The burning, the burning! (CLOSED, EVERYONE IS DEAD)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Re: The burning, the burning! (OPEN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Jericho honestly had not expected such strength, underestimating the madness that had taken hold of his fellow Soldier. He managed to draw blood, which was good, but the sudden grip on his jaw took his completely off guard, and he was unable to retaliate properly. The chimera howled in pain as his already distended jaw was wrenched, the taut folds of skin that allowed him to open his mouth so wide tearing and bleeding as the bones came free from one another. He choked, fighting to breathe as he was hefted bodily off the ground, and for the first time he could remember, he felt fear.
Real, honest to God fear, making his insides clench and a coldness run down his spine.

He tried to hang on, find some kind of grip, but it was too late, and he felt a sparse few moments of weightlessness before he collided with one of the many cypress trees growing out of the swamp. A strangled cry was torn from his throat as he felt a few ribs bend and snap, his shoulder twisting and his already hurt wing pulverized between the tree and his own body before he collapsed to the ground in a heap.
The physical pain was incredible, making his vision blur even worse than usual, but that wasn't what forced a whimper from his vocal chords.

His Master had been killed, murdered before his eyes, and he had been unable to enact vengeance, as was his duty. He had failed...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Connal wasn't quite sure what to make of the Soldier holding him. It was like he was still fighting, but standing completely still. He flinched at the cry, but was confused when he wasn't attacked after it. Confused, the Pyro simply sat, even for a few moments after he had been released. It looked like Josif wasn't going to be trying to kill him anymore, and so pushed himself up and ran over to his chimera. The realization that he was turning his back to a homicidal, insane man never came. "Jer!" he called, dropping to his knees once he was close enough. God, poor thing was still alive... "Jer, shh, i's me. I... I mean, it's... It'll be okay..." Even the Michigander knew how incredibly stupid that sounded. Getting the first intelligent thought into his head since this whole mess began, Connal turned his head towards the base, cupped his hands around his mouth, and shouted for all he was worth, "MEDIC!!!"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Josif, still trying to escape from his own madness, only now acknowledged the pain that seared his body from the shoulders up. But he could end it, and the insanity, too, with one fell swoop.

A whimper distracted him. The still living Jericho, lying half-dead along tree he was thrown against, was crying in sorrow. It broke Josif's heart to see the poor thing like this-

MURDER IT! TEAR THAT FREAK APART, LIMB FROM LIMB!

-but there was little other choice. Josif would put the chimera out of it's misery, at the least. Now gripping a discarded flamethrower with his free hand, he raised his shotgun with a sweaty clasp and cried out, "J-Jericho! P-please... if you can hear... forgive me... for the hell I've caused!"

Josif fired, ending the poor thing's pain.

Yes, YES! Can you feel it? CAN YOU FEEL THEIR SUFFERING!? DROWN IN IT, AND DESTROY THEM!

But Josif refused, smacking the shotgun against his head. This was not how he wanted to be. He wanted to be human, to be a good man, to fight for what was better for the world, not drink in the sorrows of suffering allies. Feeling sick, Josif could barely hold the shotgun anymore, and so discarded it. This needed to end now.

"Con...nal. Help me... quickly...."
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 pm

The chimera voiced a thin wail, shuddering as he was touched by gentle hands. He knew that voice... But...
He didn't get a chance to finish his thought, hearing his name screamed, garbled words tripping into his ears, and then- Nothing.

{Quick note: Jerry basically out of it, but I could have him trying to run up into the base to find Connal...? Otherwise, he'd going to be in the Respawn thread with James}
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

((Seems like this thread's about to wrap up, but James did start a thread [ viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207 ] where he respawned if you'd like to get in on that.))

"Christ!" Connal shouted, jumping back as his friend's life was ended. Jericho was gone. The Pyro stared for a moment or two, and it felt like someone was slowly filling his stomach with bubbling hot lava. His hands clenched, digging into the mud, as he started to shake. Without any further warning, he turned and pushed himself off the ground, again charging for Josif, and shouted, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" He didn't care anymore what was happening to the Soldier, or whether or not he got shot; he just wanted to rip that fuck-face's god damned head off. All 195 pounds of him slammed into the older man, knocking him back, closer to the books. The Pyro then grabbed the shotgun Josif had dropped, aimed for the Soldier's midsection, and fired. He didn't want him to die just yet, and hoped that it was low enough not to take him out immediately.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 pm

"GGYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Josif screamed. The pain was unbearable, a powerful blast gashing through his insides and threatening to knock him down. Josif upchucked a puddle of blood and bits of gut, then fell over, writhing.

Dammit. This wasn't what he wanted. But still, it was what he deserved, in a way. He was a fool, a madman in himself to allow what had happened to him. Josif once more tried to speak, but only spat out more blood.

See? Was I really so wrong? You trusted him, just for a moment, and he turned on you.

Josif began to crawl.

He IS a traitor. He wants you dead! Can't you see that!?

Josif desperately ignored the ringing in his ears and pounding pain coursing throughout his body. Just for a moment, he needed Connal's cooperation. But now, even that seemed impossible.

You're right! And you're going to suffer because of it, you fool!

Atop the scattered books, Josif pushed himself onto his knees.

You can still stand? Then KILL him! HE IS YOUR ENEMY!

"...shutupshutupshutupshutup SHUT UP!" Josif yelled again, throwing his head back, and immediately cringed and clutched what was left of his lower torso. There was no time. "O-oh god...C-Connal, please. Listen to me... s-start... the fire... it won't... die... any other way-" Josif pleaded, struggling with the last of his strength.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 am

The Pyro just watched as Josif crawled, doing nothing but glaring. He hadn't been able to make any of the bangers that murdered his brother really suffer. He was trying to decide whether or not he preferred it that way. His frown pulled tighter when the Soldier asked for fire, lips parting slightly to show teeth. It certainly wasn't pity that he felt for him. To answer, Connal pumped the shotgun, raised it again, and fired, this time at Josif's leg. Without saying anything, he pumped the gun again, and shot Josif's other leg. Two more shots, one for each arm.

Then Connal dropped the weapon, and stalked forward, grabbing Josif by the collar. He threw him off the pile of books, giving a shout at the effort. "If you think I'm going to give you what you want after what you just did, you're fucking retarded," he practically growled. However, he did pick up a flamethrower, some part in the back of his mind recognizing it as belonging to the other Pyro. "But you do deserve to burn." Somehow it didn't even seem to matter if Josif was even still alive at this point. He lit the Soldier up all the same, sweeping the flamethrower side to side to make sure the fire was spread even.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Postby Penultimate Pi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 am

When Josif lost his leg, he cried out in pain again. After one arm was off (and he was already blacking out), Josif knew that Connal wasn't open to reason anymore. The man hated Josif for what he'd done, and the conflicted Soldier could do nothing to tell him otherwise. Josif hadn't even had time to say sorry.

You're a damned, good-for-nothing, motherfucking idiot. Hope you know THAT, at least.

"At least I'll be free."

Josif burned to gory ashes, and not a single soul mourned for him. Not even the Soldier himself.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

His face hurt. In hindsight, it was really stupid to use the flamethrower without his mask. He had ignored it, however.

When there was no sound or movement besides the flames themselves, Connal set the flamethrower down. Then, with a sigh and a hollow feeling in his stomach, he turned and headed back towards the base.

He hoped to God that Respawn was still functioning.

((Closed/End, I guess.))
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Connal Reid
Colonel

Previous

Return to In The Swamp