Winter Pool Party! (OPEN TO EVERYONE)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Winter Pool Party! (OPEN TO EVERYONE)

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:40 am

It was nearing winter in the swamp; a cold chill in the air, a soft frost of ice covering the trees, bases, and battlefields as the cool wind blew through the Russian's blonde hair, his breathe coming out in small puffs in the air. Only in a pair of striped blue and  white swim trunks, Bosko stood over the murky swamp water, eyeing it with his single grey eye, a grin on his scarred face.

Nothing was better in the winter time like taking a nice, long swim in a ice cold water on a cloudy, nearly foggy day. Of course, many would disagree with such a activity, and in the number of years Bosko had worked for BLU, it stayed that way. Regardless, he enjoyed himself, and if the mercenaries of BLU or RED had a problem with it, he couldn't take the time to care.

He strapped a BLU eye patch to cover his eye socket, to keep debris from getting of course, before running a ways away from the water. Once a good distance, he gave a firm nod to himself and with a loud whoop, he ran and jumped into the lake.
Bosko Vallenski

Re: Winter Pool Party! (OPEN TO EVERYONE)

Postby MakesYouWonder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:19 pm

It was a brisk day but one Aime could stand to be out in, although he made sure to wrap himself up tightly, faintly in the background he could hear footsteps about but paid it no mind, he really didn't have the patience to be curious as he adjusted his scarf and walked by the swamp. He jumped when he heard the sudden cry and very immediately regretted only taking his knife with him on this walk, however instead of an attack there was a splash and Aimé turned to find someone actually swimming in the water.

Swimming!

At the distance he was he couldn't really tell if it was RED or BLU, and quite frankly he was so shocked it didn't matter. "Mon dieu! Are you mad?" he called out his hands in the pocket of his winter coat "You'll surely freeze or catch your death of cold!" he continued to the swimming figure.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am

Bosko was swimming in circles merrily by himself, every now and again ducking his head and smoothing his damp hair back on his head. He stopped, however, as he heard a thick French accent pierce the serene silence from moments before.

"Vhat...?" He murmured to himself, looking through the fog and in the direction of where he had come, single eye squinted as he scoped out the area. He could see a figure in the distance and, without a care in the world for his own safety, waved his hand about to signal the other as to where he was.

"Hallo!" He called out with a broad smile. "Ees very nice day, da!?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am

"Nice day?" Aimé shouted "You're absolutely insane et's positively frigid out, I certainly 'ope you 'ave somezing warm to wear" he called before deciding to hell with shouting and ruining his voice, BLU or not they should at least be able to have a decent conversation with one another without needing to take a stab -figuratively or otherwise- at each other. He stepped through the light smattering of frost on the ground listening to it crunch beneath his feet as he made his way out of the fog towards the swamp's edge so that he could get a better look at the stranger.

"I've 'eard cold water can be good for your complexion but moisour zere are limits" he said.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 am

Complexion...? Such a funny fellow!

"I do because set ees fun!" He laughed boisterously, and with a small cough, he decided to get closer to the other. What good would come from stressing one's vocal chords? With a large intake of air, Bosko ducked himself beneath the murky water and began swimming as fast as he could back to shore, and once there, he quickly came back up; muscles dripping wet, hair askew and plastered to his skull. He wiped his single eye before looking up to the thin man, undeterred by the color of his clothing.

"Hallo!"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 am

Fun? What sort of fun could one have freezing his testicle in cold water until they were roughly the size of grapes? He just couldn't possibly imagine where the fun in that could be... but then again the voice sounded Russian and as far as his experience went most Russians embraced the cold... or at least had built up one hell of a tolerance to it.

He watched as the other dove into the water, taking a few steps back to keep from getting splashed once the other inevitably emerged. He adjusted the scarf around his neck and looked up when the man emerged. He blinked a few times and narrowed his eyes "Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked, the face looked familiar and the one eye definitely looked familiar... but from where?
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Bosko ran his wet hair back on his head, a grin on his scarred face as he looked down at the handsome spy before gasping aloud in realization. Abruptly, he pulled the other close to his chest, uncaring if the other got wet or had any objections.

"French spy Aime!" He chirped. "I did not think I vould be seeings you again!" He continued to hug the other at a bone crushing rate.
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Aimé gasped when the other hugged him, weather it was from a the surprise from seeing an old friend or from the shock of the cold water already seeping into his clothing it was hard to tell. He grunted when the other squeezed him tighter making it difficult to breathe and he laughed a bit breathlessly not wanting to hurt Bosko's feelings. "Mon...ami... I can...barely breathe" he managed to gasp out.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 pm

"Oh! Sorry...!"

With a bashful laugh, Bosko gently placed Aime back onto the ground before straightening his clothing and backing up.

"Do you remember me? Eet ees Bosko! Russian sniper!" He exclaimed with a broad smile. Boy, he hoped this was the right spy; almost all of them looked alike!
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 pm

"I'm offended!" Aimé exclaimed shocked "Zis face and you can't tell et's me? Ef you weren't a dear friend I'd pluck your ozzer eye out" he scolded before grinning again "Et's so good to see you again mon ami! Last I saw you were back at zat ozzer base wiz Howie and ze rest" he said brushing of his suit slightly.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 pm

At recalling his old teammates... His family, Bosko looked to the ground in sorrow, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Da... Howvie and others." He sighed softly, returning his gaze to Aime. "Vhat about you? And Kass? And Artis? Vhat happened to themselves?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Aimé had been about to ask what was wrong when Bosko suddenly began to ask about his own former teammates, he had always felt a little homesick despite his teammates' ability to drive him to the absolute brink of insanity. But it had been the base he had been at longest and he couldn't help but feel a little connected to it.

"To be 'onest mon ami I'm not sure, when I waz transferred Kass made me a... lovely... gift" he said slowly remembering with some distaste the blood soaked wrapping, he had almost been afraid to open it and had been rightfully shocked when it turned out to be nothing but a book, apparently Kass just like unsettling anyone even teammates.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 am

A special gift?

"Vas Eet fingers? Oh oh, or somevun's head? Vhen I leave, he gives me necklace made out of ribs he get from very mean sniper who use to shoot me in face!" It was a horrifying gesture of kindness, but Bosko loved it none-the-less. At the mere memory of his old team mates, he hugged onto Aime again, though this time it was a bit more soft. "Ees so nice to sees you again, Aime. You ees only person I recognize, but I make many friends! I vill introduce yous to thems! Have you made friends too ?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am

Aime made a face at the mention of the gift, figured Kass would give Bosko something like that, their relationship had been.... interesting to say the least. However at the hug he smiled and returned the gesture "Oh mon ami, et's good to see you too" he said smiling before laughing "I'm glad to 'ear you 'ave made many friends, I 'ave made some friends too, in fact I am a partial team leader of ze RED team" he said cheerfully.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 pm

He gasped. "Really!? You are helpings be team leader!? Oh I am having such happiness for you my friend!" He exclaimed, hugging the lithe spy would a broad grin on his face. Bosko pulled back then, leaning down to retrieve his worn towel to dry his hair before slinging it around his shoulders.

"Vould you likes to go svimmings vith me? Thees place ees perfect for doing! Ees very warm and ees much vater!" He leaned in then. "I hear strange noises hear vhen eet vas Halloween... Very nice soldier on yous team make eet go avay, but I ams hopings I find again vhen I svim!"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Aime lifted his eyebrows as the invitation "Alzough zey say cold showers are good for ze skin mon ami, I zink I will decline your kind offer, I don't 'ave a swimsuit on me currently much less a towel" he said as he tried his best to brush the water from his suit before it soaked in, no need to catch a chill and risk getting sick so soon after such an important promotion.

"A strange sound?" he asked curiously "I'm afraid I must 'ave missed it zen, alzough I am curious az to what et may 'ave been" he said once more getting the small chill up his spine as he looked over over the swamp.
MakesYouWonder

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:18 pm

"Soldier on yous team said Eet vas ghost!" He exclaimed, raising his hands up in the air, towel in hand as he waved the terry cloth about to mimic the creature's movement. "But he stop him vith sword he bring! He says Eet let him speak to them and makes them go avay!"

Bosko laughed softly then, looking at the swamp with a smiled before leaning down and whispering to Aime. "Cans you keep secret?"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby MakesYouWonder » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Aimé shuddered as he lit a cigarette and took comfort in the nicotine "I suppose et makes sense you would believe in such zhings" he said shaking his head but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was telling the truth, the Sniper was one thing, this was the man who believed a sociopath doctor could be his friend. But then again a Soldier was an entirely different matter and once more he felt a chill run up his spine.

He laughed at the question "Of course mon ami, I am a Spy after all" he said nodding.
MakesYouWonder

Return to In The Swamp