Reboot - [Open]

The BLU barracks lie here. The BLU logo that lies above it hangs from a nail, the sloppily painted BLU logo scraping off with age. The windows are boarded up, the nails that hold the boards there rusty from exposure. You swear you see a large spiderweb out of the corner of your eye, but can't bear to look. The floorboards creak as you move inside, and the light coating of dust compliments the cobwebs and aged wood inside. It looks like someone recently halfheartedly tried to clean up the place. They didn't do a very good job of it.

Reboot - [Open]

Postby 12 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm

[oh geez backdated a little bit to September 3rd because I am really bad at being punctual. ;;]

Dying hadn't been on his agenda, that was sure. It wasn't like he could do a whole lot to change the fact now, and he was actually kind of okay with it this time. This was when he got to see if that little problem that Henry may or may not have caused was permanent--and 12 was more than hoping it wasn't. Well, just a little bit of limbo left, and the BLU would get to find out. It sort of served him right, though. He really shouldn't have been trying to take his usual tree routes without his wings, as much as he'd wanted to try without them. If he was lucky, he'd be getting them back, which would make the stupid little escapade all the worth it. And so he waited, not particularly sure how he should be feeling about this. A few seconds later, there was that same stomach-lurching jump, and he figured it was time.

The bright lights were almost welcome for once, and 12's slight panic at being run through the machine was very quickly stilled when he noticed something a bit odd. Everything was sharper than the last time he'd respawned, and that was enough to give him a little bit of hope. The once-over laid his doubts to rest, and the hybrid Scout breathed a sigh of relief, settling himself down on one of the benches with a small smile. He wouldn't have to worry about falling out of the trees again, it seemed. It was pretty damn good to be back to sorts. He was plenty content to just sit there for a bit, idly messing with his wings and doing his best to get used to having them again.

After he figured he'd had enough time to himself, he stood up slowly, still not quite back in the hang of things just yet. He wasn't really steady on his feet, bu he was doing a damn sight better than the last time he'd respawned, and 12 was fairly confident that he just needed to move a bit. He probably needed to go talk to Henry and show him that the problem had been fixed--no harm, no foul, anyway. If it hadn't been, it would be another story, but that wasn't the case.

The Scout stood in the hall just outside respawn now, looking around a bit and preemptively coming up with some sort of script for what he was going to tell Henry. Well, when he could find him, that is. Until then, it looked like he'd get to roam a bit.
Lieutenant

You gonna get molested with questions

Postby Tentacles » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 pm

The sound of the Respawn machine turning over had attracted some attention that unfortunately wasn't Henry.

Yvette had been exploring the depths of the BLU base when she heard the machinary creak back to life. Some wayward idiot returning? Why would someone have died, there didn't appear to be any battles going on. An investigation was called for.

"I was begining to suspect that Pyro had been lying to me." click clack click clack. If 12 hadn't noticed the Medic coming for him, he definately heard her prothesis on the hard lineolium now. "This IS a hybrid base. Fascinating. I didn't think anyone bothered with avians."
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Reboot - [Open]

Postby 12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:45 am

Oh geez. That certainly wasn't anyone he was familiar with. He backed away a bit, already looking apprehensive. When had they gotten a new Medic, anyway? "--uh. Well, I..." For all his prior incidents with the less usual things on bases, it was a bit hard not to stare a little at the prostheses, though he snapped his eyes right back up as soon as possible. This was a Medic he was dealing with, and he didn't have any reason to believe she was going to be like Gerhard. The first comment had already set off a bit of confusion--then again, 12 liked to think that Lan Feng wouldn't have said anything to the wrong person. Maybe this one wasn't bad, but he didn't really want to take chances. The bird wasn't too terribly encouraged, though; Medics generally didn't show up without reason, at least in his experience. He was just going to ignore the kind of creepy vibe he was getting for now and try to...well, at least make it look like he wasn't sort of intimidated.

He frowned, figuring it would be better to stand his ground here. He'd have to do it sometime, right? Might as well do it now. "Okay, who're you? I--don't remember anyone new comin' in." Not that he'd actively gone and sought out any new people if they showed up, but that wasn't the point. The hybrid fidgeted in place, not entirely sure what to do now. He'd find out soon enough what this one wanted, he guessed.
Lieutenant

ha ha, i'm being so fucking creepy

Postby Tentacles » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Yvette smirked a bit at the bird's attempt to be intimidating. "Please. Is that any way to speak to one of your team mates?" her attempt at a reassuring smile wasn't going so well. "You can call me Dr. Sauvageau, and you are....12?" she didn't even bother to wait for him to answer; she found naming by number to be a bit distasteful, however convenient. Definately so when they wore little collars too.

For a few moments, the Medic didn't even say anything, just stepping around the poor bird in a wide circle. "Hmm. Can't decide if you're surgical or genetic..." she muttered to herself. "Definately well adjusted...12, I would like to examine you for abnormalities. Would you be so kind as to cooperate?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Reboot - [Open]

Postby 12 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 pm

That certainly didn't sound great, and that...whatever the hell that expression had been was just disconcerting. When the Medic read off his collar, 12 reached up and scrabbled a bit with it, finding it far more difficult to remove the thing with wingtalons instead of fingers. He hadn't expected to respawn with it, and now that it had been brought back to his attention, he wanted it off. After a few half-growled curses, he finally unfastened it, tugging it off and digging his claws into the leather to make it easier to hold. The other's momentary orbit set his feathers ruffling, and he straightened up, very much aware of the height difference. Dammit, he never got to win that one.

"You're BLU, yeah, but you're not one of my team yet, far's I'm concerned." By some small miracle, he managed not to stutter. "There's nothin'' wrong with me, either. Respawned fine." Well, that wasn't exactly true, but for the purpose of the current conversation, it would do. "N' the only doc I'd let poke at me's Gerhard. You kinda...aren't him." Quite clearly, unless something had gone horribly wrong. 12 huffed, more than a little tempted to start walking toward the WD room. He got the feeling that wouldn't be enough to shake this doctor off, unfortunately. Perhaps he could get out of being poked at somehow.
Lieutenant

nope can't shake me bird

Postby Tentacles » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

The Medic couldn't help but look a bit disappointed. Her authority meant nothing here after all - she wasn't the senior Medic.

But the bird definitely wasn't getting out of getting poked completely. "Well, that's alright. Perhaps Gerhard and I could have a look at you." she leaned in a bit, frowning. "You don't look well, 12."
Tentacles
Colonel

Return to BLU Base