BLU - Deanna Loren Faris, Soldier

The home of the Deceased, may they Rest In Peace.

BLU - Deanna Loren Faris, Soldier

Postby Deanna Faris » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:40 am

Active Threads

And Not A Paddle In Sight (Saoirse, Yuri, Arseni)
A lot of mud and not much else.

First Day. Meeting People. (Sykes)
What is this, boot camp?

Relationships
Friends

Name: Deanna Loren Faris. Will answer to "Dean" or "FARIS, DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!"
Date of Birth: April 28th
Team Favorite Color: Pink This is a stupid question. Deanna has no time for stupid questions.
Class: Soldier
Languages: English

Loadout:
Primary: Liberty Launcher
Secondary: Buff Banner
Melee: Shovel

Personality: Deanna may have been a military brat, but she is no stickler for authority. She's a rebellious spirit and plays by her own rules, yet expects others to follow under her command. She's a know-it-all in terms of what's important. And if you don't listen, well, it's your life on the line, not hers.

She's a feisty spitfire and not afraid to wrestle with the guys. While she isn't outright demanding of respect (she doesn't believe in such entitlement), she won't take shit from anyone either. She tends to keep to herself, but will seek companionship when left alone for too long; it's boring being out here in a swamp, cut a gal some slack.

Deep down, buried somewhere under her layers of toughness, Deanna has the typical insecurities; she wonders if she's good enough for anyone (aside from her parents, for she's given up on making them proud.)

Sexuality: She hasn't really had the chance to explore her sexuality and honestly wouldn't know what to do about any feelings that bloomed on the battlefield. (That being said, she probably plays for both teams.)

Strengths:
Adaptable - When things don't go according to plan, Deanna is resourceful and quick on her feet.
Fit - She's nothing but lean muscle and it shows.
Strict - Keeps people in line. Definitely not a doormat.

Weaknesses:
Near-sighted - While she can fare well without glasses, her eyesight kept her from becoming a pilot.
Vindictive - Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. She may think herself above such behavior, but she can be particularly vicious if pushed to the brink.
Cocky - Deanna worked hard to get where she is, and sometimes it gets to her head. Sometimes she thinks she's invincible and while confidence is good, it may very well be her downfall.

History: Announcer preforms extensive background checks. Don’t leave anything out unless it’s a complete and utter secret. Remember to expand on the important parts of their employment with their team; how long, when, why, etcetera.

Raised as a military brat, Deanna never stayed in one place for very long. Her father was a Marine and her mother had served as a nurse; the two didn't meet on the battlefield, but years after their terms. Both of them held traditional ideas about the roles that young women should have. Deanna's father constantly worried that she spent too much time outside, and her mother tried to teach her how to play the piano and sew. All Deanna wanted to do was roll around in the mud.

She spent a lot of time hanging out with the boys from school rather than the girls. It bothered her as a kid how she liked boy stuff more than girl stuff. She managed to shake off that mentality by the time she entered high school, though. Deanna enlisted in the army, hoping to follow in her father's footsteps. Her decision, simply put, caused a lot of outrage and family drama. She hasn't spoken to her parents since. Quite frankly, she's convinced that they don't love her anymore and are too busy mourning over a shadow.

Deanna didn't even make it into her desired field. Her poor eyesight rendered her unqualified for service as a fighter pilot. Instead, she became a nurse much like her mother in an ill-attempt to try and reconcile with her parents' beliefs; it didn't work and as soon as she finished her term, Deanna changed:

The young woman shaved her hair, donated her wardrobe, and turned into everything her parents never wanted. And while it was a correlation - her drastic change against her parents' reaction - it wasn't necessarily a causation. Deanna felt empowered by her choice. She wanted to go back out into the midst of danger.

And that was when the information from Builders League United arrived.

Nationality: American
Ethnicity: English and Armenian ancestry.

Appearance:
Hair Color: Brunette; shaved.
Eye Color: Brown.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160lbs

Lithe and not lanky, Deanna is one lean, mean, fighting machine. She has sharp narrow eyes and thin stern lips, looking like a predator about to leap upon its prey. Her arms are all muscle, fit yet not bulky, and the same goes for her legs. Her skin tone is a shade away from olive and she tans well.

Upon the small of her back is a tattoo, an homage to her favorite band, Queen. Flanked by two lions raised upon their hind legs is a royal crown. Hovering above said crown is a bird reminiscent of the phoenix of lore. The tattoo was done in just black ink.

Another notable feature includes a two-inch scar that starts at her left shoulder and snakes back. It was caused by a stray piece of shrapnel.

First Person Sample: I thought I had made myself clear. I was to report to the Builders League United base. But no matter how many times I repeated myself, no matter how much reassurance I gave the driver, he refused to let me on board. So I hoisted him by the collar and snarled in his face, throwing expletives to the wind like confetti because this was something to celebrate. It seemed to rattle him up good and I managed to hold back a smirk until his eyes settled upon the road.

Third Person Sample: Dean soared from the battlements, propelled from the blast of a rocket missile. Like an eagle, she flew through the air, gazing upon her foes, contemplating which one to strike. Two rockets left the chamber of her weapon, crashing down upon the REDs like meteors. Some sort of swamp foliage broke her fall and she rolled off to the side. Time to rally the forces. She pressed her lips together and lifted the brass horn to the sky. Adrenaline surged through her and she all but jammed more missiles into her launcher.

Image:
Last edited by Deanna Faris on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deanna Faris

Re: BLU - Deanna Loren Faris

Postby The Announcer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 pm

You’ve been accepted to BLU, worthless dyke.

Remember: Even if BLU had positions for air flight, you would be worthless! If we accepted you, we would expect you to crash into the broad side of 2fort.

Remember, your team’s activities can be accessed here.
You are required to make a introductory thread in the Docks, even if you don’t get any replies. This is an important process, and should be done the same day you are accepted.

Please remember the rules, and that you are allowed to update your application with information on your character; we have specifically designed the app for this purpose. After beginning your dock thread, tag as you like.

Remember: We at BLU do not support friendships with the enemy. These will be found and destroyed.

Flaunt your breasts. If you wrestle with Goldilocks, you have a one up; he's a lesbian with no breasts, you're one with them. I fully support this pairing, and my associates have a betting pool on you hooking up.

Get together, I have fifty dollars on it.

Enjoy your time on BLU!
The Announcer
Site Admin

Return to The Graveyard