All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Connal Reid » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:28 pm

((Despite being dated November 02, the setting is Halloween night.))

The sun had set, it was definitely dark out, and despite the damp conditions, Connal had managed to get a good bonfire going. Despite the note he had left on the bulletin board, no one else had yet arrived. Maybe it was because he wasn't playing any music, yet? He had been planning on letting whoever showed up first be the one to pick the tape, and the reason he hadn't played anything in the meantime was he knew Jericho didn't like things too loud. Still, even if the message had been missed, surely the lack of beer would be. Well, it wasn't really that late just yet, the Pyro decided, taking a seat on the cooler he found and dragged out with him. The sun hadn't been gone all that long. The others would show up. He was sure of it. They were probably looking for something to wear as a costume. He, himself, had just decided to use the mud to paint a skull on his face, not having anything else available.
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
User avatar
Connal Reid
Colonel
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 pm

The chimera in question was content to lounge at his Master's side, leaning against the Pyro's leg as the man attempted to make himself a costume from the mud. He saw no harm in the attempt, though he doubted the mud was really sanitary, and frankly, it ended up looking pretty okay for not having a mirror or anything to see how the pattern was working out.
Jericho yawned widely, broad ears flicking back a second before flipping forward again, and he turned his head to nuzzle against Connal's stomach. He was actually wearing clothes for once, as the weather was steadily becoming cooler as the seasons progressed and he really didn't do well in the cold, so it hadn't taken much to convince him to get some pants on with a spare dress shirt serving as a makeshift jacket.
Wings shifting within the confines of the shirt, the chimera looked up to his Master, a brow quirked questioningly.
"Think anybody will come?"
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Anton Markovic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:09 am

The lack of anyone around was starting to get to Anton. Normally he would enjoy a little peace and quiet, but the eerie silence that seemed to cover the base set him on edge. Or maybe that was the nicotine withdrawal. Either way, the purple crayon on the billboard was a welcome interruption to his daily goings-on.

A Halloween party didn't sound too horrid. Hell, almost anything sounded than what he was currently doing. The post said nothing about when this would happen, but no self-respecting party, no less on All Hallows Eve, would start before the sun was well away. He waited until darkness had set in before meandering his way into the swamp.

As he approached the fire he wondered, briefly, if he should have dressed up. Was he expected to? Even in the flickering light he could see both of the people at the fire were in some sort of get-up. He had never been one for costumes, though; he gave a small mental shrug and figured that his t shirt and jeans will have to do.
Anton Markovic
 

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Connal Reid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:03 am

It was hard to think of Jericho as anything but a pet. One that could carry a conversation if he wanted, but a pet all the same. Connal sighed and started scratching the top of the chimera's head. "Dunno, buddy... I know one guy isn't coming because it's his birthday, but..." he trailed off. To the Pyro, it seemed like a stupid reason to sit alone in a room, especially when that's probably all he had done since he arrived. Almost didn't seem right to leave the guy by himself like that, but if it was what he wanted there wasn't much he could do.

The Michigander turned his gaze back to the fire, and noticed something moving on the other side. It only took a second to recognize the Spy, the first RED he had met. "Anton, hey!" he greeted, standing up as a wide smile spread across his face. "Good to see you again, man, it's been... shit, weeks. Hey, I got a bag with some cassettes in it over here, an' since you're the first to show up, you get to pick the music. Sound cool?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
User avatar
Connal Reid
Colonel
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:30 am

Jericho murred appreciatively at the scratching, tilting his head slightly to get the Pyro's fingers where he wanted them, but an ear flicked up curiously to show he was listening.
"Birthday...?"
He knew what the word meant, and vaguely recalled something that seemed related to it; People laughing and the smell of sweet things and something about candles... He let it pass, knowing it was a simple flicker of a time long past. Better not to dwell.
"Shouldn't be alone on your birthday..."
The chimera perked up, nostrils flaring, and he would have growled if he hadn't caught the same scent scattered around base as the skinny man came around the fire. Connal's reaction to the newcomer further calmed him, and the patchworked hybrid yawned before turning to rest his head on the Pyro's knee, watching the almost-stranger curiously.

- - -

"A bonfire...?"
One of BLU's Medics hummed thoughtfully to himself as he looked out the Infirmary window, a gloved finger tapping at his chin before he turned to a nearby calendar. Huh, Halloween. Was someone attempting to celebrate?
Curiosity poking at the back of his brain, Gerhard glanced back towards the window, squinting a bit at the large fire burning just across the way, and nodded to himself as he started for the door.
Better to investigate and make sure the REDs weren't going to be trying to start up the battles early...
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Anton Markovic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 pm

He gave a small smile and waved as he approached. It was nice to see a familiar face, even if it was of someone he barely knew. He looked too the other person, who was... resting his head on the pyro's leg? An odd look crossed his face, halfway between confused and a grimace. He hadn't pegged the Michgander as one of those. He drew back a bit, eyeing the two.

He'd seen people get the crap beat out of them for less. Sometimes he was the one doing it. It wasn't that he had any somethign against them or anything, it's just what happened. He paused for a tick, hesitaing, before continuing on and sitting by the fire, albeit a little warily. He shouldn't mess with what didn't concern him.

Music? He saw the bag, and picked it up. It was hard to see any titles, so he simply grabbed the one at the very bottom and tossed it to the Pyro. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad a selection.
Anton Markovic
 

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 am

In the more forested regions of the swamp, a fairly tall, muscled figure could be seen walking about. The figure in question was a man who looked as if he had come from before the A.D. years. Over a chainmail shirt, he wore a brown leather chestplate and shoulder pads. Drapes of scarlet-red cloth were hooked across the plate and on the shoulder pads to create the image of a regal toga and cape, an old belt hooked around the waist to secure the former. His arms and head were bare of clothing, except for a pair of brown, gold-adorned wristbands and a matching headband. The man also wore pants of a dull white, with leather padding on the ankles and knees. The boots, however, a beaten set of Mann Co. produced Mantreads, looked out of place compared to the old-fashioned costume this figure was wearing.

Josif, the owner and wearer of this suit, was taking a walk. He was usually fairly thrilled about Hallows Eve (and it's parties), and had gathered what he could to assemble the outfit of a Roman Legionnaire. Despite trying his best to be in the spirit for tonight, the chilled weather was making the effort slightly formidable. The costume was admittedly thin, and would do little to protect from the brisk air surrounding the swamp. So, before it could get too dark, Josif had taken a walk around the swamp to warm up his blood for the event tonight.

Josif was at the far end of RED's territory, an edge not many people would normally go, even more so on this kind of night. While Josif might have walked around the whole border for the exercise, he had spotted smoke rising from through the treetops, temping him to investigate. It was likely a bonfire for the party tonight, Josif figured. Before he got too far though, he noticed a different shape wandering about.

It wore a white longcoat with a cerulean medical cross, and Josif recognized the figure to be a BLU Medic. The man did not have any weapons on his person (or so it seemed), but it was still suspicion-raising. What could this man possiblly be doing, crossing the border, and without any protection, to boot? Josif hadn't been noticed yet, so he decided to see what the Medic's business was. Josif ducked into the brush, staying at a safe distance to observe the BLU doctor's path.

The RED "Legionnaire" didn't even need a minute to see that Medic was headed to the bonfire. After thinking a bit, Josif decided to veer off along a widely separate trail to the bonfire, so as to minimize suspicion from anyone. He didn't think he would make it before the Medic, but he doubted there was any reason to worry.

Josif let out a light chuckle. After all, it was a holiday. How could wearing a different color separate that?
User avatar
Penultimate Pi
Captain
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: ?????

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:16 pm

{Guess I'll jump in with Gerhard here and keep having Jericho after Connal. I wanna keep this moving if we can}

The TentaMedic had yet to catch on to the Soldier's presence, more focused on the fire and the small gathering of people lounging in the light. What was that, some kind of dog...? He hadn't heard any barking or anything, maybe it was new. It sure looked strange though...
Curiosity getting the better of him, Gerhard slowly moved closer, his prehensile lower limbs barely making any sound at all as they slithered across the damp grass, hidden within the confines of his holographic disguise.
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Connal Reid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:23 pm

That was a bit of a strange reaction. Connal blinked, following Anton's eyes down to Jericho, then back up. Did the Spy not like mutants? No, that couldn't be, he never seemed upset at all with Riley around. Well, maybe it still could be. Riley did look much more human, and was only two species instead of... however many Jerry was. Either way, it was probably a good idea to let him have his space.

Then the silent RED tossed him a cassette tape, and the Pyro gave it a look over. There was no label, so it must have been one of his mixed tapes. As he reached for his boombox, some movement caught his eye. Being obscured by the trees and outside the ring of firelight as the figure was, Connal had no idea he was looking at a BLU. "...Hello!? Someone there!?" he called out, unsure if he had seen anything. In a quieter tone, he asked, "Jer, you smell anythin'?"
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
User avatar
Connal Reid
Colonel
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:40 pm

The hybrid perked up immediately, large ears flicking up and forwards to listen be he huffed and flared his nostrils, trying to sniff out what had disturbed his Master. He couldn't really smell anything, just... Not really fishy, per say, but watery and faint, with a slight underlying tone of what might have been the slight musty smell he associated with humans. There was someone else out there, too, but he recognized the Soldier's smell from the man being around base, so he ignored that scent, taking a step forward to try and figure out what the strange thing even was.
He voiced a muted whine, head cocking to one side in confusion before he got to his feet, his heavy tail moving to curl protectively around Connal as he leaned forward to try and get a better look at the stranger before he turned to the Pyro. It was pretty obvious that the chimera was more than a little unnerved.
"Yes...?"
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Anton Markovic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm

((Uh, can you skip me this time around? I'm kind of bogged down with work at the moment. Sorry.))
Anton Markovic
 

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Tentacles » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:05 pm

((the hell with it, I'm jumping in...like a boss))

The smell of a good bonfire was finally too much for the slippery arsonist to ignore.

James merrily crashed through the trees, fully uniformed as usual, flamethrower in hand. Alright, so there was ALREADY a fire, but...why stop at one, after all? In a weak attempt at a costume, he had found a cast off rubber glove in the RED base, respectlessly wearing it on his head like the comb of a rooster.

His wreckless fire fueled joy was quickly squelched when he spotted movement ahead. It was difficult to see at night with the tinted lenses of the mask, and he removed his normal 'face' with a sticky pop, gratefully sucking in the night air as he blinked his dead eyes. Un fucking believable...he clacked his jaws together. A goddamn BLU Medic. Bad enough a BLU, it had to be a fucking Medic. He hunkered down behind a tree, flicking his eyes back and forth from the distant fire to the sneaky godforsaken BLU. It would be easy enough to 'handle' this without the others knowing, and then maybe he'd have the fun burning times later. He knew there was a ceasefire, but there was a goddamn BLU sneaking around. And a Medic at that.

He leaned the flamethrower against the tree, and equipped his ax.
User avatar
Tentacles
Colonel
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:35 am

Moving along the bushes, Josif was making his way to the bonfire. He spiraled around to the closer side of the RED area, to make his arrival more... regular, perhaps? The RED Soldier didn't really know, but there was a certain sense in him that said it was better that way. Josif was about to cut through the brush to the fire when he heard movement behind him. Glancing back, Josif saw a Friendly Pyro, tromping through the forest with flamethrower in hand and - wait, a glove on his head?

Josif sighed. Some Pyros could be truly crazy at times, and this one was no exception. Josif observed his movements for a bit, confirming he was headed to the party. But then the Pyro stopped. The firebug looked around carefully, as if he had heard a noise. The Pyro peeled of his mask, as if to look deeper or in disbelief. Josif couldn't see the Pyro's face (which was good for both parties, probably), but he could tell that the pyromaniac had found the Medic.

Josif started off to the Pyro, who was grabbing a fire axe. When he was close enough, Josif said to the Pyro, "You probably shouldn't attack that BLU just yet."

Then, shielding his eyes, he added, "And no, I didn't see your face."
User avatar
Penultimate Pi
Captain
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: ?????

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Tentacles » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:02 am

James nearly jumped out of his skin, having not seen the Soldier until the sneaky bastard was close enough to talk. He made a surprised sucking sound that resembled a human gasp before jamming the mask back over his head.

Nodding to the bizarrely attired Solly (well, it was Halloween, after all), he assumed the man was a RED as he glanced him over; of course, you couldn't tell with that Ren Fairre crap but the Pyro decided if he hadn't had his brains smashed in by him yet, he must have been on the same team.

"...thnnks." he muttered quietly, gesturing for the Soldier to get low as he crouched down once more, watching the goddamn Medic. "Ah dnnt sssi whuy wh jjhsst chnnt thkk hm uuht. Hhs un urr ttrrttry..."

The Pyro's gaze never left the creeping Medic, but he thrust a hand in the Soldier's direction. "Jmmms. Yhu?"


((OOC: I've been told my Mumblese is sometimes difficult to understand. Translation: I don't see why we just can't take him out. He's on our territory... James. You?))
User avatar
Tentacles
Colonel
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Connal Reid » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 am

((To be quite honest, I'm not really sure what to do without a reaction from the Medic of Connal calling out to him. I hate making a post with no actual content, but I figure it's better than not posting anything at all in this case.))
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
User avatar
Connal Reid
Colonel
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 am

Realizing he'd been seen, the Medic stilled a moment, debating whether or not to reveal himself, only to go stiff with shock upon seeing what the 'dog' actually was. And he thought he was bad off-!
Swallowing, the doctor took a step forward, putting both hands up to show he meant no harm as he let himself be seen.
"Ah, pardon, I didn't mean to pry. I could see zhe fire from mein Infirmary und... Ah, vell, I'll just go back now, I don't vant to interrupt your- Ach!"
As he'd been speaking, Gerhard had been moving to scuttle off back the way he had come, and in doing so, finally noticed that he had a pair of stalkers.
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Once the Medic made eye contact, Josif knew there was no more reason to hide. He quickly told James to stay put, for the moment, and then stepped out to confront the BLU observer.

"I didn't mean to startle you," Josif began, "but as you can see, we were all ready for a party." He motioned to James. "I thought you wouldn't do anything bad, but, my comrade was thinking otherwise." Josif looked back farther, to the BLU territory, and said, "I understand you were simply observing, but some people simply cannot agree with you being here. Perhaps it would be better both both of our sides if you returned to base."

Seeing as there was no activity in the BLU territory, Josif added, "Besides, isn't BLU throwing a party, too?"
User avatar
Penultimate Pi
Captain
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: ?????

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gavin Evander MacEacharna » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Tonight was the night.

Gavin was pleased at the prospects of what the night held as he limped out of the base. More important than the holiday itself, he would finally get to meet his teammates. After arriving and getting himself settled in, he'd been somewhat disappointed in the fact that he hadn't truly gotten to meet anyone other than Melvin for whatever reason. He supposed everyone was just doing their own thing, or perhaps he was never in the right place at the right time to say hello, though he'd caught a glimpse of someone now and then. But he fixed to change that right then.

As he walked, he was aware of the cool chill that seeped through his clothes. He hadn't bothered with a costume, though his attire was probably uncommon enough to qualify as one. And even though it was getting chillier these days, especially at night as Winter was starting to extend her frigid hand, he hadn't bothered with any more extra layers than he would in the seasons before. He preferred to hold off the winter wear--namely pants--for as long as possible.

Though he hadn't yet bothered to fully explore the land around the base, it proved fair easy to pick out the light of a campfire through the trees in the dark, voices eventually reaching his ears as he got closer. Not only would it be nice to meet a couple of his teammates, but to get in front of that nice warm fire.
Gavin Evander MacEacharna
 

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Tentacles » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 pm

The lanky Pyro strode up behind Josif, his attitude notably less tolerant then the Soldier's. It seemed awfully inappropriate though to disobey a direct order not to attack, and besides, the guts would definitely harsh the party. It was clear Josif was the only thing keeping James from giving the Medic a piece of his mind (or a piece of his own mind, shoved back down his throat...)

James said nothing, but steadily slapped the blunt end of his ax against his hand, as if to back up Josif's words with the promise of dismemberment if they were taken lightly.
User avatar
Tentacles
Colonel
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:51 pm

The Medic swallowed, edging back at seeing how the Pyro seemed to regarding him in a manner most would reserve for when they stepped in something foul, and shook his head to the Soldier's question.
"Ah, nein, ve- Novone really zhought to do anyzhing, as far as I know."
Considering the fact the doctor tended to linger in the Infirmary almost constantly, it was no wonder that he hadn't heard of any celebrations among his own teammates, though it was quiet enough in the base to assume that nobody was really up to festivities. Except maybe Sykes. Sykes seemed the type to be up for just about anything...

Back by the fire, Jericho shifted his weight nervously, voicing a soft whine. He could smell the Soldier, and heard the man talking to someone who talked back, but for the life of him, he could /not/ smell the other person. Was there something wrong with his nose? Or was it something the stranger was doing? He hadn't a clue, and it made him more than a little nervous.
User avatar
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Meddling in other people's business

Next

Return to In The Swamp

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron