A More Sober Meeting [Henry, Gerhard, James, etc]

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Re: A More Sober Meeting [Henry, Gerhard, James, etc]

Postby Puffin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Niklas weighed what the little pyro and the chimera said for a minute before speaking. They did have a point, especially Jericho, who seemed to know much more than anyone else from the start. "Whether it did what it did on purpose really doesn't matter. It may be smart, but it's not invincible," he finally said. "But we can't just let it live. More people will be hurt or killed, and like I said before, we have next to no supplies, so there's no way I can keep treating the inevitable injuries. Or any others, for that matter."

"And to make things worse, we can't even get new supplies in until we rebuild the docks, and we can't rebuild the docks until we deal with the lizard. I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'd rather die a few times in the process of killing it, than simply waiting around for our supplies to run out completely." One significant advantage they all had was the power of respawn, which the monster likely didn't have. Well, at least he hoped not.

Pushing such unpleasant thoughts from his head, he looked down at the rather upset chimera at his feet. "Jericho, you know the most about it. There must be some weakness that we can exploit."
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:50 pm

The patchworked hybrid shrugged, still tense as he shifted his weight from foot to foot, though he purposefully kept weight off of his rear left leg. It still hurt to stand on that leg, whether from lingering trauma or what he didn't know.
"Is fast in water, very fast. But it can't come up on land, it's clumsy. It will try to leap up, grab you, drag you down, and if it has to come out of the water to do so, it will at least try. At least, it did with me..."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Tentacles » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 am

Ugh. What a fucking horror-show that day was. Still, he had to admire how straight to the point Jericho was...you know, just tried to drag me off to an unspeakable fate, nothing special...

"We could bait it." he cringed almost immediately after saying it, realizing the implications. Yes, someone will have to be willing to take their chances of being EATEN ALIVE. Clearly this is the best plan.. "Get someone fast to taunt it up onto the shore and then hit it with the nets."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Henry Adams » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Taking the mood cue, Henry brought his energy level down a touch. Between Jericho's description and James' plan, some serious ideas were being passed around. Now it was just about the perfect time to make the reveal. "Men, hybrids, I can deal with both of these problems in one statement."

Once again burying himself up the elbow in his bag, he pulled a box the size of a large microwave out into the room. It had a small keypad and most of it consisted of (much like a microwave) a large enclosed compartment. Reaching a hand out to the group, he gestured with a wave of his fingers. "Someone hand me a sample. Ammo, medicine, canteens, whatever really."
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Niklas frowned at Jericho's and James' discussion. This was going to be far messier than he had initially thought, and he wasn't expecting anything easy. Whoever was going to be bait would probably die since he might not be able to treat a serious injury (he barely had enough to help out poor Jericho, even with a medigun). "Someone like me or Gerhard could uber the person or thing acting as bait, but if the thing is as smart as Jericho says, it may know to avoid someone under the effects of an ubercharge."
It was then that Henry spoke up, effectively salvaging the conversation (and making him realize that he and the engineer were the only humans here). Reaching into the breast pocket on his coat, he pulled out a half-empty tube of medigel. "I don't have too much more of this back home, so make it count," he said, crouching down and handing it to the eager engineer.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Henry Adams » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Gingerly accepting the tube, Henry cracked a smirk. "I don't think that particular issue is going to be a common complaint anymore..."

Opening the box, he placed the tube squarely in the center of the metal plate that served as its bottom. with the door shut, he simply pressed a large square button on the key-pad, and the box hummed to life with a green glow. Within seconds, it let out a shrill beep. One beep, half-way. Removing the tube, he handed it back to the medic After a moment, the device chimed out two more beeps. Two means we're clear.

"Congratulations, Niklas, you've been nominated to have the honor of initiating the first official activation of the Industrial Replication Device." Grabbing the medic's hand, he forced an index finger out and touched it to the biggest red button on the pad. With a slight flare of green glow and a few seconds delay, three beeps informed the waiting crowd that all operations had ceased. From the device, Henry removed an exact replica of the half-filled tube of medigel. "What you see here is not an illusion. Down to it's most basic chemical structure, I know hold what is, for all intents and pruposes, the SAME tube of gel that you, even now, warm in your palm. I heartily suggest using one to fill the other to capacity and repeating the process, for the sake of efficiency. Anyone else want to try?"
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Jericho shuddered, giving the Engineer a look that said pretty much everything about what he thought of the situation and the creature they were up against. No matter how sure Henry was that his little net thing would work, the chimera would only believe it when he saw the giant swamp monster chopped into itty-bitty bits in a bloody heap.

"I could help vizh zhe bait."
Gerhard took a 'step' forward, keeping his distance from the patchworked hybrid.
"Zhere vas anozzer creature before zhis vone, a type of mutated alligator snapping turtle. It killed vone of RED's Soldier's, und almost killed Madison und myself. Ve ver able to take it out vish brute force und I got a luck shot vizh mein crossbow."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Niklas flinched a bit when the Engineer grabbed his hand, but the effect was quickly lost in favor of the peculiar machine whose button he had just pressed. He watched in silence, only stopping to stare in disbelief in the fresh tube that was placed in his hand. He opened it and squirted a bit onto his finger. It seemed the same, and was just as full as the tube he had initially put into the machine. "I... wow," he said, temporarily robbed of his eloquence. "This is a very impressive machine, Henry, and you can bet I'll be abusing the hell out of this magic microwave, but how exactly will this help us kill Mr. Monster?"

"Hold on Gerhard," he said to the approaching tenta-medic. "Don't be so fast to volunteer yourself just yet. And by RED soldier I assume you mean Josif, but..." Josif had told him a vague story about something like this, but not that it was an inter-team effort. But he hadn't seen the soldier in quite some time, and wasn't holding his breath for him to come back. "Do you honestly think you could outswim it? If you like, and if you have an ubersaw, we could chain ubercharges." That could work pretty well if both of them knew what they were doing.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 pm

"I think, and I may be wrong about this, but I THINK he's suggesting that we go see what's left of the old beast and see if we can tempt the new one that way. Regardless, now we get to the OFFENSIVE capabilities of the magic microwave thingamajig." Flinging it open once more, he ripped a tattered piece of fabric from one of the chairs and tossed it in, sealing the lid behind it. once again sequencing the keypad, he let it hum away at the sample.

"The normal process of copying over material requires that you first break it down and analyze it, then convert to data. If you don't re-integrate the particles, what you end up with is a data-file of the scanned object that can be produced endlessly, but the original object est poofed. It doesn't seem like it'll do much good against a thirty-foot monster but, with some work, all it would take to upscale it is to use the power available through the smaller version. It'll provide all of the materials we need, so long as we can find the people to build it."

The machine once again cheerily beeped out its success, and this time, there was nothing to be seen within the magic green box. "Basically, we bait it, trap it, load it in, and come out with nothing more dangerous than a particularly angry computer document. We delete the file, to prevent it from being respawned if the system ever falls into the wrong hands, and our work here is done." With a smirk, he looked to the cieling, then back down to the group. "ALTERNATIVELY, we could, with some time and effort, do a little bit of... tweaking, to the data. This just in case the administration decides to fling another water-born beast our way. Thoughts?
Henry Adams

Previous

Return to In The Swamp