Swamp-Party! (All are Invited)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Re: Swamp-Party! (All are Invited)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Jericho noticeably perked up at the canine's arrival, ears pricking up and forwards in interest as his nostrils flared, and he leaned forward to sniff once the dog came close enough. He huffed afterwards, a vaguely disappointed expression crossing his face, but he failed to provide any comment, simply turning back to chowing down on another brownie.
So much for having a fellow quadruped to talk to...

The BLU Medic tried and failed to keep a frown from his face, eyes narrowing as he observed his fellows inebriation, and he shook his head when the Engineer offered him a glass.
"I don't drink, Herr, especially on zhe job."
A glance towards the Pyro was vaguely amused, but it was the RED Medic that gained the most attention. Or rather, the instrument the man was apparently preparing to play. Gerhard sidled a little closer, head cocked slightly as he looked over the clarinet and proceeded to introduce himself.
"Gerhard Melsbach, Head Medic. Do you play...?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 am

12 almost fumbled the drink when he was pulled into the chair, leaving him trying to get a better grip on it and, for the most part, failing. When Henry spoke, he looked up, confused--who the hell was Joey...? He was starting to wonder how many drinks the Engineer had already had at this point. It would make more sense if he was talking to one of the REDs, but he didn't seem to be. Odd. When the other Medic went ahead and introduced them, nobody by that name showed up, which did earn an eyebrow raise. He wiggled a little in an effort to settle into the chair, trying to sit in a way that wouldn't mash his tail and still be comfortable. "Who're you talkin' to...?" he asked quietly after a moment, expression now mildly worried. Henry couldn't have been drunk enough to start seeing people, could he? The hybrid wasn't sure how long this event had been going on, so maybe that was a possibility after all. Dammit, he'd have to drag him back to base if he passed out--12 had no intentions of ditching him out here.

With that confusion still very much in his mind, he glanced down at the drink, looking perhaps a bit uncertain as to whether or not he should drink it. What was even in this thing? It smelled kind of strange, for lack of a better word. The Scout tentatively took a sip, staring at the drink immediately after. That wasn't too bad, no, but that didn't tell him what it was. Or what was going on, though it did look like a party; upon closer inspection, that did seem to be the most probable explanation. Why else would there be booze, music, and an obviously drunk guy with a mohawk shoveling brownies into his face? Well, at the moment, the brownies were given a reprieve. It seemed like this RED--Connal, from what...Niklas had said--knew Gerhard, at least a little. He wrinkled his nose a little; it just felt weird to refer to them by name, to be blunt. Still, if this was a party, the least he could do was call them by name.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:29 am

"Connal," Niklas said, suddenly taking notice of the big pyro attacking a bottle of tequila. "You shouldn't be drinking liquor after you've already have beer. You'll be paying for it in the morning." He gave the pyro a bit of an annoyed look before turning his attention once again to the newcomers. The bird-scout seemed shy and wary of their presence. And his name was Joey, apparently. Niklas decided to give him his space, but was a bit dubious when the Engineer handed him a drink. The boy didn't look like the type that could hold a light beer, let alone a mixed cocktail. He did call the big dog over and gave him some vigorous scratches behind the ears, mumbling words of affection and praise in Swedish, only stopping when the BLU medic approached.

"Well then, nice to meet you, Gerhard. Please, have a seat," He replied happily, looking the man up and down and raising his eyebrows when he refused the drink. It was just champagne, what was he worried about? He was considerably younger than Niklas had initially thought when he first saw him from a distance. But he could see the way that Gerhard was eying the clarinet. It was the look of a musician who had just found his instrument. An ear-to-ear grin spread slowly over his face. "I do play, and judging by the way you're staring at it, am I right to assume that you do, as well?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Connal let out a small huff after being pretty much snubbed by the BLU doctor. He knew it shouldn't bother him that someone from the enemy team, of all people, would ignore him, but he figured the guy would at least look surprised at seeing someone from so far back. Maybe BLU wasn't having the same problems as RED...

As the Pyro's head turned, so did his attention. "Oh, neat. I didn' know BLU ha' hybrids, too," he commented, giving the bird-man a half grin. Shame the two teams weren't actually fighting each other as intended. That kid would probably look spectacular lit up in flames. Like a phoenix, maybe. Might smell horrible, if his feathers were anything like hair, but he'd have his gasmask on so it wouldn't really matter.

When Niklas spoke up, Connal couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Okay, mom, geeze." This was a party, you didn't talk people out of drinking at a party. That's just silly. "I'm a big boy, I'll deal with it."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Henry Adams » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Seeing his friend's semi-permanent state of confusion twinge just slightly higher, Henry licked his lips and grinned as he began to dig through his pockets. after searching through all five of his jean-pockets, he gave his leg a good smack and a compartment opened up. After carefully removing his bottle of emergency whiskey, he found what he was looking for.

Replacing the emergency-booze, he dangled a pair of dogtags in the air, not far from the little bird's nose. "I'm talkin' ta you, feather-foot. Joe Greene. 26 years of age. And other information as well."
Henry Adams

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Having decided that the dog was pleasant, if regrettably non-conversational, company, Jericho wuffed softly to BLU's pet and let himself relax against the animal, enjoying the warm feel of fur. It was nice curling up in blankets, and it was nice cuddling with people, but huddled up next to this dog was like having both in one big warm package, and it was really quite awesome in the hybrid's opinion. Though, snuggling up on Connal's lap with a mug of hot chocolate watching the fuzzy channels on late night television would always be his favorite pastime, no if's, and's, or but's about that.

Gerhard couldn't help a small smile at the RED's remark, and he inclined his head in a slight nod as a chair 'mysteriously' slid towards him (yeah, real subtle). He took a seat, ignoring the sloshed Pyro and making a mental note to provide his counterpart with an effective hangover helper for the next morning.
"Ja, you vould be correct ins zhat assumption. I must admit, I haven't played in quite a long time, but... It vould be nice to try again und see if I haven't retained zhe ability."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby 12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 pm

12 had known that Henry still had his dogtags, but he hadn't expect any investigation into them. The sudden namedrop was surprising, to say the least, and he sat there for a second before shaking it off. "....ah, what. M'not--I don't have a name, though." He huffed, frowning slightly. Connal's comment did not go unnoticed, and he shot the Pyro a wary glance over the rim of his drink as he took another sip. Considering everybody else's drink, this one had a very high chance of having alcohol in it; while 12 didn't know how it would affect him, being that he hadn't gotten drunk in his memory, with the way this conversation was headed, he figured that maybe he could use a little. "Got a couple numbers, and I can list off my serial for you." He'd long since come to terms with the lack of a name, and it didn't bother him much anymore. Besides, his number was just as good in his opinion, and it did serve more purposes than a name did. Someone with the proper clearance could just run it through a database, and they'd get whatever information they needed--zero chance of there being a mixup due to similar names, too. His serial just made things more precise in that area. "AT-A 00118B, subject number 12. Designation, ditto subject number." Unlike pretty much every other bit of conversation, his numbers and basic information were always easy to list off. The hybrid was actually glad of this, and figured that it had been part of the training he'd been subjected to. "I, um. Also know my last handler's serial, if that's needed." Please don't say yes. The less he thought about that, the better.

The Scout was watching his teammates the entire time he was speaking, still not entirely comfortable with the ratio of RED to BLU. The other team didn't seem hostile, but that could very well just be a facade...and with Henry being drunk, getting him out of danger would be a bit more difficult. The bird pulled his knees close to his chest, talons gripping the edge of the chair lightly.
Lieutenant

Postby Puffin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

Niklas squinted at Connal's remark. "Look..." he said, incredulous. "I'm just trying to save you some grief in the morning. Just stick to one type of alcohol, mixing them can get you really sick if you're not careful, so I would just stick with the beer if I were you.. Unless you like vomiting. Or you're enjoying those brownies so much you want to taste them again after you've eaten them. Then, by all means." He didn't begrudge the big pyro for getting drunk. He was getting drunk. But usually when a doctor was telling you that something was bad for your health, it was a good idea to listen. Usually.

He hadn't notice Gerhard's chair slide, and probably wouldn't have even if he was looking due to the haze of alcohol. But he did smile even wider at the other medic's request. He handed the instrument to his (secretly) tentacled companion the instrument without hesitation. "Please, go ahead. I'm on the fast track to complete and utter inebriation, and it won't be too long before I get too soused to play it anyway." He took another drink of gin, noting that he was almost all out. "What sort of music do you prefer to play?"
Puffin
Site Admin

Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Postby Connal Reid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 am

((And here I am, not even realizing it was my turn to post. For AGES. :B Seriously, guys, if you're waiting on me, just say so. Sometimes I have stupid moments.))

"But... I'ssa party..." Connal protested. If he had been closer to sobriety, he might have been able to explain that he really did not care if he got a horrible hangover, or just a mild one. It certainly wouldn't be the first, and likely wouldn't be the last. He only wanted to make sure he had enough fun to make the pain entirely worth it. "Yanno what, jus', jus' play," the redhead added. Music would probably get the Medic's attention off of him and how much he was drinking. "It's cool..."
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 pm

{It's okay, Connal, I think the majority of us were distracted in one way or another.}

While Jericho shook his head and moved out from under the table to nudge Connal towards a chair before the Pyro toppled over, Gerhard couldn't keep the smile from his face as he was handed the instrument. As he looked it over, noting small dents and scratches rubbed and polished with the love of many many years of play, the BLU shrugged to his compatriot's question.
"I guess if I had to pick, I vould go vizh eizzer zhe classical composers or zhe more contemporary jazz. Zhey tend to... I don't know, have more spirit to zhem, I zhink. Blues is alright, but..."
He shook his head, licking his lips and flexing his fingers in preparation, taking out the reed to suck on it a moment while he tugged off his gloves and got his fingers reacquainted with the positions of the keys. With the reed back in place, the Medic took a few moments to go through his scales, testing his ability while his hidden tentacles curled and twisted with glee at being able to play. Once he was ready, he broke into an old favorite that made his insides tingle with happiness.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Henry Adams » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

"WAIT. I just had the best idea EVER." Like a broken dam, the many glasses of whiskey and rum in the mechanized engy's system seemed to hit him all at once. he jumped to his feet and held his arms out, half-trying to get the crowd's attention. "Joe. Joey. Just... DON'T panic, okay? Don't do it."

Gingerly taking the scout's drink and setting it on the floor, a little ways away, he turned in a short circle. Breifly, he stood on his 'good' foot, then swapped to his mechanized monkey-palm, holding a stance not unlike a bad rendition of crane-style kung fu. With a deep breath, and back on two limbs, he grabbed the little scout by the arms and hoisted him into the air, setting his feet on the only surface available, namely Henry's broad shoulders, and with a slight flourish, difficult while using one hand to steady the boy, he hefted back onto the monkey-palm and folded his leg in. With a broad grin, he shifted his weight and turned to the greater mass of the attending and let out an enthusiastic 'TA-DAAA!'
Henry Adams

Postby 12 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm

"OHH JESUS WHY--"

That was about all 12 managed to get out as Henry lifted him into the air, wings flailing for some form of stability and talons digging into the Engineer's shoulders. The sudden movement had made him jump in the first place, but this was entirely unexpected, and the bird did not seem to be very comfortable with his new spot. Things only got worse when he saw that Henry was standing on one leg. That earned a very solid response of 'oh hell no', and the hybrid remained where he was for a moment longer before flapping his wings and taking off, opting now for the shack's roof as a safe area. From there, he looked down on the gathering with a mildly indignant expression, compressing himself tightly into a ball and getting comfortable. Well, as best he could, anyway. Roofs were not exactly meant for such things, as he was rediscovering. 12 grumbled a bit, trying to get to a decent spot where he wouldn't be crushing his tail.

"...an' I'm not that person, either." he added after a brief period of silence, frowning.
Lieutenant

Retconned like a boss

Postby Puffin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Niklas was going to try and dissuade Connal one last time, but stopped when he realized it was a futile effort. He sighed wearily. At least the big pyro had someone like Jericho around to watch him. If he wanted to be an irresponsible drunk, it wasn't his problem. Instead he turned his attention to his fellow doctor, eager to share music. He simply sat and listened, finishing off his gin and enjoying the wonderful combination of alcohol and music, beginning to feel a bit more than just slightly buzzed, as well as noting how happy the smaller man looked while playing.

He was about to compliment Gerhard's playing when Henry began his rather boorish display. "Henry, dat doessn't look like a good idea at all," he said, his accent thicker than before. It was kind of funny, but he felt bad for the scout, especially after his rather hasty (and pretty neat) flight to the rafters. Poor Joey. He did take the opportunity to rescue the ukelele from the chair Henry had left it on while he was distracted, clutching the little instrument possively. The engineer was getting a bit rowdy, and the last thing the medic wanted was for it to be damaged.
Last edited by Puffin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puffin
Site Admin

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Gerhard's playing went into a startled squeal of noise when Henry went and hefted 12 off the ground, and the Medic was on his 'feet' in one quick motion. Though not quite quick enough, since the bird Scout went and fluttered up into the rafters. So much for trying to get the boy used to people...
"Henry! Was do you zhink you are doingk?!"
The Medic pushed the Engineer towards the man's seat, obviously more than a little perturbed with the inventor.
"Zhat vas uncalled for, especially vizh a teammate like 12! You sit zhere und stay zhere until you haff cleared your head!"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Connal quieted down again as the music started up. It kind of sounded like it came out of an old cartoon, like Tom and Jerry or something. Come to think, didn't Henry call this guy Jerry? That was actually kind of funny.

Then that BLU Engineer went and stirred up a different kind of chaos, and it had the over-sized Pyro in stitches. "Haha, holy shit!" he laughed, just watching as the scene played out. The others were telling him off for it, but Connal just clapped. That little stunt was definitely entertaining.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Henry Adams » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Stumbling slightly as he was pushed, Henry did his best to throw an equally cross look back at the medic, but failed and moved on to a concerned look at the bird. "Oh c'mon pal. I wouldn't have dropped you or anything." Digging through his pockets, he pulled a baggy of m&m's from his stash and tossed it up, trying to throw it more vertically than horizontally so the scout wouldn't think it was flying at him.

"I don't mean to make you feel bad. You just deserve a name is all. You're not some object, and I'm tired of calling you by designation as if you were... You're a good kid and damnit you should have some pride."
Henry Adams

Postby 12 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

"Designation's good enough for me. S--S'what matters, huh?" He watched as the candy landed on the roof, just letting it sit there for the moment. "Gone by it for a few years." he added, shaking his head. "Besides, I don't know what goes with that name, so why use it?" It made perfect sense to him, and 12 didn't get why Henry didn't understand that. The hybrid shot Connal a very displeased look, digging his talons into the roof a bit. What was that RED even doing? He apparently thought this was hilarious, and 12 didn't particularly appreciate the laughter. Maybe he found this funny because he was drunk. And who really knew what was in those brownies? The Scout didn't want to know, either. There were possibilities, and some of those came from the swamp. That was a road he did not want to explore in the least.

Gerhard's disapproval was met with a tiny smug snort, the bird just watching at this point. Sure, he'd feel absolutely terrible about being a right ass like this later, but for now, he could enjoy it a little bit. He was confident in his reasons, and he figured that he could just talk it over with Henry later and make him see his point of view, if not convince him entirely. While he was no master of persuasion, he'd give it a shot in any case.
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to In The Swamp