Paranormal Investigation (Rod, Open)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Paranormal Investigation (Rod, Open)

Postby Tentacles » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:31 pm

(BECAUSE I WANT TO DO THIS YO I'M JUST GOING TO ASSUME A FREAKING GHOST IS ENOUGH TO MAKE IT INTO SMALL TALK

The destroyed warehouse in and of itself was interesting enough to warrant investigation.

The possibility of a ghost was just the icing on the cake.

Yvette was having an easier time of transversing the wreckage of concrete then she had been having with the swamp itself. Apparently there had been zombies too, but there didn't seem to be any physical evidence except for...ahh, what was this?

"September 4th, remains of BLU's warehouse: evidence of chemical corrosives." she flipped on her pocket recorder, crouching down by a burnt in splash in a chunk of concrete and rebar. "Cause unclear."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Paranormal Investigation (Rod, Open)

Postby 12 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 pm

"Cause is pretty clear, lady." Rod had been watching for a bit silently, more curious than anything about why somebody would be poking around here. At first, he'd thought it was James coming back with news about his chip, but that had been shot down pretty quickly. After all, James wasn't a lady with a tape recorder. That was a pretty big difference. "Cor-whatever came out of the zombies. Then again, that wouldn't really be clear to you, 'cause you weren't there. But I can tell you that's what happened." He came out of his usual pile of rubble now, taking a slight bit longer than normal to get to decent visibility. This was partially for effect and partially because he was just lazy.

"But what brings you to this end of the swamp? I don't think it was the lovely lack of scenery. You can blame your Demo for that, also." Yep, still butthurt.
Lieutenant

;_; James can be a lady with a tape recorder

Postby Tentacles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:26 am

Without missing a beat, on the ghost's clarification she hit the recorder again. "Correction. Corrosives originated from the tissues of...wait." she turned to Rod with a grim frown. "Zombies are fictional."

The Medic stood, dusting herself off. "Probably just deluded or mentally ill individuals with a respawn related condition. A real pity they've all been killed, I would have murdered to have a look at one of them." the fact that there was a ghost in front of her didn't faze her a bit. She had already seen some unbelievable things in this line of work. Though the idea of zombies was a bit too much to swallow.

"And I'm here to continue my...research. Unfortunately I'm begining to suspect this is where the company shunts its failures. So I'm making the best of it. Even risking climbing over this disaster area for an opportunity to investigate reports of a phantasmal disturbance. And I appear to have found it."

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

The prettiest lady

Postby 12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am

"These definitely weren't. Kinda hard to say they are after you see one take down BLU's kid." He shook his head, pushing his sunglasses down a bit to give her a scrutinizing stare. "Either you're new, or you didn't come down for this mess with the rest of your team. Being that you don't think those zombies were real, I'm inclined to think you got here after the fact." At the words 'phantasmal disturbance', he snickered, cracking a grin. "Is that what they're callin' me these days? Pffff. And if you think I'm a disturbance, you should've seen the other guy in here. It's a shame he disappeared. He was at least entertaining." Rod pulled a face at that, though it lasted only briefly. So this doc wanted to ask some questions, huh? That was kind of odd, but he could deal with it. The grin came back, and he made an exaggerated show of considering what he was being asked. She was still a fair distance away, and Rod figured he could have a little bit of fun with this, just to test her reaction. Without any sort of warning, he faxed out of visibility, moving on over to a closer pile of rubble and taking a seat atop it before showing up again. Needless to say, he still looked smug.

"You wanna talk, huh? Alright, let's talk."
Lieutenant

pokerface.exe

Postby Tentacles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

Rod's 'teleporting' act did achieve a startled flinch out of the good doctor. "You've definately adapted well, I'll give you that." she composed herself, aiming the recorder at the smug looking ghost.

"Thank you for your cooperation. So, could you tell me then...you're limited to the footprint of this building?" this unfortunately was the question that got the pain train of inquiries rolling. "Did you expire here? What happens when you try to leave? How long have you been here?"

The Medic was offering her own unflinching gaze, looming over Rod with her usual unimpressed expression.
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby 12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:14 pm

That reaction was exactly what he'd been hoping for, and he outright laughed, not particularly aware of the fact that it might seem a little creepy when his appearance came into account as well. "Given how long it's been, I'd like to think I'm at least decent." He idly wondered if there was the possibility that he could mess with the recorder somehow. Wasn't that supposed to be a thing with ghosts? He'd never tried. "I'm not really sure, died under the docks, never tried, and apparently a few decades. News to me, though." That had been a special kind of terrible, learning that last bit. "I really have no idea how I've been stuck here as long as I have, but then again, time sort of gets redundant after a while of this." A sizable understatement. He didn't even know what day of the week it was, not that he really cared. "You got some sort of motive for all these questions, ma'am? It's not every day I get visitors, and nobody really comes around here to chat." That could be for plenty of reasons, but again, there was a severe lack of caring. As much as he liked socializing, he could do without it. "Curiosity, maybe? I can get that. Not every day you get to chat with a ghost."
Lieutenant

poke poke poke poke poke

Postby Tentacles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 pm

"Curiousity, in a sense. Research." she tucked the recorder under her arm and pulled out a small notepad, scratching away at it. "I've heard anecdotal accounts of manifestations at other bases but never saw any evidence."

She suddenly narrowed her eyes at Rod. "Unless this is a joke." the Medic's expression soured. "Someone having fun with their disguise kit."

Without a warning, she prodded at Rod with her pen.
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby 12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm

"Research for wha--hey, c'mon now! That's just irritating." He swatted at the pen, partially skeletal hand going right through it like it wasn't even there. Technically, he was the one that wasn't there, but he wasn't going to get too hung up on specifics. Going that route only lead to headaches, frustration, and existential crises. "Seriously, why is it that every single BLU that shows up here insists on sticking something through me? Not cool." He was more than a little tempted to respond with the usual hand through the face, but that didn't exactly seem all that appropriate. Not that it really mattered, but still.

"Moving on, though. There's more ghosts, huh? Weird. Never heard of that, but I guess I can't really judge on the matter." He snorted, rubbing his chin. "Wouldn't have believed it myself, but you can see how I've been corrected. Kind of hard to say I don't exist."
Lieutenant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1ELdPIN4A

Postby Tentacles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 pm

"You're intangible and people want to confirm what they're seeing for themselves. Human nature I suppose." she shrugged, taking a few more frantic notes without looking up at Rod. "As for the other 'ghost' reports, I suspect most of them are hallucinations or delusions; the incident at Harvest comes to mind. As I said...purely anecdotal. However you are undeniable physical evidence."

She tucked the notebook away and immediately produced a small bag of tools. That clinical gaze returned again. "I'm going to need some samples. IF I can get them."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby 12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:54 am

"Nonphysical seems a bit more accurate." he grumbled, shifting his position slightly out of habit. "I know I'm not a hallucination, which is nice. Don't see any pink elephants, after all." Still, being alive again would've been way nicer. He'd just have to wait and see on that front, so it seemed. If it was possible, Rod would've already taken a few trips to check up on how the little hybrid was managing, but as it stood, sitting around and getting prodded with pens looked like the best he'd be getting. Damn.

He straightened up when the toolkit came into play, casting Yvette a mildly disconcerted glance. "Lady, I don't think you're gonna have any luck with that. Kind of a little difficult to get a sample when your tools just go through me." The hell kind of sample did she mean, anyway? The Heavy couldn't think of what all could be useful from a ghost. Now was also not the time to start questioning the purpose of this BLU's research, for down that path was only Commies and tinfoil hats. Were Commies even still a thing after all this time? He could worry about that later.
Lieutenant

Return to In The Swamp