Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby Puffin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:54 pm

"For months? How'd y' manage t' go an' do dat? De bayou ain't exactly de most forgivin' environment." They were nearing the base now. She resisted the urge to ask more questions. He wasn't in any shape to do so, and it would probably be best if he could answer them in the presence of the rest of the team.

"Ah, well, I'm new. Only been here a couple weeks." Not even. "Dere's barely anyone at home now. Jus' me, Gerhard, an' an Engineer. He's also new. Like I said before, out of all de people officially listed on our team, you're de only one who's come back dat's gone missing."
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby 12 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 pm

"Scavenged a lot? I don't really know how I managed. T--took a gator down once. Was...chewy." 12 shrugged, just listening to the rest of what she had to say now. He gave Madison a bewildered look when she announced the remaining team members, mildly panicked at the thought of having such a small team to defend against the REDs with. "How did that--? What? Where'd everybody go?" A little surprised at how...well, clear he was, 12 swallowed before continuing, looking decidedly worried. "Is that what you were talkin' about, there?" That would make sense, captain obvious. That might mean that RED was suffering the same fate as far as numbers went, which made him feel just slightly better about their chances. But what it they still had more...?
User avatar
12
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Hiding somewhere. // RED base. x2 // BEING DEAD.

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby Puffin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:40 pm

"Took down a gator? Dat's impressive. Not de sort of animal y' want to get on de bad side of." Madison smiled a bit, but her expression turned into a frown once she it dawned on her companion the extent of the problem they were in.

"If I knew where everyone went, I woulda gone and got 'em back by now. Dat's one of de questions I was hopin' you could answer, actually, since you been out an' about for so long, but if you don't know..." The base was in view. She walked a bit more quickly, eager to be back inside. "But yeah, dat's what I was referrin' to back dere. An' I have strong suspicions de ot'er team is in a similar situation. Dat's why I'm willin' to put aside our differences for a common goal. Hopefully dat'll go over well wit' de rest of our team."
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby 12 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:56 pm

"Was hungry and it was bein' a jerk." It was also where he had gotten a few injuries from, but he'd still been the one to come out on top. As much as a lost and starving hybrid in a swamp could be on top of something, anyway. "I didn't s--there wasn't anybody else I saw. I just got lost." And that was, to put it nildly, embarrassing! 12 couldn't help but fluff up some at the fact, a displeased frown finding its way to his face. "Should've stayed near base." he grumbled, adjusting his wings again and giving a small squeak when he aggravated the broken rib. As if admitting he'd gotten lost wasn't bad enough, he had to squeak on top of it. At least they were pretty close to base now; he could get checked up by Gerhard, get some food, and everything would be alright again. It hadn't quite sunk in yet that he wouldn't have to sleep out in the swamp tonight, but it was slowly dawning on him.
User avatar
12
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Hiding somewhere. // RED base. x2 // BEING DEAD.

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby Puffin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:26 pm

"Well, guess y' learned your lesson de hard way. It's easy t' get lost out here, specially if you ain't familiar wit' de area." Despite her years as a young child in a similar environment, the immediate area was still unfamiliar to her. "Judgin' by what our little friend was sayin' back dere, it's probably not a good idea to go out alone, even."

She thought about the whole situation, not speaking even as she led her companion towards the base and inside. She really, really hoped that Gerhard would be around...
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby 12 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 pm

The quiet was something he welcomed wholeheartedly, due to the fact that it saved him from having to come up with any replies on the spot. He had known that it wasn't exactly safe to go wandering in the first place, but what he hadn't counted on was getting lost. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have much in the means of directional sense, which had really only made it worse. As they passed into the base, 12 relaxed visibly, looking almost content with being back inside. This was an environment that he knew how to work with, and one that would not (most of the time) try to kill him. Here, there were his teammates, wherever some of them may be at the moment, and this was where he knew was home ground. Base was still familiar to him, and he soon started getting a tiny bit ahead of Madison; every time he noticed this, however, he'd fall back behind her. Solid ground beneath his talons was kind of a great thing, and the hybrid ignored the pain his broken rib was giving him in favor of just being glad he was home.

Wandering around alone in the swamp? Never again.
User avatar
12
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Hiding somewhere. // RED base. x2 // BEING DEAD.

Re: Not quite a phoenix. [Open]

Postby Puffin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Madison was glad to see that 12 had calmed down. He was moving a bit better as well, probably because of the much friendlier indoor terrain. He followed her dutifully, almost uncannily so. She didn't initially notice it, but it seemed that he was reluctant to walk any faster than her. Odd, especially for a Scout, a class that could and would happily run circles around her.

She ignored the impulse to question him again, instead stopping once they were safe inside. "Now I trust y' know your way to de infirmary from here. Or would you prefer dat I come wit' you?"
User avatar
Puffin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: RED Infirmary x2 // Setting Fires in the Backyard // SPACE (really just at BLU)

Previous

Return to In The Swamp

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron