All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

The swamp that is a fixture surrounding the battlefield. The swamp, like most, is quite full of trees, moss, and most notably leeches. There are some strange things that pop out of the waters; are you willing to brave into them?

Re: All Hallows Eve (whoever you are, GET IN)

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 am

Josif, obtaining Connal's acknowledgement, started to hurry off to the dock, where the light was at, but then realized something. The strange BLU dressed as a cowboy was also planning to head to that light, thinking there were ghosts there. This might be a problem, if the REDs there were not aware of the BLU presence. Josif needed to do something about that ridiculous cowboy, before he got the lot of them all into deeper trouble.

Then Josif figured, why not play along? He quickly shuffled over to the western-costumed BLU, and whispered to him, "Hey, did you say there was a ghost over there?" Without waiting for an answer, Josif said, "I don't think you can defeat just ANY ghost that gives off a light like THAT. But don't worry, I can." He looked around, as if to check if anyone was looking, and motioned to the sword he had still concealed. "I can't just tell anyone, but," Josif started, in a very secretive tone, "this sword, right here, is cursed, in a way. With it, I can actually TALK to ghosts." He glanced around again. "Just stay here, and I can stop the ghost from hurting us."
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 pm

"Hum?"

Bosko, costumed medic in his arms, turned around at hearing the soldier speaking to him, and as the man spoke of ghosts, the Russian's eye grew larger and larger. He picked up Fritz as he had before, and held him close to keep him warm before giving a gasp at Josif's mention of ghost.

"They vould hurt us?! I thought ghosts vould be nice on Halloween!" He exclaimed, hugging the medic a bit closer. At the mention of such a sword of mystical powers, the one-eyed cowboy smiled brightly, and he nodded as the other offered to go instead to 'protect' them all from harm.

This was the most heroic soldier he's ever met!

"Spasiba, kamerad!" He whispered back, and he gave him a peck on each cheek in thanks before walking back to Gerhard. "Gerhard, Very nice soldier ees going to be savings Halloween!"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 pm

"Oh d-dear.." Poor little Fritzle was getting picked up and moved around all over the place. He didn't mind too much, Bosko was quite a nice heater, it was just that.. He wasn't sure if it was proper for him to be doing things like this. With everyone watching. And he was surrounded. By REDS. "Nhnn.." His face was getting redder than their uniforms, actually. Poor little Barthy was so confused. Oh, why was Bosko treating him like this?? He decided for the time being he should just bury his head in Bosko's arms again.
Bartholomäus Fritz Brotmarkel

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:37 pm

The Medic glares on as the Sniper practically makes a seat out of the railing on the observation deck. He bares his teeth a tad, sneering at the question. Rufus glances away, not wanting to make eye contact with Gavin. Quickly, he pops a canned oyster into his mouth. "I don't make myself merry on ze evening of such a day, holiday or not. It is preferred to be more solitude tovards zhis day as I don't celebrate a day of ze day vith ze day of a untimely birth."

Rufus glances back up, seeing some confusion on the man's face. "It's mein birthday and as part of tradition, I prefer to be left alone on such a day!" He sneers, biting into a cracker.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Gavin Evander MacEacharna » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Gavin's eyebrow rose just a tad at the other's words after the confusion wore away, looking at the other for a moment before glancing back to the murky water. He supposed each person was entitled to do and think things their own way, and he never minded that. To each his own, after all. He himself wasn't too much into birthdays--at least his own--either. But still, something about spending the day of your birth in complete solitude. . .

“Alone on yer birthday?” he muttered lightly, rubbing his beard, “Now tha's not right. . . If anythin', it's all th' more reason fer ye t'be 'round the fire with the rest. Everyone should have a bit a' company on their day a' birth. Even jus' one person. . ."
Last edited by Gavin Evander MacEacharna on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Evander MacEacharna

Postby Penultimate Pi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Trying to keep as low as possible, so as not to attract attention from either side, Josif trekked over to the source of the light. It was eventually revealed to be a large lantern hung on a branch above the dock. Beneath it rested two REDs - a Sniper and a... Medic? It was hard to tell, with the wheelchair and various cloths strewn about him. But yes, it looked to be a Medic. He wasn't close enough to hear much yet, but he was able to discern words such as birthday, alone, and company, along with tones of irritation from the Medic.

From what he could gather, the Medic seemed to want to be alone for.. his birthday? ...Why? It did seem lonesome, but perhaps there was good reason to it. Either way, the Medic wasn't too happy about the Sniper, so inviting him to the party was not an option. Maybe a sort of discussion with the doctor to vent some feelings...

But that wasn't the point. The Sniper seemed intent on going to the party, though, without leaving anyone behind. Perhaps he would be more accepting to the unusual presence...?
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Rufus Schmitz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm

"It's vhat I'm used to!" Rufus Shouts, glaring at the Sniper. "Unlike ze rest of you lot, I don't fancy being around people getting drunk and being silly. Especially vhen it's the day of ze dead! I razher not be known for zhat. Maybe it's tradition for you to have parties, but in mein traditions, it's not. I've never celebrated birthdays vhen I had ozher zhings to do and since zhis team isn't filled out to start spilling blood in zhis damned bog hole, I vant nozhing better to do zhan be alone tonight, just as it's alvays has been... alvays vill."

The Medic glares at Gavin, not wanting to have any further business with him. Never has he had birthdays celebrated with parents too busy with their jobs. So naturally... Rufus had no concept of celebration of having a birthday, he never made the connection that it was something special. To him, birthdays were silly things that pulled you away from your work and cost you a day that could of been used for progress.

"Are you done now? Don't you have a "party" to be being stupid vith beer and such for ze night?" He states.
Rufus Schmitz

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Watching this whole debacle, the BLU Medic not in costume found himself seriously considering the benefits of unconsciousness in this current situation, even though the ensuing mess involving the reveal of his lower half and Bosko's likely panic would be more than a little distressing. Ah, the pains of keeping secrets in a stressful environment...
As it was, Gerhard removed his glasses and rubbed tiredly at the bridge of his nose upon seeing his team's Sniper giving the enemy team's Soldier (?) grateful kisses. One of these days- Oh, who was he kidding, the man had lived on these bases, he should have learned by now.

The chimera by the fire cocked his head, ears pricking up as he straightened, looking towards the little light off in the distance and the voices he could hear conversing. Well, maybe conversing wasn't the right word. One of them certainly sounded more than a little annoyed. Huffing gruffly, Jericho turned to the Pyro in whose lap he lay, lifting a clawed hand to paw at the man's chest to get his attention before jerking his head towards the light, silently asking Connal if the firebug knew anything about the little scene off in the distance.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Bosko Vallenski » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 am

Bosko looked down at the bundle in his arms, and he let out a soft, "Aw!" as he saw the little medic try to hide himself in his arms. 

"Aw, do not be afraid, leetle medic! I saids Nice soldier vould be protecting from evil ghosts by talkings to them vith his sword!" That made sense.

Bosko just hugged him closer and kissed him on the forehead to console him before looking at Gerhard, eyeing him up and down. "Gerhard, vere ees you costume?! You cannot go as self! Because you ees already yous self everyday!"
Bosko Vallenski

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Josif, hearing the last outburst from the Medic, decided to step in.

"Excuse me," Josif began talking to the Sniper, "I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I don't think you'll be able to convince him to go to the party tonight." Josif took a look back at the bonfire, and could still see the relatively BLU shapes in the distance. "And with all fair reason, he wouldn't come anyways. There's some people from BLU at the bonfire. They are just here for the party, but I don't think everyone there agrees with that, not even their own teammates," Josif said, low enough that the Medic would not get agitated further from the info.

"So if you're going to the party, please do. We're going to need that party spirit to keep everyone happy," The Soldier finished, hoping the Sniper would listen considerably.
Penultimate Pi
Captain

Postby Connal Reid » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Connal felt the tap and looked down, then followed the direction Jericho indicated. He let out a small chuckle before looking back down, and said, "Buddy, we went from bein' out here on our own, wonderin' if anyone was even gonna show, to bein' surrounded. I don't got any more of a clue what's goin' on anymore 'an you do."

He still kind of wanted those cupcakes, or at least one. Maybe he could offer a trade for one of the hotdogs he had stashed in the cooler he was sitting on? There hadn't been any marshmallows, unfortunately, so he hadn't expected to have anything sweet that night. The Pyro wasn't sure if he should play nice with the BLUs or not, but those cupcakes were probably going to be the closest thing to candy that he was going to get. It was a good thing to have candy on Halloween. Such a tough call...
Connal Reid - RED Pyro
Tihun - BLU Heavy Hyena Bitch
Connal Reid
Colonel

Location: Just follow the sound of the music.//Somewhere, idk

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Gerhard gave his team's Sniper a deadpan look that looked nothing short of exasperated, then sighed, shaking his head.
"I vasn't planning on anyzhing, Bosko. I merely came to see was zhe fire vas about. How vas I to know it vas a party...?"

The chimera huffed, rolling his eyes as he flopped back against the Pyro, his tail twitching a bit irritably as he watched the BLUs ambling about. Ceasefire or not, if any one of them came near his Master, they were going to end up in a whole lot of pain.

{sorry for the short post, bit run down at the moment}
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Previous

Return to In The Swamp