Those aren't doughnuts! (Enrico, Open)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Ruth quickly lost interest with the new human and her sister, and so nudged her nose against Enrico's hand in an attempt to encourage him to keep petting her. If she had a higher understanding of self and language, she might very well have been offended at being mistaken for a species of animal she wasn't even closely related to. As she didn't, however, it didn't exactly matter. And either way, getting pets would always be more important.

Saidah let out a quick string of typical laughter upon the push, since to her it was just as unexpected as her actions had been to Adrian. The man seemed to check out, since his arrival didn't seem to stir any fear or overt hostility in either present human, and his lack of fear to her was a bonus. Even though he smelled of chemicals, the young hyena hoped he would be more like the men from back home, and even more strongly hoped he would be up for some play time. So she raised a paw, and batted at him, in an attempt to get the request across. Game time now, yes?
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: Those aren't doughnuts! (Enrico, Open)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 am

Suppressing a snicker at Adrian's rather girl-ish squeak at being nosed in the crotch, Enrico frowned at the hyena in his lap when it nudged him, exhaling a sigh before grudgingly continuing the petting.
At least he wasn't being used as a tire substitute...
"Aye, it's mine. Been hidin' out this garage the whole time I was gone, still need some work t'get running proper again."
Rubbing the soft edge of one of the hyena's large conical ears between his fingers, the Sniper's frown deepened, directed at the shredded remnants of the tires.
"Course, won't matter if it runs if it hasn't got any tread. An' I haven't got any spares any more."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Adrian listened to the Sniper's sullen remark, looking at the torn-up tires. Perhaps that town wasn't such a bad idea. Maybe Henry or someone knew the way over there...

The Demoman was quickly distracted by the pawing of the canine. With a grin on its face as ever, the hyena looked like he(?) wanted to play. Adrian absently scritched at its neck while he thought, finally saying, "I sorta remember some kinda town outside the swamp. Couldn't get there off the top o' my head, I bet Henry knows, though. 'e's a guy who's always got some sorta answer."

...Right?
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Ruth's mouth fell open as her ear was pet, tongue lolling out the side. She tilted her head, leaned it toward Enrico a bit more. Yes, this felt very nice. Even if the Sniper didn't seem all that enthused about it, she was happy that he just kept at it.

Saidah turned her head towards the Demoman's arm, and hooked her paw over it to try to pull it in her mouth. She didn't intend to hurt him, just wanted to grab at and play around. No pets, pets later. Game time!
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 am

"Oh, aye, there's a town."
Enrico huffed, unoccupied hand lifting to straighten his hat while the other kept busy petting the hyena. Which was starting to act more like an actual pet than some wild beast, so he was beginning to relax a bit. The nice attitude certainly helped...
"Bout ten miles out, parallel t'the train tracks. Used t'be a rough bit of road, prob'ly grown over by now. Or sunk into the swamp. Or somethin'. Have t'four wheel out that's way, less we get a big mower or a helluva lot of gravel."
He grimaced.
"Really not terrian y'wanna go over on foot, trust me."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Penultimate Pi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 pm

"Right, right, I remember the train, 's what got me into the swamp. I sorta thought we could take it both ways, or at least walk on the track or somethin', but maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. Henry'd still know more about that."

Adrian yanked his hand away form the canine's mouth. Clearly it wanted something to do, so Adrian started scanning around. His eyes finally settled on a discarded, forearm-length length of pipe, and the Demoman picked it up. Wiping the grime off the pipe until it was satisfyingly clean, Adrian waved it at the hyena's nose, seeing if that would get any positive response.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 am

The Sniper snorted, slumping against the wall.
"Y'could try, it's fair logic. Cept the train tracks're under water most'a the year from all'a the rain an' we haven' got any boats around here at base. Which is a bloody shame if y'ask me, could do with a bit'a fishin' now an' again."
God, how he hated the swamp some days...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

All my posts here are turning into baby posts.

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Saidah followed Adrian, trying to poke her nose into what he was doing. It seemed he had been willing to play one moment, and now he was... looking for something? Then there was a bit of metal in her face, and while it took a second, the hyena realized what it meant. Toy! With restored enthusiasm, the young predator snapped forward, trying to bite and hold on to the end of the pipe.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Once the joyful little pet snapped a hold on the end of the pipe, Adiran started pulling and struggling on it, in a way similar to a game of Tug-o-War. Meanwhile, he racked his brain as to how to go about solutions.

"We could build one. Can't be 'at hard," Adiran suggested, then shook his head. Probably not enough raw supplies to do that, and there was a fine difference between what was salvageable and what was actually usable. "Oh, wait, maybe we could figure out- gah, what is it...? Uh, some sorta... air... dammit..."

Adiran slackened on the pipe, clenching his forehead as tried to wrap his head around the concept and term of an airboat.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Enrico quirked a curious brow at seeing the Demoman and the hyena playing Tug with a bit of pipe, frowning when he noticed it was a bit of his car's exhaust. Well, at least it was just the end bit, if the muffler had gotten busted...
The Thing was loud enough already, it didn't need to get any louder.

He looked down to the hyena sprawled across his lap, sighing as he rubbed its ears.
"Problem's not ability, mate. It's supplies. We got wood a plenty in the forest around us, but no way t'harvest it for use, there's wildlife about for hide and bone, but we've only got so much ammunition and I doubt we got the means t'tan anythin' or even the skill for it. Best bet would prob'ly be tryin'a make a raft or some such an' just pole down the river."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Watch as I make assumptions based on absolutely zero researc

Postby Connal Reid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Saidah gleefully yanked on the pipe, full of enthusiasm as she tried to tear it away from the Demoman's grasp. She even hooked a paw on it and twisted her head to the side, trying to give herself more leverage. When Adrian's grip lessened, the young hyena managed to wrench it away, the pipe clanging loudly as it hit the ground. She proceeded to gnaw at it, biting in several places, actually leaving behind visible dents in the metal. That should be a pretty big tip off that she wasn't actually a dog. Alternatively, at the very least it would show she wasn't an average mutt.

Ruth laid in Enrico's lap like a lump, perfectly happy to keep him trapped in place and possibly cause his legs to fall asleep. Now that he actually started petting her, he was amazingly compliant. Good, she wouldn't have to go nipping at his ankles this way.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Previous

Return to In The Swamp