A More Sober Meeting [Henry, Gerhard, James, etc]

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

A More Sober Meeting [Henry, Gerhard, James, etc]

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm

[LOOK AT ME AREN'T I COOL BEING LATE TO MY OWN THREAD]

Niklas leaned on the wall next to the little corkboard, scratching his beard in thought. It had grown to the point where it looked presentable, but still itched from time to time. But there was more than facial hair on his mind. Namely, a certain teammate had been spending an indeterminate amount of time with the BLUs, and while he was grateful of the care they had shown him, it was about time to see what his condition was and bring him back to his own team.

So the medic waited. He had hoped that the quirky Engineer he was friendly with had taken the time to read his own message board, especially since someone else on RED had. He wished that he could've just gone directly to the BLU base, but not knowing how the rest of the team would react, and with the friendly neighborhood Swamp Thing prowling the waters, he didn't want to take the chance. If they were lucky, maybe this little get-together could get them thinking about how to deal with said Swamp Thing.
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: A More Sober Meeting [Henry, Gerhard, James, etc]

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Backpacks. SUCK.

Henry trudged back to the shack, doing his best to keep his equipment from pushing him face-first into the dirt. He wasn't entirely sure what the medic wanted to talk about, but he was glad someone had finally noticed his bulletin out in the swamp.

I should build some walkways. Make the whole trip a little more accessible...

Once his new friend was in sight, he waved an arm through the air to catch his attention. "Would you care to relieve me of a burden, here? I can feel an accident on the horizon..."
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Niklas' expression brightened considerably when he spotted the Engineer trudging through the muck, not immediately noticing the equipment that he was hauling. "Henry! Glad to see you showed u-- what the hell?" He stopped abruptly and simply nodded as the man requested help. He took the backpack, hefting a strap over his shoulder. It was manageable, but still quite heavy. "What's all this for?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Henry gave his shoulders a good round stretch and walked up to lean against the wall of the shack. "Call it testing. I'll tell you all about it in a little bit. I really think this could be our ticket out of this mess, though. It'll certainly prevent another Rufus fiasco from going down..."

It took a moment for his head to work itself out enough to continue. "So, who-all are we waiting for? I think Ger should be around pretty soon. Plus mr. Pyro-pants, whom I've yet to meet. Anybody else?"
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Niklas carried the load over to where he had been standing before next to the message board, gently laying down the heavy pack for the time being. "James is the only other person who expressed interest, and seems to be the only one who even noticed. I'm fine with that, honestly. I kind of wanted to keep it from being a whole big affair, since I'm not too familiar with everyone here yet and I didn't want to start a big production." Of all the teammates who could've accompanied him, he was perfectly satisfied with James, with whom he had spent a good few hours searching for Rufus anyway.
"I don't know when he'll get here, though. I imagine not too long."
Last edited by Puffin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:57 pm

"Me."
A grunt from behind a tree not to far from the RED Medic, and a familiar face popped out into the open, closely followed by an equally familiar patchworked mess of a body as Jericho came pacing up, sitting himself down beside Niklas. He looked up to the doctor, frowning as he huffed through his nose.
"Should know better than to wander off with that monster around. Followed you to make sure you wouldn't go and get killed."
Well, that and to see what the heck the Medic was sneaking around for. Though, the fact that a man that tall could sneak around in the first place was quite a feat.

Bushes shook, leaves tumbling to the ground as the woody branches were shoved roughly aside by a few lengths of blue muscle, Gerhard cursing under his breath as he came stumbling out of the brush. Always, always with the hiking thing-!
"Alright, Henry, was ins zhe vorld are ve doing out-"
The TentaMedic froze, words stuttering mid-sentence as he realized that it wasn't just his team's Engineer about anymore.
"Here..."

{Quick Note: Gerhard is NOT in disguise at this point. Even if he had started with it on at the base, the motions required for him to traverse more rough terrain would cause the disguise to disperse. He has not revealed himself to any RED but James at this point. Please react accordingly.}
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

time for hudda

Postby Tentacles » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah, naw. Even if this was going to be just a friendly little inter-team weapons testing shindig, the salamander had already been burned too many times out in the swamp to be traveling unarmed. Especially where BLUs who apparently could sneak RIGHT INTO HIS BASE were concerned. Not to mention his increasing paranoia that there was more then one monster afoot.

Flamethrower and gas mask equipped, the firebug approached the scene cautiously. Huge Medic was already here, and so was good old Gerhard. Huh. He could probably take on that scrawny Engineer punk if he had to...
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Niklas was surprised to see Jericho, but couldn't help but give the cranky hybrid a bit of a wily smile. "But I'm not alone, Jericho. I know by now not to go near the water. In fact, I learned that on my first day. But I'll explain when everyone gets here." Still, it was a nice gesture, and it was kind of cute seeing how protective the chimera got. He had brought his ubersaw just in case, though he wasn't wielding it.

He was even more surprised to see another shape burst through the bushes, this one blue instead. It was the medic he had asked Henry to bring, though he didn't remember the man being a hybrid from their last meeting. "Glad to see you came along!" he said, giving the rather flustered man a smile. "Though I didn't know that you were half... ah.. uh... bläckfisk?" God damn it. He normally didn't doubt his proficiency in his second language, but occasionally certain words would escape his memory, usually at the most inopportune times. "What's the word in English?," he asked sheepishly, looking back and forth at his companions.

Any trace of embarrassment was lost as soon as the third newcomer trundled up, wearing his full rubber suit. He hardly looked intimidating from the medic's point of view: just like a tiny man wearing clothes and holding a weapon that were both too big for him. "And hello to you, James." He clapped his hands together, grinning. "Great! Everyone's here then."
Last edited by Puffin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:19 pm

"Hey hey, boys. I see you brought your equipment, as requested. Thank you for paying attention." Henry pushed himself off the wall and waved everyone over. "I've got a fair bit to tell you about, between our latest troubles and how I plan to deal with them. Before that though, I believe Niklas had something to discuss, so huddle up and let's get this meeting started."

Looking around at the motley crew before him, he stuck his hands on his hips and pondered for a moment. "Shall we continue this inside?"
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Jericho huffed, rolling his eyes at his team's Medic, but it was the arrival of the BLU's Medic that caught his attention. He'd seen the man before, the last party most clear in his mind, but in all the ruckus he hadn't caught the man's scent. Or rather, the lack of it. The BLU Medic was a blank, a scent without a scent, and now that he was seeing the man, really seeing, he knew why-!

Before Gerhard had a chance to formulate a reply or even attempt to fumble for the watch he used to disguise himself, he found himself tackled to the ground, a heavy weight on his chest and claws digging into his shoulders.
"Was die-?! Ach, vould you-?! OFF!"
The patchworked hybrid yelped as he found himself caught up in a trio of thick tentacles and heaved bodily off the slightly breathless BLU Medic, who gave the chimera a cross look and shook his head before moving to set the other hybrid down. Once he was sure the chimera wouldn't be jumping on him again (though he couldn't prevent him from circling around him like a cat and sniffing at him like a particularly tenacious dog), Gerhard brushed himself off as best he could and turned his attention to the group as a whole.
"Octopus. Zhe Australian blue spotted vone, I zhink, but I am schtill vorking on zhat."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

OK OKAY GONNA MOVE THIS ALONG FO REAL THIS TIME

Postby Puffin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am

Niklas was about to agree with Henry and head inside with the rest of the motley crew when Jericho decided that he didn't like the BLU medic and lunged. "What the hell, Jericho?!," the RED medic growled before moving to pull the less human hybrid off, but was stopped when the other doctor simply moved him off with those long tentacles. Now that was impressive. "How did you manage to keep those hidden anyway?," he asked incredulously. From what he could remember, the guy had legs.

"Ah, yes, octopus. I can't believe I forgot that," he said, more than a little embarassed for having forgotten. "Regardless, Henry has the right idea. Let's head inside, shall w-- knock it off!" he said to the chimera angrily, who had decided to circle around the other doctor like an angry puppy. Well, time to hopefully diffuse the situation. He picked up Henry's heavy pack and went inside casting a quick glance at his companions and nodding. Once everyone else was inside and situated, he turned to the Engineer. "Would you like to go first, or should I?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Henry had to think for a moment staring back at the medic in the doorway oh my god war movie title and trying to figure what would be most efficient. He was very excited over his own work, as he always was, but there was a good chance the medic's two cents would be short and sweet, so it was probably best to let that run its course.

"You had some questions, right? You go ahead and say your piece. I kind of like the big reveal." Leaning so as to get a look out the door at the circling pair. "Oh boys? Boys? Can we save the mating ritual for another day please? There are kind of important things going on here, m'kay? Fall in line so we can get to the good stuff."
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Niklas just laughed at Henry's comment about the little squabble, but quickly got control of himself. Now wasn't the time to get sidetracked, no matter how tempting. "Well," he replied, setting Henry's pack down on the ground, his face growing serious. "My first question was going to be what was in this bag. But I imagine you'll get to that eventually, so..." He eyed Gerhard. "My second question is about Rufus, who I've been told is safe in your care. If his health permits, I think it's about time we brought him back, and at the very least, I'd like to see what it was exactly that had nearly killed him."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:01 pm

The TentaMedic frowned slightly, glancing sharply towards Henry and his fat blabbering trap before inhaling a short breath and turning to his fellow doctor.
"Rufus contracted a very severe bacterial infection zhat effectively neutralized his immune system und sapped wasever strength he may have had to fight back. I vas able to counteract it vizh intravenous antibiotics, vhich I am guessing vere in short supply in your own Infirmary judging from zhe state of him, but he ist still very veak und I vould not recommend moving him vhile zhere are still open sores covering his lower half. I haff been keeping him mildly sedated so he may sleep und recover some of his strengzh."
Otherwise, the man likely would have lurched awake screaming in pain in the midst of having the abscesses drained.
Definitely not a good thing.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Puffin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Niklas simply frowned at Gerhard's explanation. "A bacterial infection, really?" He thought for a minute. "We are desperately low on supplies, so if he didn't have antibiotics to treat it, I guess it could theoretically do that level of damage... But what exactly do you mean by 'his lower half'? Was he covered from waist to toe in sores? What would cause such a thing?" Niklas trusted Gerhard's explanation, but things were just getting weirder by the minute. And how did he manage to let it get to that point?
"At some point in the near future, I'd like to take a look at him, sedated or no, if that's alright with you." Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

The TentaMedic's expression twitched, his near-neutral composure jerking into something bordering on enraged before he was able to catch himself.
"I have reason to believe zhat he self-mutilated at some point, vone of zhe reasons he vound up vizh zhe infection in zhe first place. I haven't any evidence at zhis point, most of zhe remaining injuries have eizzer healed or vere caused by zhe infection, but..."
He shook his head, lifting a hand to straighten his glasses.
"Anyvay, I zhink he vould appreciate zhe company of a teammate, he doesn't like mich much."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Henry turned back to the towering swede and gave a hearty clap of his hands. "Now that that's been dealt with, can we move on from the pink grumpus and get to the good news? I've got something I think we can ALL appreciate. I mean, this is printing press levels of amazing. More importantly, it'll mean we don't ever get into this little situation again." Taking his pack and flopping it onto one of the chairs, he unzipped it and began to remove bits of packing paper that had been used to cushion the bag's contents. Once a small bonfire's worth of paper was scattered across the floor, he pulled out a thin metal tube, polished to a gleaming finish.

"I present, for your viewing pleasure, exhibit one. This is the Mcbitchtits Adams brand micro-net launcher. Using super-compressed air, it launches a weighted net built of carbon nano-fibers, so thin as too be invisible to the human eye, and slice through even the toughest slabs of conccrete with minimal effort. chops through ice, then cuts a tomatoes super thin, then carries on through the counter and into the face of your local Giant Fucking Swamp Monster. On launch, the weights pull the net to it's maximum width, minimizing the need for a second shot. If you DO need a ssecond shot, it comes with three nets pre-loaded, however it cannot be reloaded without specialty equipment of my design, so don't count on a forth unless you get a second tube. Can I get a starting bid? ...Anyone?"
Henry Adams

Postby Puffin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 am

Niklas noticed the angry expression that briefly flashed over Gerhard's face as he answered his questions. That, combined wIth his sobering explanation didn't make the RED doctor feel much better. It really brought up more questions than it answered. A case of self-mutilation implied a whole lot of emotional baggage that was just going to make things much more complicated.

He was about to continue his inquiries when he was suddenly cut off by Henry's enthusiasm. "But it hasn't really been dealt with. There's more I'd like to know, and this is important..." He trailed off once he realized that his words were falling on deaf ears, and that the engineer was going to move onto whatever it was in the bag whether he liked it or not. He rubbed his shoulder angrily, quite visibly annoyed. He stooped a bit, leaning towards Gerhard. "We can discuss this more afterwards," he said in a low voice to his fellow doctor.

He straightened and watched the engineer give his presentation, his expression softening a bit as Henry explained. It was quite impressive, and it was clear that no details had been spared. Plus he was quite pleased to see that someone finally had something to deal with their little swamp problem. "That's an interesting piece of technology, Henry, but in order to use it on the swamp monster, we have to lure the swamp monster to it."
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:06 pm

There was a low growl from about the RED Medic's ankles, and those who looked would see Jericho with his ears down and his hackles up, very much not pleased for one reason or another. He was glaring quite openly in the Engineer's direction, but his anger didn't really seem to be directed towards the Engineer himself...
"Stay away from water. It's not the stupid thing you think it is, smart and fast and angry-!"
The chimera backed up a step, glare still fixed in the general direction of the BLU (or was it the water?) as he sought to put some distance between himself and the monster Henry hoped to harm. Sure, the net thing might work, it might hurt the thing, but then it would be out for revenge, and it would not stop, it never stopped...

Gerhard glanced over to the defensive chimera, a brow quirking before he looked up to the other REDs.
"Do eizzer of you haff any idea was he ist talking about?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

and the story continues

Postby Tentacles » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:39 pm

"...I think he's trying to say its more clever then that." the Pyro had discarded the mask for the moment (really no need for it, he could always beat the Engineer to death with his flame thrower, maybe...). "It might not be dumb enough to be led into a trap. It has a certain..." great, how to describe this without sounding absolutely off his rocker? You know, that thing seems pretty deliberately sadistic, you should be careful, its probably a fucking chess champion!

"...it destroyed the docks on purpose. I think. And when it attacked Jericho, it went straight for him instead of me. Like it had some kind of vendetta. Or something."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Next

Return to In The Swamp