared. The Soldier hadn't even gotten outside when seeing Connal and... wait, who was that?

...Oh. So the boat shipped in a new teammate, it seemed. Now Josif X. Arcson, RED Soldier, wouldn't have to go outside, seeing as the supply boat would probably arrive later (And good thing too; it was pretty cold out there.) So why not greet the newest addition to the team?

"Oh, hey there," Josif said casually to Connal and the newcomer. "I can't say I was expecting a new teammate today. What's your name?" Josif asked, offering a handshake to the newcomer.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Not feeling up to climbing the stairs at the moment, Jericho simply trotted off to wait in the kitchen, curling up on the small pile of blankets he'd dragged in under one of the prep tables. It was warmest in the kitchen, probably had better insulation or something along those lines, but all that really mattered to him was the fact that he didn't have to bundle up any and he could still see his Master through the doorway.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:56 pm

"Yeah, that's... that's one word for it," Connal agreed. "Unless there's another meeting or some such, you'll just bump into people. Hell, my first week here I only saw one guy, an- oh, speaking of bumping into people." They had come across one of their Soldier, and the Pyro stepped aside so he could greet the newest teammate. He didn't know the Soldier too well, himself, but Jericho seemed to think he wasn't too bad, and that was good enough for him. Seemed like things were going pretty well, after all. Maybe that little mess earlier was just how Aimé liked to tease people, to joke around. Was all of it a joke, though? It was possible.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am

Aimé lifted his eyebrows at the Soldier pausing a moment before smiling and shaking the other's hand "Ah bonjour, I am Aimé" he said figuring he'd give one more person a chance to pronounce his name right before he would start repeating the pronunciation. "I must admit I am a little surprised... most of ze Soldier's I 'ave met 'ave been... well, less zen sane" he said. At least it seemed he would be able to avoid the constant screams of 'coward' and 'snail eating pansy' like he had before, or worst the crazy 'commander' who demanded control but could do very little with it.

"Now you must forgive me but I don't believe I got your name" he said, although the Soldier's face was rather young looking the streaks in his hair said otherwise, he had to admit it was an attractive feature. "I'm planning on making dinner once I'm settled, per'aps you'd like to join us?" he offered.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Penultimate Pi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Josif chuckled at the remark. It had come to be common that the typical Soldier in the RED vs. BLU wars was an insane veteran of some sort. But Josif prided himself for his sanity AND sense for good leadership and strategy. Little did anyone know, but he was about to lose one of those skills really soon...

"My full name is Josif X. Arcson, but 'Josif' is alright. No 'Commander' or anything like that, heh heh," the Soldier joked. "A group dinner sounds nice; it'd be the first time in a while."

[By the way, Josif DOES look older than he really is. Only a little bit, though.]
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:23 pm

It would be more like the first group dinner ever, as far as Connal new, but he decided not to correct the Soldier. Who knew? Maybe there had been a group meal that he had just missed out on. "We were just gonna go have Aimé pick out a bunk," he explained, holding up the Spy's suitcase for Josif to see.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to The Docks