Drid On Arrival (Mags Intro) (Closed)

Where everyone arrives. Arrival is not team-separate, and we trust you'll be able to figure out which you're on. We send supplies plus purchases every month, on the first. The original dock was destroyed, and the current one is still only half-finished, so you're dropped off a bit of a ways up the bank where its safer to land. Just don't get lost.
The team Warehouses also stand out near here, or at least used to. RED's is the only one still standing, while BLUs seems to have been burned to the ground. Or maybe exploded. Or both.

Drid On Arrival (Mags Intro) (Closed)

Postby HauntedParka » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:22 am

Twin shocks of amber flickered to life as the slumbering young man was jostled awake by a gruff, meaty hand on his shoulder. Miguel blinked slowly, forgetting where he was for a few seconds; he didn’t actually know where he was, but he was sure she had arrived at his destination: Swamp Rat. He smacked his lips together experimentally, grimacing from the taste in his mouth: morning breath and rotting wood. The air was thick with moisture, causing his tongue to feel heavy and uncomfortable in his mouth. The air will take some getting used to.
The brunette craned his neck up slowly from his hunched position. Miguel didn’t expect much from the place, considering it was named ‘Swamp Rat’, though it still felt unwelcoming and gloomy. The thick curtain of fog blanketing the area in grey didn’t particularly brighten his quick evaluation of the place. He’d never seen an actual swamp except on T.V. back at home, so he couldn’t help but feel somewhat obligated to find some good in it.
“So, ah… end ’uh the line, huh?” It was more of a statement than a question. The Brooklynite stretched his arms above his head as he straightened his back. His vertebra creaked and popped with protest as they were forced back into place, coaxing a lazy, gratified smile from Miguel. He lurched forward into a standing position with a little difficulty, before twisting his torso this way and that to get the blood pumping. With a final grunt and a clap, he finished his routine with all of his limbs now back in working condition.
He turned to the burly man who’d unceremoniously roused him from slumber. He was a few inches taller than Miguel and twice as wide. “Ain’t I s’ppost’a get some kinda of instructions or somethin’ maybe? I dunno .” When he spoke, he gestured with his hands and ended with a shrug. The burly man remained silent as he stared at the anxiously fidgeting man before him.
Last edited by HauntedParka on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HauntedParka

Re: Drid On Arrival (Mags Intro)

Postby Tentacles » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:52 pm

James had been walking down to the docks anyway; good way to think, clear his mind, and catch a tasty dragonfly or two when nobody was looking.

As he approached, he saw that another boat was waiting at the edge of the dock; another transfer? So soon after him? Maybe HQ was getting desperate to fill the spots at this god forsaken place, and it was becoming clear why...

Didn't look like the poor soul had departed the rickety looking craft yet though. He cupped a hand against his mask and called out.

"HUUUDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby HauntedParka » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:30 pm

“Dios Mio!”, he shrieked as he flinched violently. The stocky man, who was also the captain of the fine vessel they stood aboard, tutted at Miguel as he lumbered off into the cabin of the boat. The brunette scowled after the captain before attempting to play off his reaction.
He brushed non-existent dust from his pants. “Would you look at that, I got dust on my favorite god-damned jeans!”
Miguel cleared his throat audibly as he turned to the source of the outburst. He stuck his hands in his pockets, very unsure of what to do with them at the moment. “Uh…hi. Um, you…you on my team?” It was obvious from the almost entirely red suit the pyro wore, that he was on RED. “I mean, I’m Mags, nice to meet ’cha!”
The scout leaped onto the pier. The wood groaned under his sudden weight, but it did not break. Miguel hauled his travel trunk onto the pier with him, almost managing to drop it into the opaque depths in the process.
HauntedParka

Postby Tentacles » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:42 pm

It was perhaps a bit fortunate that the Scout would be unable to see James' brow furrow a bit as he watched the fresh transfer leap onto the docks. Damn kid probably didn't know what he was getting into with RED...

"Issh uh plssur. Jmms." he offered curtly, folding his arms. "...uuf currs wrrr un thhu ssumm tuhm, utthhrwss uh wudda hud tu arrblst yuh tu th' crrccddlls..." he followed up that lovely suggestion with a muffled giggle.
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby HauntedParka » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Miguel saluted the captain, though the stoic man only rewarded him with a blank stare as he shook his meaty, head. “See, he’s just shy. Really, he’s my *son though.” He guffawed at his little joke, though it wasn’t particularly funny. With a bit of effort, the speedster began to drag the heavy trunk towards the shore. He stopped when he heard the Pyro make a similar sound to the one before, though a bit more subdued. He assumed the person beneath the mask was speaking. Miguel tilted his head sideways; his face contorted in what could best be described as either pain or confusion. The extra teeth peeking out from beneath his lip only served to punctuate his expression further. “Run that by me one more time? I didn’t catch that.”

*son= slang for good friend
HauntedParka

Postby Tentacles » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:19 pm

The Pyro rolled his eyes. Of course, the kid was a rookie, and didn't know how to decipher muffled-speak. Figures. There was no way he was taking the mask off, not a CHANCE.

"JUMMS." he pointed at himself, sighing. "IMMA RRD, UND UF YUH WRRNRT U RRD U WHHUDDA FFDD YUH TU T'CRRCDLLS."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby HauntedParka » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Once again, Miguel dragged the trunk along the wooden walkway, resulting in a sharp ‘ka-thunk’ each time the heavy piece of luggage passed over a plank of wood. In a minute or so, he finally stepped foot on the rich swamp soil. The trunk landed with a damp thud behind him, though he paid no attention to it. Now finally up-close to the pyro he offered his new teammate a mildly calloused hand and a friendly smile. Miguel couldn't help but attempt to peer into the pitch-black eye-holes of the pyro's mask. He was mildly disappointed when his own handsome reflection beamed back at him.
“Uh, nice to meet ‘cha…Jems?” He spoke slowly since he was still unsure of what was said.”Well, Jems, could ya do me a solid? I dunno where the hell I’m s’post’a go, so can lead me to the base? I’d owe ya big-time.”
HauntedParka

Postby Tentacles » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:33 pm

The Pyro took the young man's hand with a sigh, the salamander's thin fingers tactile through the firm, gloved grip. Jems. Guess he was Jems now. Close enough. Wasn't worth yelling at the kid some more.

"Uff crrss uh'll ttkk yuh thrr." he pointed towards the RED base, gesturing with his other hand. "Cmmun, bffr uh dccdd t' fhhd yuh t'thu krrkudll snnphr..." he added, grumbling.
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby HauntedParka » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 pm

He guessed that was a yes. For what he hoped was the last time for the day, the rookie heaved at the leather strap. He was rewarded with an obnoxious ‘snap’ when the leather tore clean off of the burgundy-colored trunk.
Irritation rippled through the young man’s frame, morphing his previously cheerful expression into a deep glower. A chuck-Taylor clad foot shot up, striking a side of the trunk squarely in the middle. It hurt. Like hell. Miguel lowered his pulsating foot slowly.
“Ya mudda”, he hissed at the inanimate object as though he expected it to break down in tears. The trunk was tilted length-wise so it was now taller than it was wide. The rookie stood only a full head taller than the massive piece of luggage now. He encircled the trunk with his arms and stepped back, tilting it ever so slightly.
“Lead th’ way, boss. I’m ‘bout done here.” He stepped gingerly, turning back every-so-often to look where he was going.
HauntedParka

Return to The Docks