Aimé Arrives (Open)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Aimé Arrives (Open)

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:10 am

Aimé was less then impressed... he had been warned he was going to a swamp base but he had hardly expected it to be this... this... swampy.
"Ugh... zis iz unacceptable, I'll get my shoes all slime and zis 'umidity iz going to do 'orrible zings to my 'air" he said out loud to no one in particular, putting his mask on as a precaution; he had taken it off while travelling since it seemed pointless to keep it on when no one was going to see him. He reached into his suit jacket and removed his disguise kit and in one fluid motion flipped it open effortlessly and slid a cigarette from the side, tucking the thin silver box back into his jacket and removing a lighter instead, taking a moment to look around the dock area and gauge just how badly he was being punished. He was thankful for the fact he was wearing gloves, although he had never been terribly worried about germs everything about this place seemed to suggest that anything he touched would be damp and covered in a thin sheen of slime.

Taking a long drag off his cigarette he took comfort in the nicotine, he was surprised no one was around to greet him... at least no one he could see. "Bonjour! Hello?" Aimé called into the fog. He had never been terribly superstitious either but he got a bad feeling from this place, a feeling that told him calling out into the emptiness might not be a good idea while he was alone. Granted he was hardly defenseless but judging by the sheer inhospitable -uh- ness of the place he had a nasty feeling that anything that would willingly live out there wasn't going to be afraid of his gun and knife. Not that he believed in such nonsense, but nonetheless as he looked out into the distance where he could see his base, but only barely, he felt a chill and shuddered.

"Ugh" he repeated simply.
MakesYouWonder

Re: Aimé Arrives (Open)

Postby Connal Reid » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Connal was starting to wonder if one could go actually go stir crazy inside a base so seemingly large, because that's how he was starting to feel. He had been around for months, now, with no sign as to when the fighting between the two groups was actually going to begin. It was already winter, December, and still he was doing nothing. So now, because it was cold out, the Pyro had decided to head out and check if the river was starting to ice over or not. Probably not, seeing as how far down south they were, but it was at least something to do.

It was chilly out, at least. Enough for him to not be completely uncomfortable inside his suit, and even enough for him to have the mask on. Having learned from the last time he was outside of the base on his own, he carried his axe with him. Yes, there was a cease fire, but technically hitting someone with a fire axe wasn't firing on them. Technically.

Wait, was that a voice? Connal tilted his head to the side, heedless of the fact that wouldn't really help with a rubber mask over his head. He waited for a few moments, but didn't hear anything else. Shrugging it off, he continued to the docks. If it wasn't frozen, perhaps he could skip rocks, or, if rocks would be too hard to find, he could always lob globs of mud at it. However, as he neared, he saw a figure taking shape. There was definitely someone standing there, but he was too far away for it to look much more than a shadow. The Michigander halted, gripping his weapon tightly in both hands. "Whrr trhm!?" he called out. Oh, right, the mask. He removed it quickly, not wanting to take his eyes off the already barely visible figure, and shouted again, "What team!?"
Last edited by Connal Reid on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Why hadn't he thought to bring a coat? It was frigid out, he rubbed his arms with a shudder, he hated the cold... hated it with a passion, it was hard to look dignified when your nose is running and your cheeks looks like someone had been slapping you for hours. And trembling didn't look very professional either, more like you were begging to be brought inside and given a flu shot, of course he was overreacting, this cold wasn't the most horrible he had seen, but far be it from him to ignore a legitimate reason to complain.

He heard the voice, but couldn't for the life of him understand what it said, he put his hands on his hips and waited and sure enough there was a more audible voice asking him what team he was. He tossed his cigarette butt onto the dock and crushed it with his foot "Ze RED team, now can we skip ze pleasantries I would very much like to get inside where it's warmer" he said.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm

With a relieved smile, Connal continued forward, leaving the mask in the same hand as his weapon. "Hey," he greeted once he could clearly see the Spy. "Base is this way," he continued, jabbing a thumb behind him. "Need help carrying anything up there?" He hadn't introduced himself because the new arrival asked if he could skip it. Besides, it was pretty obvious what class the both of them belonged to.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Lifting his eyebrows Aimé glanced over the teammate who had apparently been wandering around and just happened to stumble on him, not terribly bad looking and whatever his name was had the good decency to be polite. Smiling Aimé clapped his hands together "Ah merci mon ami, I do appreciate you looking out for me" he said cheerfully "Since you were so generous to offer would you be so kind az to carry my suitcase?" the very first time he had been due to ship out they had given him a rather lumpy looking satchel of some sort to carry his belongings in. He had taken one look at it and promptly had a fit until he was allowed to choose something of his choosing.

"Oh 'ow rude of me not to introduce myself, my name is Aimé and might I inquire az to ze name of my rescuer?" he asked.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:36 pm

So this guy spoke French. Connal wondered if he was from France, or if he was Canadian. "Yeah, I can get your suitcase," he replied, and leaned down to get it. Somehow he thought it would be a little heavier. When the Spy introduced himself, the Pyro knit his eyebrows together for a moment. Interesting to be called a rescuer, but did this guy say his name was Amy? Oh well, people couldn't help the names their parents gave them. "My name's Connal. I's cool seein' a new face around here, 'specially since it seems like we've lost a few guys already," he explained. He motioned for Aimé to follow him, and he started making his way back to the base.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:22 pm

"Connal... such an interesting name... but zen again you seem ze interesting type" he said with a smile even as he tried to keep his teeth from chattering in the cold. "I certainly 'ope et's warmer in ze base zen et iz out 'ere" he said thoughtfully as he followed the Pyro in the direction of the base. To pass the time while he thought of something else to say Aimé kept his eyes planted on the other's backside, letting out a thoughtful hum of appreciation.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:10 am

"Um... Thank you?" he replied, as he walked. It wasn't that the Pyro was unappreciative of the compliments, it was more he wasn't used to them. "Y'can always call me Reid, if it's easier. Plenty of people have, before." Not so much here, though, he realized. Even Jericho always called him by his first name. He had to laugh a little at temperature complaint. "Ah, it's what, forty, forty-five? That's not so bad." The idea that Aimé might be more used to Celsius never even crossed Connal's mind. "Back where I'm from, I bet there's all kinds of ice and snow everywhere right now." Although, they've had late winters before, so he couldn't be sure. It's not like he was keeping in touch with anyone in Michigan, anyhow.

"So, how long you been workin' with RED, anyhow?" Connal asked, giving a quick glance back at the Spy. He mistook the downcast eyes as him just watching where he was going.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:20 am

"I'll take zat into consideration" he answered thoughtfully coming to the agreement that the Pyro did indeed have a nice ass, granted he was young and it was a given but he could appreciate a good bottom without needing to drag logic into his appraisals. "Not bad? You must be joking" he muttered flatly. He had hated the cold before joining up with RED and he hated it just as much after since the various bases he had been in tended to have any number of heating issues, was it any wonder he kept inviting people into his bed? RED or BLU a warm body was a warm body.

"What? oh RED" he said focusing his attention to the topic on hand as he lit a second cigarette "Years" he answered simply, to him it seemed he had traded one life sentence with another, but as long as it kept him away from prison bars or worse... wrinkles, he could tolerate it.

"What about you mon ami? 'ow long 'ave you been wiz RED?"
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm

He had to chuckle at being told he was joking. Maybe the others thought he was being just as silly when he arrived, complaining about how incredibly hot it was all the time. So this Spy had been around quite a while. It was interesting, the differences in how long everyone here had been with RED. "Me? Only about... Mmm... Five months, give or take. I got here in July, an' this is my first base. Feels longer, though, since we've been in a cease fire the whole time."

"Oh, careful around this part of the path, it gets muddier around here," the Pyro warned, slowing a bit so he could be more careful with his steps. As much as he weighed, especially with the addition of Aimé's luggage, it would really be a pain if he got stuck in the mud. "The base isn't that much farther, jus' so ya know."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:40 pm

"Cease fire?" he asked curiously, well that was good news, he didn't have to worry about running around and getting himself all sweaty and his clothing torn and scratched, although he doubted there was an abundance of things to do to compensate for the lack of senseless killing. Thankfully he had stored some book in his suitcase just in case.

"What mud I-" Aimé began but was cut off by a wet sound when he put his foot down, instantly there was a slimy wet feeling seeping into his pant leg and sock. "Zat's good to 'ear" he muttered his teeth clenched around the end of his cigarette as he nonetheless continued to push forward after the other. "So, 'ow do you kill time around 'ere?" he asked.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 pm

"We do what we can," Connal replied, taking care to step over a high-reaching tree root, and not trip over it. "There's a TV, but it's black and white, one of the dials keeps comin' off, and the reception's pretty crappy. I found a deck of cards, once, but I dunno what happened to 'em. Oh, I tried to get a party going on Halloween." That had... mixed results. At least he could say people showed up. "I also got a boombox and a bunch of cassettes. I always just played 'em loud as it could get before, but it bugs Jericho, so I been tryin' to keep it a little quieter, these days. Actually, I was headed to the docks 'cause I was bored. Figured I could skip a few rocks, or hurl mud if nothin' else. Don't think there'd be many fish t' catch in the winter." It was getting to the point where he was thinking about learning more recipies and different ways of cooking things, as girly as that sounded.

"Hey, you can see the base now," the Pyro pointed out. The path had dried into something mostly stable, so walking was easier again. Connal gave his neck a quick crack, then glanced back to ask, "Whadda you normally like to do for fun?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Aimé was less then enthused by the lack of proper entertainment that he would be dealing with... but then again what could he expect from a base out in the middle of a mud swamp? It wasn't a fancy hotel but at least it was better then four walls and some bars, although he was rapidly beginning to question his decision considering where he had been sent to. He was already beginning to come up with ways to keep himself busy, when you couldn't find entertainment you found a way to make some up, at least his time as the orphanage had been good in the sense it kept his creative mind active since you didn't get a lot of toys back then.

At the question Aimé wasted no time in answer "Ozzer teammates" he answered before adding quickly "But don't worry mon ami, ef I am not your type I am 'ardly going to waste my effort in pursuing you" he said, for some reason he had found in the last few bases that you had to specify that or else people eyed you a strange way.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Connal didn't think much of the first answer other than how it would probably be a bit difficult. He had only met one girl on his team, after all, and if the information on their bulletin board was to be believed, there were at least a few women on the BLU team. Then, however, Aimé added that little bit extra that almost asked if the Pyro was his type, and that caused him to nearly miss a step. The redhead teetered a bit, but managed to keep balance by using the suitcase as a counterweight. "Wh- y- I-" he stammered, before stopping himself. Just because saying something like that would have probably gotten that guy a beating back where Reid was from, didn't mean he had to be the same way about it. Especially since he was a teammate, it was part of his job to watch out for other REDs. "I'm not a fag," he was finally able to say, and hoped it would be left at that. RED certainly was a strange company.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Aimé snickered a bit to himself behind his hand when the other stumbled and stammered, he was definitely cute when he was flustered, it seemed even in this day and age when people were a bit more open-minded then they had been when he had been young there were still a few who found the idea of a man being attracted to a man a little unsettling. "I never said you were" Aimé pointed out stepping alongside Connal, taking care to walk so that his shoe didn't squish loudly "You don't 'ave to be a fag to enjoy the company of anozzer man, close your eyes and pretend et's a woman if you wish, some of us are just in it for ze sensation, I bet you'd make an excellent bed partner... woman...or man" he said thoughtfully, leaning his head to the side and not so subtly eying the Pyro.

"Strong build, but a gentle way about you... et's 'ard to tell what sort of lover you'd be" he said "But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually... one way or anozzer" he said with a casual shrug.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Connal tried not to be offended at the implication that he was womanly; he honestly did. This guy was most likely French, and French people were all kinds of weird, so there was a good chance it wasn't supposed to be an insult. However, he did not like what kinds of horrible that last bit might have implied. At all. He stopped short of the front porch, just staring at Aimé with his mouth hanging open, the rest of his face slightly scrunched, and his eyes narrowed. "Dude... What the fuck kind of thing is that to say to someone!?" he demanded. "Look, I dunno what kind of base or bases you been to before, but here, we at least fucking respect each other. So I'll take your suitcase upstairs and show you where the bunks are, but you better keep your goddamn hands to yourself." With that, the Pyro stomped past - up until he got to the first step, as he didn't trust the old wood could handle that much stress. "'One way or another...' Shit..." Connal muttered. "And like hell I'm sharing a room with you!"
Last edited by Connal Reid on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 pm

At the outburst Aimé paused to let the words soak into his head before suddenly he laughed and reached out patting the Pyro's shoulder "My apologies mon ami, I waz merely teasing zat's all, I did not mean to offend, I assure you I 'ave absolutely no intention of forcing myself upon you, I promise I won't even molest you" he said brushing past Connal and making his way up onto the porch "Besides you aren't exactly my type and I do 'ave some standards in terms of how long I must know someone before I 'op into bed wiz zem" he pointed out. He was honestly expecting to be hit after becoming so forward so quickly, throughout his many transfers he had encountered all sorts of interesting reactions to his out and about personality... only a minute fraction of them good.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Connal Reid » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Well, now I feel like a jackass. Kinda. He really probably shouldn't have assumed the worst so quickly of someone he'd just met, even if their conversation had been kind of messed up. Maybe a little bit more than kind of. "...I's not fuckin' funny..." he protested, even as the Spy seemed to just not care. Even if he didn't actually think Aimé would be physically able to force the Pyro into anything, it still just... wasn't something people should joke about.

Still, Connal followed the Spy the rest of the way up to the porch. Then, however, he paused in front of the door. With a suitcase in one hand and his weapon and mask in the other, he wouldn't be able to open it. Not without setting anything down, at least. "C... Could ya get the door?" It felt weird to ask for a favor so quick, even such a small one, but... Well, he had to believe his teammates really were on his side, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby MakesYouWonder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 pm

"Don't be ridiculous" Aimé said leaning over and opening the door "Et's ze least I could do after you've been so tolerant of me and my... quirks" he said with a smile "Now zen... per'aps when you are feeling generous with your spare time you could per'aps show me around, give me ze tour, tell me 'o to avoid wiz my particular personality and so on" he suggested politely. As of this moment the Pyro was his only friend, it was a good thing he didn't worry terribly about first impressions otherwise he'd no doubt would've kicked himself for causing the poor man's outburst earlier.

He was surprised that Connal had even felt the need to ask him to perform a basic courtesy in opening the door for a teammate... sure he wasn't entirely faithful to the rules and had been known to occasionally bend them and even more occasionally break them but even he had standards for basic human interactions.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 pm

{don't mind me, just bringing the duo back together...}

There was a happy bark from a short distance away, and there was a hefty THUD as something large hit the ground. A bit of scrabbling, and a nearby door burst open, emitting a multicolored blob that came galloping for the Pyro.
Jericho did not do well in the increasingly chill temperatures, and combined with his reluctance to wear clothes, the hybrid had basically been confined to the base, where it was warm enough for his metabolism to keep up and thus allow him to stay conscious. It was not something he enjoyed in the least, since he could no longer go out wandering with his Master without first having to endure the annoyance of putting on a shirt and pants.
Which meant that the chimera was starting to act more and more like a dog when Connal returned to the base after being out, promptly attaching himself to the Pyro's hip the moment he heard the door open and caught a whiff of that familiar scent.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Docks