Uninvited Guests (BLU Event Respawn, Open)

The BLU barracks lie here. The BLU logo that lies above it hangs from a nail, the sloppily painted BLU logo scraping off with age. The windows are boarded up, the nails that hold the boards there rusty from exposure. You swear you see a large spiderweb out of the corner of your eye, but can't bear to look. The floorboards creak as you move inside, and the light coating of dust compliments the cobwebs and aged wood inside. It looks like someone recently halfheartedly tried to clean up the place. They didn't do a very good job of it.

roflcopter ~ !

Postby Tentacles » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Jasper couldn't help but let out a few more wheezy chuckles as he wiped the blood off his chin. "That would almost be threatening if I knew who Henry was, bushman!" he offered the Sniper a grin full of blood smeared teeth. "What other stories you got, Aussie? Been taking hits off your Medic's gun again?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Re: Uninvited Guests (BLU Event Respawn, Open)

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:44 pm

"Henry's our Engineer, an' thanks t'you, he's got himself some weird lookin' metal leg 'stead'a the real one."
Enrico was really starting to get tired of the Spy's smarmy attitude, and felt a moment of nostalgia as he recalled how annoying he'd found Spies back before he'd gone and been dead for 20 something years. God, it was so tempting to just shoot the asshole and get it over with...
Wait, what?
Oh hell no, that RED bastard did not just call him an Ocker!
Sneering, the Sniper stomped a step forward and unloaded a second shot, this time conspicuously close to the monster's nether regions.
"Right, 'nough'a that. Here's a question for ya; Why the hell did you come through BLU's Respawn?"
Just give me a reason, y'dirty rotten good f'nothin' spook.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Ha ha I'm an asshole!

Postby Tentacles » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:54 pm

The monster shrieked and leapt into the air like a startled cat. The look the Spy shot the sniper was less one of horror and more of did you just fucking do that. Clearly he had hit a nerve. Good, good. Get angry. It'll make you sloppy. As the monster composed himself, he was still clearly trembling. Fuck, he needed a smoke.

"Do I look like a fucking Engineer to you?" the Spy started patting down his suit, looking for something. As long as he was stuck here...where was it...where was it...ah! Here!

Beyond all chance his last pack had respawned with him. As shame none of his weapons did. He plucked out a stick and immediately placed it between his lips, the very taste of the thing already calming his nerves. "Trust me, I don't want to be here any more then you want me here, my dear Sniper." he started rummaging in his pockets again. "Tabarnac...I suppose you wouldn't be civil enough to give me a light would you?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Location: Falling apart // Creeping around // BLU base // Trying not to get shot in the head

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:32 am

Eyes still narrowed in a less than pleased look, the marksman nevertheless grumbled in acquiescence. It wasn't like he hadn't learned how to work one-handed, though he usually had more to brace on...
As it was, a little shifting put the stock of his rifle higher up on his shoulder, lining the gun up with his arm for support and freeing up the hand he'd been using to steady it so he could quickly snatch his lighter from a vest pocket. It was nothing more than a cheap plastic lighter, but it worked, and it didn't rust so bad as some fancy metal cased Zippos.
The lighter was tossed over in an easy underhand, and the rifle put back into position.
This time aimed exclusively below the belt.

Yeah, you didn't call a Kiwi an Ocker. Not if you wanted to keep our wedding tackle intact.

"Might not want ya here, but you are here, an' that's more'n enough t'get me suspicious. REDs don't come through BLU Respawn, not unless somethin' effed up along the way."
He grumbled under his breath, remembering that the Respawn was indeed a bit mucked up at the moment. Henry was doing his best, but the repairs and such were taking a rather long time.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

What the hell is that?

Postby Tentacles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

The creature fumbled to catch the weird object the Sniper had tossed over. The hell was this? Was this piece of cheap plastic supposed to be a lighter? He had never seen anything like it before.. There were a few moments of obvious confusion as to its operation before the former monster managed to get a flame, and was soon happily puffing away.

"Merci. Its good to know you 'ave at least a shred of decency." the monster grinned.

"Maybe you should get your Henry down here instead of grilling me on your broken Respawn, oui?"
Tentacles
Colonel

Holy Schinkes THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm

The Sniper barely suppressed a smirk at the Spy's obvious confusion, keeping his aim true. He remembered when the funny little things had come out in the early 70's, took him forever to realize that, no, he wasn't going to break it just by looking at it and, yes, it actually did work.
Still fumbled the darn things sometimes...
"I'd ask 'im if I understood techno-babble, as is, I'm thinkin' sommat when iffy with y'chip. Prob'ly be better t'take ya to our doc, if that's the case."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

guurrlll i do my homework

Postby Tentacles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:02 pm

The Sniper's suggestion caused him to raise a brow. "I 'ave no desire to let a BLU doctor 'ave a go at me."

He smirked, shooting twin streams of smoke out of his nostrils. "It would end poorly for your dear Medic."
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

"Ey, bloke's got ten limbs, think 'e'd have a fair enough chance."
Not to mention the idiot didn't give a damn about team loyalties... Learned that the hard way, and ruined a perfectly good rifle in the process.
Enrico shifted his weight slightly, daring a swift glance up the stairs. Adrian hadn't come stumbling back just yet, so the bomb-lobbing drunk was likely passed out, no worries about interposition from that direction, but also no aide forthcoming. He could really use a hand...
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Marshall Ames » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:32 pm

[Whoa. Sorry, meant to get back to this earlier...]

Rendering aid to a teammate was a wonderful thing in theory, but it required standing up.
And STAIRS.

Ames didn't trust the water in the rusted water fountain across from the respawn pods, but his canteen had come through respawn with him along with most of his gear, and it helped. Someday, the Soldier promised himself, he'd come back down here and clean this up. Today was not that day.

Noise. Something going on upstairs, like an argument between an alligator and a furniture-moving crew. Yeah-
Reptilian. That's what that other smell was. There was some kind of animal in the building-
Sudden and vivid, the image of the monster he'd just fought tearing great hunks out of the deteriorating outer walls of BLU base came to him. Another crash from upstairs, sounded like a door slamming-
Ames's breathing hitched, and his eyes widened as he reached up quickly to touch the pin of the grenade he'd- ...but of course, the pin was safely back in it's place. He could breathe again. Reassured, the Soldier ran for the stairs, wiped out spectacularly on the second step, and cracked his forehead against the fourth hard enough to see a flash of black with a bright white center.

"Uuuhhh..."

Up. Up the stairs, mildew and a taste of sick acid in the back of his throat that he was just trying to forget... A lighter tang of copper, blood. The world spun left for a second, and Ames put a hand out quickly to the wall. Squeezed his eyes shut. Opened them, to find the stairs were solid again. He kept going.

Overhead, the Soldier could hear the murmur of voices...
Marshall Ames
Mercenary

no problem dear

Postby Tentacles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:48 pm

"Ooooh, you have a freak on your team?" it sounded less like an insult and more like the monster was mildly intrigued. They had just started splicing when the Spy had...disappeared.

He opened his maw to ask another question and suddenly turned his gaze to something over the Sniper's shoulder. Without a word, he quickly fell into a predatory stance and let out a long hiss at the intruding Soldier.
Tentacles
Colonel

It's okay, Ames, life happens

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 am

Enrico made to reply, but then his ears picked up on footsteps behind him and the Spy started hissing like some devil of an alley cat. Really, the footsteps alone would have made him chance a glance, but the sort-of-monster apparently wigging out?
Yeah, definitely something to check.

The Sniper quickly side stepped, shoulder to the wall before he turned to look, risking a few moments with his eyes off the intruding RED to see what was going on. And stilled, eyes widening when he recognized the Soldier stumbling out of Respawn.
"Ames?"
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

i have a rocket launcher your argument is invalid

Postby Marshall Ames » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 am

...Why was his name a question, the Soldier wondered with a touch of unease? Was it still the same day that-
Oh.
Ho-
Leee-
SHIT.
Well. That certainly explained why it stunk like the reptile cage around here.

His shotgun might have been a better bet for use at close quarters like this, but the first hard metal his fingers closed around was the trigger-guard of his rocket launcher, and Ames went with it. Rico struck him as spry, and he himself had been through the base's questionable respawn once today already. He felt like he'd been turned inside-out and back again, but he no longer feared it. The Soldier was well-armed, slightly nauseous, and seriously annoyed.
And Land-of-the-Lost over there just wasn't helping those last two...

Ames brought the rocket-launcher to his shoulder and sighted it on the obviously RED Hybrid across from him with a motion as automatic as deciding which leg went into the pants first.

"GET OUTTA MY HOUSE." The Soldier ordered, his voice rough.
Marshall Ames
Mercenary

sounds like a solid argument

Postby Tentacles » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:27 am

There was something about the Soldier that was off putting besides aiming a rocket launcher at his head what. The entire facade of acting like a human was dropped in an instance as the monster answered Ames' order with another hiss, this one delivered with the same gutteral force he had been able to muster up when he was at full size.

"GET OUTTA MY HOUSE." A simple enough order, if he wasn't still concerned about the laser pointed between his legs. He should kill them both where they stand. Stay right where you are. Get out. Conflicting.

You're out gunned. his instincts whispered to him. Better to run and hide to kill another day.

If the Soldier wanted him out, he'd go. The monster offered one last spitting hiss like a retreating cat and ran the rest of the way up the stairs.

He could care less about the humans sleeping in their bunks if that's what the two idiot BLUs were worried about. He just wanted to get OUT. A spotted trail of bright red blood followed him.

Jasper threw himself at the front door, taking it off the hinges with the force he put behind it. He was going to make it to the swamp even if his lungs exploded-!
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Enrico found himself caught between a rock and a hard place, glancing between the hissing monstrosity and the teammate that looked like death warmed over. He swore under his breath when the Spy took off, moving quickly to follow it and make sure no one got in its way.
Ames could be dealt with later, the rest of the team was in danger!
Up the Respawn stairs, down the hall, down the kitchen stairs, all the way down the length of the base past every single room of any importance, and then the creature was smashing through the front door like it was cardboard.
He didn't bother trying to catch up at that point, stopping a few short steps from the Infirmary, huffing and puffing like a bellows as he struggled to catch his breath.
Jesus, he needed to work on his endurance-!

"Bloody 'ell..."
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

Postby Marshall Ames » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Ames had no illusions that he could keep up with a chase like that and avoid visiting respawn by way of a header down the kitchen stairs, so he didn't try. Instead, the Soldier simply trudged quickly up the last few steps to the second floor, and took up an easy firing position in the left-hand window of the men's barracks. Chances were the thing he'd surprised didn't know the layout of the building well, and would come bolting out of the first exit it saw. From the upstairs window, Ames had a good field of fire on all three sides of the porch roof, and most of the open ground that lay between there and the mist-edged swamp.

Rico was bird-dogging the thing. He could hear them thundering down the stairs, the bang of an empty pot falling off a nail in the kitchen, more running footsteps and then a splintering CRASH. A few fragments of painted wood burst outwards across the front porch steps below-
"Not so good with doorknobs, are we?" Ames murmured under his breath, and leaned a steadying shoulder against the frame of the open window as he brought his rocket-launcher up to cover whatever was about to go down...
Marshall Ames
Mercenary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYL4ZfcmrQI

Postby Tentacles » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Jasper no longer cared about reaching the RED base. The hell with that. Instinct had taken over entirely at this point, and he knew somehow the safest place to be was the water.

If he could reach it.

Several dozen yards off the front porch and the monster collapsed in a wheezing heap. This could not be happening, he was so close--!

Jerkily the determined beast got to his feed and started stumbling towards the swamp, not nearly as quickly as he had been booking it before.
Tentacles
Colonel

Postby Gerhard Melsbach » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:53 am

Well.
That was a bit anti-climactic.

Enrico took a deep inhale, swallowing to try curing his dry mouth before bringing his rifle up and stepping out onto the porch. He wasn't entirely sure what to do, but if it kept the monster away from his teammates and out of their Respawn, he didn't much care.
Gerhard Melsbach
Site Admin

oh hey i just remembered i exist

Postby Penultimate Pi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 am

Clearly he'd missed something. A lot of something. And to think, for a moment, Adrian was going to respect Enrico's loudmouthed order. Of course, the thundering voice of Ames put off a couple alarms in his head that told him to hurry the fuck up.

Scottish Resistance in hand and wearing full gear, Adrian tumbled out of the guest room; or more accurately, out of the window of the guest room. He'd fallen bigger heights before, and a half-broken leg would be the least of his concerns at this point. Sprinting to the front of the base, he noted the hybrid literally crashing out of the front door. Adrian continued on, his gear weighing him down but still keeping pace behind the lizardman.

When the freak stumbled, the Demoman knew he had his chance. Popping a stickybomb on the ground, Adrian blast-jumped the rest of the distance to the the former swamp monster. Despite landing a bit short, he was still able to firmly plant a scorched boot on the hybrid's overly long tail (Seriously, that thing's as long as he is, what's up wit' that?). With a glance back, Adrian saw Enrico, looking rather exhausted, but with a rifle to his eye all the same. A slight wave from the Demoman insured that he had the situation under control.

Then he looked up. The barely-recognizable Ames wasn't looking too forgiving with that rocket launcher...
Ah, crap.

Oh wait, wasn't the hybrid he was stepping on a spy?
Ah, CRAP!
Penultimate Pi
Captain

GTFO

Postby Tentacles » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:24 am

Adrian would find himself very lucky today, as the creature he enraged was only looking to get away.

In addition to now having a boot-shaped burn in the paddle of his tail, the end of his patience had been reached. He just wanted to get OUT. Why were they trying to stop him!? The monster made no hiss or growl, but turn to stare at the Demoman with what could only be interpreted as pure, unadulterated hatred. Something about this man smelled familiar, a dim memory associated with a great deal of pain and the world falling silent. This particular idiot was extremely dangerous.

Kill him quickly. It would be a snap for you. Whatever thinking portion of his brain that remained active knew that would be a horrible idea, however. A quick glance over his shoulder revealed there were still two weapons pointed at his head.

Instead of tearing out the Demo's throat as he would have wanted to do, he simply tugged the tail out from under the moron's foot and bludgeoned him upside the head with it. "DO. NOT. FOLLOW ME." he hissed at the Demo, spraying him with a mouthful of blood.

With that, the monster considered his options. The swamp was too much of a clear shot and the path to it offered no cover. The RED base (if it was even still an option) suffered a similar disadvantage and was too far away. The tangled woods of cyprus trees were clearly the only option. Huffing and puffing and bleeding all over, the beast quickly disappeared into the darkness.
Tentacles
Colonel

gentlemens' agreement

Postby Marshall Ames » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am

Snickering uncontrollably was hardly good for his ability to aim, but when Ames heard someone land heavily in the weeds around the corner and come tear-assing into the front yard to announce himself with a sticky-bomb, the Soldier's expression turned serious.

Yes, that was an enemy down there, and as nasty a reptile-based hybrid as he'd ever seen. Probably out of the same series of experiments that created the swamp-monster he'd just died fighting, judging from the coloring of the probably-once-RED's hide... But the Doc was a hybrid too, and in a fair fight, Ames's money would have been on Gerhard to kick that thing's scaly ass.

What if one of the BLUs got cute and went pussyfooting around on RED base some time? Was that worth a respawn?

The Soldier didn't quite know what all had been going on since the bizarre, combined-team battle he felt he'd just left, but two things were clear enough already: BLU base was still standing with at least part of the team intact, Rico or another friendly was covering Adrian from the porch, and the wheezing RED was in no shape to offer effective resistance unless one of the other two did something remarkably stupid.
Like- -getting up close and personal with an opponent who had CLAWS. For example. -Goddamn it they were too close together now, if he fired he'd take Adrian out too...

But the hybrid smacked the Demoman judiciously with the flat of it's tail instead of attacking him for real, and took off once more, staggering for all it was worth in the direction of the swamp...

Ames raised the end of his rocket launcher out of line with the scene below, and returned the favor.
Marshall Ames
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to BLU Base